Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-10-2004, 01:54 PM   #1
{|SonOfTheMorning|}

After the scene where I beat Mordack when he becomes fire,I see the dialog between Graham And Cassima but the dialog stops in the part whre she says "After all you've been through...." and the game freezes.The Only thing I can do is to move the cursor(in the shape of the hourglass).Please help!
{|SonOfTheMorning|} is offline                         Send a private message to {|SonOfTheMorning|}
Old 14-01-2005, 06:47 AM   #2

Any solution to this problem?

Old 20-01-2005, 08:39 PM   #3
Some Dude
Unhappy

Same problem here. Help please!

Old 20-01-2005, 08:48 PM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Hard to help you unless you tell us more about your computer specs.

Were you using DOSBox or another program?

Any idea why it might happen?
Old 21-01-2005, 03:07 AM   #5
BUFFY
Game freak

If anyone has a saved game after this point it might be helpful....
BUFFY is offline                         Send a private message to BUFFY
Old 21-01-2005, 03:50 AM   #6
MasterGrazzt
Game Wizzard

DOSBox is the solution. DOSBox is always the solution.
MasterGrazzt is offline                         Send a private message to MasterGrazzt
Old 21-01-2005, 02:04 PM   #7
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

DOSBox is not always the solution. If he happens to have a slow 350 mhz like we already encountered in the past then DOSBox would be really the last thing I would suggest.

Same thing if he was working on Windows 98...
Old 25-01-2005, 09:17 PM   #8
Carcaroth
Forum hobbit

Send a message via ICQ to Carcaroth Send a message via AIM to Carcaroth Send a message via MSN to Carcaroth Send a message via Yahoo to Carcaroth

I've got some problems with King's Quest too. Both 5 and 6. The problem is with the sound. The music plays normally, but there are no voices. And when I first played King's Quest 6, the old man who sells lamps used to say - with voice - "Old lamps for new!". Am I wrong about this?

~Ceramic White PSP Status~
FW: 3.72 HX-2
Carcaroth is offline                         Send a private message to Carcaroth
Old 27-01-2005, 12:47 AM   #9

As can be seen from this thread http://www.abandonia.com/forum/index...opic=378&st=30, quite a number of people experience this problem. And I don't think it's because of not using DOSBox, 'cause it happens to me as well either way (with or without DOSBox).

I don't think it has anything to do with specs either, 'cause I can play other games like KQ1, KQ2, KQ6, SQ1, SQ4, SQ5, Kyrandia, Kyrandia 2, Kyrandia 3, Veil of Darkness, PQ1, PQ3, PQ4, QfG1, QfG3, QfG4, QfG5, Monkey Island 2, and a bunch of other abandonwares nicely with/without DOSBox. Anyway, my specs: Intel Pentium 4 1.8GHz, 256MB Memory RAM, and ATI 16MB VGA RAM.

I think the problem lies in the archive. Maybe one of the files inside is corrupted or something.

Old 27-01-2005, 11:53 PM   #10

I forgot to mention that I am running WinXP Home Edition on the specs above.

I also tried KQ5 using DOSBox in another machine, with the following specs: AMD Athlon XP2000+, 256MB Memory RAM, GeForce2 32MB VGA RAM, running Win2K. The same problem persisted, the game still freezed after Graham defeated Mordack and was talking to Cassima.

I don't think a saved game after that point is useful, 'cause I think that's the end of the game so any saved game should be before that point. Not a really big deal actually, but it is kind of annoying not to be able to watch cinematic ending after playing the game.