Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Tech Corner
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 23-07-2005, 09:14 PM   #31
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

So it'll live, then (provided I replace the battery)? That's a huge relief. Thanks. :tnx:
My best friend's boyfriend is some sort of IT wizard, so I suppose if I ask him nicely he might replace the battery for me... Does it need to be replaced right away, do you think or do I still have another couple of weeks?
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 23-07-2005, 10:03 PM   #32
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 23 2005, 09:14 PM
So it'll live, then (provided I replace the battery)? That's a huge relief. Thanks. :tnx:
My best friend's boyfriend is some sort of IT wizard, so I suppose if I ask him nicely he might replace the battery for me... Does it need to be replaced right away, do you think or do I still have another couple of weeks?
you dont need to replace the main laptop battery.. its a little coin-sized battery inside thats worn out.
its not actually necessary to ever replace it.. it wont do any harm to leave it alone.. just that without a new one it wont be able keep the date settings etc so you'll have to keep setting it
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 24-07-2005, 08:55 AM   #33
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well, I'll probably have it replaced eventually, but at least I'll be able to finish my thesis on it, then. Thanks, I was getting really worried.
A. J. Raffles is offline                         Send a private message to A. J. Raffles
Old 24-07-2005, 10:18 AM   #34
xoopx
Hero Gamer

Quote:
Originally posted by A. J. Raffles@Jul 24 2005, 08:55 AM
Well, I'll probably have it replaced eventually, but at least I'll be able to finish my thesis on it, then. Thanks, I was getting really worried.
you probably already have, but make sure you have lots of copies of that thesis on floppy discs!
xoopx is offline                         Send a private message to xoopx
Old 24-07-2005, 10:21 AM   #35
A. J. Raffles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Yes, I'm saving it to one of those USB thingies, actually, just in case the computer does break down after all. And making sure that I print out every page at least once.