Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-11-2012, 04:54 PM   #1
cakedaemon

Question No Future

I remember this game, and I think it was called "No Hope" or something along those lines. It was an island management game. It had good sprite work, too. The island started the game with huge ice sheets on the top of the mountains, and as you got more factories, you had to increases your transport to accommodate, so you'd see tunnels be digged through the mountains and the ice melting away as temperatures increase.

Also, as the pollution level in the air rose, you'd get increasingly large black and brown clouds in the sky. It was singleplayer, and I think the menu buttons were on the top of the screen, with information about how much to invest in housing, industry, transport and things like that.

I searched for over an hour before posting here. Utopia is a close match, but it ain't the right game, unfortunately.

All help is appreciated!

EDIT :
http://www.old-games.com/getfree/6913

You can get it here!

Last edited by cakedaemon; 01-11-2012 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Found it!
cakedaemon is offline                         Send a private message to cakedaemon
Old 01-11-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

How to ask about forgotten games
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 01-11-2012, 05:10 PM   #3
cakedaemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Ah right! Sorry!

Unfortunately, The first two questions are invalid, since I didn't play the game when it originally came out, but stumbled upon it three to four years ago by chance when going across the internet. It was definitely a dos game, though. I had to bust out Dosbox to be able to run it.

I'd say it was something like a city simulation, but I think it was a hands off style. The kind where you provide all the triggers and let the game do it? I ain't too sure.

I can't exactly describe it's perspective, so I'll make a quick drawing and use that to show it.

You can find that quick drawing here.
cakedaemon is offline                         Send a private message to cakedaemon
Old 01-11-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
RRS
(Gaming) History Buff

Now that you found it, how about writing an entry for MobyGames, so that others may someday find it as well?
RRS is offline                         Send a private message to RRS
Old 02-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #5
cakedaemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRS View Post
Now that you found it, how about writing an entry for MobyGames, so that others may someday find it as well?
I'll probably get round to doing that sometime soon.

Marko told me to start compiling information about where you can get the game and such.

Places where you can get the game:
http://www.old-games.com/download/4350/no-future : You can only get it from here. HOTUD has a page on the game, but no links.

Year of Release : 1995
Platform : DOS
Developer : Egosoft : They made the game for the Federal Environment Agency of Germany, who in turn released the game as freeware, which then got translated to English.

The game's got no DRM or cheats, but I think someone could probably whip up a trainer for the game using Cheat Engine or something. I've taken some screenshots of the game in various phases of the Island's development, and hopefully, I could whip up a review.