Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-11-2011, 08:00 AM   #41
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Run the game in Dosbox, use this Tutoiral to help you set it up.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 27-11-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
imabrewer
Default thanks

Thanks, I downloaded DosBox and am going to try that. I did get the game to finally run on just Windows XP by tweaking some of the compatibility settings but interestingly, when I run the "runme.exe" file the game starts up and still asks me for a code and won't just accept any number as is mentioned online here. Really odd, so I still can't play it. I'll try it in DosBox and see if it runs any better, maybe the Runme file will work better there. I wish I could remember some of the code numbers associated with the pictures, this would all be much easier. I'm still looking for my old manual, hopefully I didn't toss it.
Thanks for the tips

Old 27-11-2011, 09:23 AM   #43
imabrewer
Default Dosbox unsuccessful

Just tried DosBox to run the game, and got it to run through there but when I start the game using the runme.exe file that is supposed to bypass the copy protection page, it still won't let me enter any old number and boots me out of the game again. Seems like maybe the runme.exe file might not be working. I'm going to try downloading the whole thing again and see what happens

Old 27-11-2011, 09:29 AM   #44
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

I just downloaded the file, extracted it (why it is a HotUD version I don't know we should see about getting that sorted...by we I mean me) and the runme worked. Remember to enter a 4 digit code.
DarthHelmet86 is offline                         Send a private message to DarthHelmet86
Old 27-11-2011, 09:35 AM   #45
imabrewer
Default finally!

I downloaded the game again, and tried to re-run the runme.exe file in DosBox and this time it finally worked! Now the game is running. I just need to tweak it some more to get sound and I'm all set. Thanks for the help!

Old 27-11-2011, 09:37 AM   #46
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Run the install file and change it to soundblaster and you will get the wonderful sound. Just another thing that needs to be changed in the archive we host.
Old 11-12-2011, 07:10 AM   #47
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Okay some news for the people who like this game we have updated the archive onsite so it does not use the Home of the Underdogs extractor and instead is a normal zip. The sound settings have also been fixed to be set to Soundblaster so you no longer need to edit that either.

To get past the copy protection use the runme.bat file in Dosox, have fun and enjoy.
Old 12-02-2012, 06:59 PM   #48
hasso

Hey,

i got this game running in a DosBox, it is so cool.

But after the level where i got the torch, the games said game over and i would have lost the race for evolution. what do i wrong ?

Old 12-03-2012, 12:30 AM   #49
Redracc
Default How to run Humans?

Hey, I want to run HUMANS in a windows 7 enviroment, how can I do it? I have W7 64bits...

Old 12-03-2012, 04:08 AM   #50
DarthHelmet86
SuperFishMod

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthHelmet86 View Post
Run the game in Dosbox, use this Tutoiral to help you set it up.
It is literally at the top of this thread page.