Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-11-2004, 02:16 AM   #1
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Question

Well, in better words, my computer has to move from current room in the basement. :blink: At first I had to move computer out of living room (apartment) :angry: and now I have to make a room that mine home computer will be in (most of you know and why).

So last couple of days I was working with drywall, drill, hammer, and all those nice ‘adult’ toys. Room supposed to be an office with library.

So, for this topic I’m interested to hear where is your computer placed, how do you like current place, and do you like to do home remodeling. (if yes, I need help )
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 29-11-2004, 02:24 AM   #2
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

me and my gf have each an "office-table" place opposit of eachother. so we face eachother.. on those tabels we have 3 computers atm.. Works pretty well if you'r not allergic to loose cords or slightly overloaded "work stations"
Old 29-11-2004, 02:24 AM   #3
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

Can't give you much practical help on remodelling, but it doesn't sound like you need much help. If you need to concentrate on your computer work, gotta have a separate room. :whistle: I've a small office where I sit beside the computer most of the time. The room is packed with books and boxes and computer magazines, art and music stuff. Can't swing a mouse. The window is almost covered by ivy that has grown across it. Keeps the room really cool in summer.
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 29-11-2004, 02:58 AM   #4
N17R0
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Titan@Nov 29 2004, 03:24 AM
me and my gf have each an "office-table" place opposit of eachother. so we face eachother.. on those tabels we have 3 computers atm.. Works pretty well if you'r not allergic to loose cords or slightly overloaded "work stations"
True love thru LAN gaming.
"dude! you so used a trainer!"
"you're just upset cuz you lost!"
N17R0 is offline                         Send a private message to N17R0
Old 29-11-2004, 03:01 AM   #5
Titan
Gnome

Send a message via ICQ to Titan Send a message via MSN to Titan Send a message via Skype™ to Titan

hehe.. i have a gr8 clip about a CS player getting caught at a LAN cheating.. they annihilated him and smashed his computer..

The design have its advantages.. downside is, it takes up ALOT more space then if they where placed "back2back"-style instead.. but if you have enough space to work with, it's doable..
Old 29-11-2004, 06:00 AM   #6
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

I have a laptop, so usually I'm in bed. But if I'm working with many books AND computer, I usually sit in the living room (pretty uncomfortable, low tables there), in the kitchen or at the school library.
I do have a desk in my room, but I keep a huge box with unsorted stuff on it :whistle:

My parents just bought a dining-room table... It'll fit fine for my studies :angel:

But I loooooove having a laptop :w00t:
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 29-11-2004, 06:06 AM   #7
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Don't you get sick of using the mouses on laptops.

Anyway Our computer is in the front living room, on a desk, in the corner, beside the window. It was in my brothers room, which was gay, it's better out here. k:
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 29-11-2004, 06:31 AM   #8
Puffin
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Nov 29 2004, 07:06 AM
Don't you get sick of using the mouses on laptops.
Oh, no, I love the touch-pad! It's much better than "normal" mic, in my opinion
Puffin is offline                         Send a private message to Puffin
Old 29-11-2004, 06:51 AM   #9
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Yeah, laptop is great.My syster don't bother me anymore saying always "Give the PC"
Old 29-11-2004, 07:42 AM   #10
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well I think we going to get a laptop only so my mum can put her thousands of photo's, that she takes, somwhere when we go on holidays.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow