Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 06-08-2010, 01:29 AM   #1
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Default Thomme - What I got?! X-wing, that's what!

I have a lot of problems on these forums regarding posting and such. Hopefully this works this time. Sorry for the weird double post action.

I got an X-wing Review that I just produced over the last couple days... man, that game ain't as great as I remember it being when I was little. In anycase, I'm'a touch new to the whole process, here. I've got a copy of it that I got off diskettes that were rotting away in my basement, but I've noticed that most places are denied the ability to offer many of Lucas' games... so, I'm not sure if I'm of any help.

Now, what I KNOW I can submit is that review. But, I'm new here and don't know the process. So, do I just copy-paste into here? Like this?

<<Review Taken by TotalAnarchy>>

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 06-08-2010 at 05:11 AM.
Thomme is offline                         Send a private message to Thomme
Old 06-08-2010, 05:15 AM   #2
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

You upload your stuff on the FTP. I just sent you the FTP access in a PM, and I've already created your own directory there with your review in it. If you have anything else for X-Wing feel free to upload it, including the archive. LucasArts is indeed a problem, and we may have to put the game on site without a download, but who knows...
Old 09-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
You upload your stuff on the FTP. I just sent you the FTP access in a PM, and I've already created your own directory there with your review in it. If you have anything else for X-Wing feel free to upload it, including the archive. LucasArts is indeed a problem, and we may have to put the game on site without a download, but who knows...
Ok, so, I've got the process down, and I'll adhere to it from here on out. Thanks, all.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 PM   #4
Japo
Autonomous human

But X-Wing is already on site:

http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/37...s+Edition.html
Old 10-08-2010, 04:12 AM   #5
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
We've agreed to put the Vanilla version separately.

PS Thomme: I've forgot to ask you, but we also need a couple of screens for the gamepage. 5-10 will do.

Last edited by TotalAnarchy; 10-08-2010 at 03:09 PM.
TotalAnarchy is offline                         Send a private message to TotalAnarchy
Old 11-08-2010, 12:18 AM   #6
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Quote:

PS Thomme: I've forgot to ask you, but we also need a couple of screens for the gamepage. 5-10 will do.
Will do.
Old 11-08-2010, 11:51 PM   #7
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

Quote:

I was wondering, are you guys also looking for the continuation of the series? Like Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:16 AM   #8
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomme View Post
I was wondering, are you guys also looking for the continuation of the series? Like Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance?
Since LucasArts actively protect their games, unfortnately no.
Old 18-08-2010, 07:12 AM   #9
Thomme
Abandonia nerd

I wasn't offering the ISO's, disc images or whatnot regarding the games, I was merely offering my review writing expertise regarding them. Although... come to think of it... disc 4 of my Tie Fighter install is corrupt, so, I wouldn't be able to load it without torrenting it... (is that ethical?... man this all get so complicated so fast....) but if I were to visit my parents house, I could come away with X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance to review and screen cap. I know that once I got my Tie Fighter disks, I couldn't load them, though.... that's really disappointing. Those disks went bad years ago....

But, yeah, I know that, due to Lucas's merchandising ideals I can't offer up the games, but, I can at least offer up reviews and info.
Old 18-08-2010, 07:21 AM   #10
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomme View Post
I wasn't offering the ISO's, disc images or whatnot regarding the games, I was merely offering my review writing expertise regarding them. Although... come to think of it... disc 4 of my Tie Fighter install is corrupt, so, I wouldn't be able to load it without torrenting it... (is that ethical?... man this all get so complicated so fast....) but if I were to visit my parents house, I could come away with X-wing Vs. Tie Fighter and X-wing Alliance to review and screen cap. I know that once I got my Tie Fighter disks, I couldn't load them, though.... that's really disappointing. Those disks went bad years ago....

But, yeah, I know that, due to Lucas's merchandising ideals I can't offer up the games, but, I can at least offer up reviews and info.
Well, if you know that you can't offer the games, then go ahead. We'll add the games without the archives.