Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Forgotten Games Bureau
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-05-2013, 11:45 PM   #21
MrFlibble
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koden View Post
I'm guessing the one I'm looking for is gone to the vapors of time.
No need to give up on that this easily, you can browse cd.textfiles.com and/or Classic PC Games at archive.org, maybe you can track down your game there
Old 02-06-2013, 06:19 PM   #22
Koden

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrFlibble View Post
No need to give up on that this easily, you can browse cd.textfiles.com and/or Classic PC Games at archive.org, maybe you can track down your game there
Tried archive.org, so far I can't seem to find it. I might try diving into cd.textfiles.com later, it isn't as well organized so that'll take a good minute.

Thanks for the suggestions.
Koden is offline                         Send a private message to Koden
Old 25-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #23
Koden

I'm still looking for this. My quest continues. If I ever find it I'll post about it.
Old 18-10-2014, 09:19 PM   #24
roarke
Abandonia nerd

WinTrek or WinTrek Enhanced ?
Code:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/wintrek/
roarke is offline                         Send a private message to roarke
Old 29-03-2015, 12:26 AM   #25
hiperson134
Lurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koden View Post
I'm still looking for this. My quest continues. If I ever find it I'll post about it.
Nearly two years have passed, so I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I think we may be looking for the same game. I hope it's not lost forever, but it doesn't look good.

To clarify:

It was a turn-based game centered around a solar system where you had to send ships to the planets to take them over, usually against some AI(s). Part of the strategy to this would be timing when you send ships because some planets revolved faster than others and some would be on other ends of the solar system at certain times.

Best of luck.
hiperson134 is offline                         Send a private message to hiperson134
Old 30-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #26
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperson134 View Post
It was a turn-based game centered around a solar system where you had to send ships to the planets to take them over, usually against some AI(s). Part of the strategy to this would be timing when you send ships because some planets revolved faster than others and some would be on other ends of the solar system at certain times.
Your description is somewhat differs from the initial one. And I can remember at least two games similar to your description: Millennium and... and... oops, I totally forgot name of other one. Quick search for Abandonia database gave me Overlord/Supremacy, even if I am not totally sure that it's the game I thought of.

Check both, please?
Old 02-07-2015, 02:04 PM   #27
carmilla
Lurker

I actually found this thread looking for a game that I think is the one yall were talking about. It was called Star Empires II or something along those lines (positive about the II, pretty sure about the Empires; it's definitely not Space Empires II though) and I played the shareware version from one of the "Way Cool" collections released by Quantum Axcess years and years ago.
carmilla is offline                         Send a private message to carmilla
Old 19-01-2016, 03:22 AM   #28
Koden

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiperson134 View Post
Nearly two years have passed, so I'm not sure if you'll see this, but I think we may be looking for the same game. I hope it's not lost forever, but it doesn't look good.

To clarify:

Best of luck.

Nope, that's not the same thing I was thinking of. Still looking for it on the occasion when I think about it lol. So far nothing. I think maybe some person just made it as an experiment and never put it anywhere else.