Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-01-2006, 11:18 AM   #21
Abi79
Home Sweet Abandonia

Send a message via Yahoo to Abi79

Ah, respecting newbies... We are respecting them here (I think), but if you want an opposite example you should just play Allegiance. Those people were so stupid that I actually stopped playing it after two weeks. (you could hear things like Shut the *meep* up noob lots of times )
Abi79 is offline                         Send a private message to Abi79
Old 21-01-2006, 04:17 PM   #22
Grinder
Funkpilz Inc.

I've always been treated nicely on this (my first) forum, except for the time Titan nuked me . Try playing Warcraft 3 in Battle.net If you want to see one of the finest examples of n00b bashing. I once played with a guy in a 2 on 2 match and he looked at my base and said: "What are you doing there you mother*beep*er? learn playing wc3 you b*tch!".
Grinder is offline                         Send a private message to Grinder
Old 21-01-2006, 04:56 PM   #23
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Ok, first off. Something completely off-topic, but is not worth making a thread for. Where's the thread where someone made that map of where everyone is? Not the Google Earth one. Nor the where do you live threads. The one with the map like the Google map (http://www.maps.google.com). I can't seem to find it with search forums.

Now, back on topic: I was a complete n00b. Before I registered. I posted some lame and dumb coments on the Games on abandonia forum.
Old 21-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #24
Gandalf

Quote:
Playbahnosh* Posted on Jan 20 2006, 11:42 PM
As for the mod question, yeah. There are not may forum admins here, but that has its special purpose. If you have many mods on a forum with powers beyond imagination, they will actually think the forum is theirs, and will act like that. They will bash n00bs, ban people and do all kinds of funny stuff knowing they are immortal. Belive me, I was there when it happened on another board.
Yeah, maybe I just need to get used to a big forum like this. The last forum I actively participated in had 35 members and restricted access (based on invitation). It was used as a clanbase for an online browsergame. After a few month I became moderator and later even admin.
Watching the actions of 33 mostly well known members and cleaning up their mess was quite a job, but of course no way near the daily work of an Abandonia admin/mod. It's perfectly understandable, that a moderator can't be present all day long. And 6000+ members is just an incredible number (even if only 25% of them are active posters).

@Bobbin: searched for the term "map live" and found:
Abandonia Frappr Map, Pin your location

Gandalf is offline                         Send a private message to Gandalf
Old 21-01-2006, 07:09 PM   #25
Dark Piedone
Game freak

Send a message via MSN to Dark Piedone

I am a noob even when I will have 1000 posts, I'm not such forum talkative.
Dark Piedone is offline                         Send a private message to Dark Piedone
Old 21-01-2006, 08:01 PM   #26
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

I didn't have any problem here when I was a n00b and I've never seen great bashing problems... Probably the most common thing occurred is having n00b bashing another n00b...

I like how moderators do their work: I couldn't like a forum where mods act like a big brother always looking at what I'm doing...
Old 21-01-2006, 08:18 PM   #27
Sean
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

The word 'Noob' is no longer used as it was originally.

'Noob' is now a sub-culture of idiotic society. I think that theese days most people class disrespectful, rule breaking, idiots that obiviously haven't looked at the rules as 'noobs'. The majority of our recent members are respectful,curteous and have a decent understanding of the forum structure. I wouldn't class them as 'Noobs' I wouldn't class them as anything more than a new face that's yet to develop into a veteran. It's usually quite obivious from day one what type of community position a member will have.

I was once guilty of being a 'noob' but that was down to my overly eager mindset.

Sean is offline                         Send a private message to Sean
Old 21-01-2006, 11:11 PM   #28
ReamusLQ
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Master MC@Jan 20 2006, 10:04 AM
Of course, that's true. But it's interesting to see how everyone started the same way 'waw Abandonia is great! Thanks for the games <optional:> I have some to share with you! etc.' and how they grow out to become respected members. I think I didn't make my point of this topic entirely clear.
I didn't, I started by complaining that some essential files were missing from the game I downloaded :bleh:
ReamusLQ is offline                         Send a private message to ReamusLQ
Old 21-01-2006, 11:17 PM   #29
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

Aw, sweet memories. Remember Indignus IV? Some of you do I guess Now that character was one hell of a job to kepp under contol. I miss him He was such a...a noob

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 22-01-2006, 02:35 AM   #30
Bobbin Threadbare
Not quite dead.

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally posted by Gandalf@Jan 22 2006, 05:45 AM
Quote:
Playbahnosh* Posted on Jan 20 2006, 11:42 PM
As for the mod question, yeah. There are not may forum admins here, but that has its special purpose. If you have many mods on a forum with powers beyond imagination, they will actually think the forum is theirs, and will act like that. They will bash n00bs, ban people and do all kinds of funny stuff knowing they are immortal. Belive me, I was there when it happened on another board.
Yeah, maybe I just need to get used to a big forum like this. The last forum I actively participated in had 35 members and restricted access (based on invitation). It was used as a clanbase for an online browsergame. After a few month I became moderator and later even admin.
Watching the actions of 33 mostly well known members and cleaning up their mess was quite a job, but of course no way near the daily work of an Abandonia admin/mod. It's perfectly understandable, that a moderator can't be present all day long. And 6000+ members is just an incredible number (even if only 25% of them are active posters).

@Bobbin: searched for the term "map live" and found:
Abandonia Frappr Map, Pin your location
See. Even a newer member can find it. Iguess I'm the n00b in this situation.