Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-01-2021, 04:57 AM   #1
blazedindigo

Exclamation Frogger: He's Back! for PC Issues

Hey users of Abandonia, the site Vogons locked my topic because they don't support abandonware apparently haha so here are my two problems:

1.To download Frogger there are two different RAR files, one is a Frogger Rip already installed and all you have to do is open it and play. The other one is Frogger in an ISO file, well my problem is anytime I try to install it through the ISO: I try to mount it and run the installation but it gives me an error saying "Application Not Found" so I try to open the ISO file to find the setup.exe Boom, found it, I tried to run it and all it did was make the folder window blink once and nothing else happened, I'm not sure what the deal is with that and the motivation behind trying to install it through the ISO is my second problem VVV

2.The fixes that make Frogger play music again have never worked for me and I tried any method I could think of and I assume the fixes don't work because I was trying to use them on the Frogger Rip instead of the complete installation from the ISO, basically I want to play Frogger with the nostalgic music I remember when I was little, if I could get some help it would be much appreciated
blazedindigo is offline                         Send a private message to blazedindigo
Old 16-01-2021, 11:23 PM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

First at all: use ISO properly. It means, not "open" it, but "mount" it. Daemon Tools Lite is way to go: it will create virtual CD where you'll "insert" your ISO, then install from it.

Tell here if you'll have any problem with it then.
Old 16-01-2021, 11:38 PM   #3
blazedindigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
First at all: use ISO properly. It means, not "open" it, but "mount" it. Daemon Tools Lite is way to go: it will create virtual CD where you'll "insert" your ISO, then install from it.

Tell here if you'll have any problem with it then.
Alright I'll try that now, I've been using PowerISO but several sources including you have told me that I'm better off using Daemon Tools Lite so I'll give that a try now
blazedindigo is offline                         Send a private message to blazedindigo
Old 17-01-2021, 02:23 PM   #4
blazedindigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazedindigo View Post
Alright I'll try that now, I've been using PowerISO but several sources including you have told me that I'm better off using Daemon Tools Lite so I'll give that a try now
Downloaded and Installed Daemon Tools Lite, I mounted the ISO and it asked if I wanted to run setup.exe I clicked yes and it did the same thing like with PowerISO, it just made the screen blink.. any ideas?
Old 19-01-2021, 09:59 AM   #5
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, then next suspect is setup.exe. I'll check it when I'll have the time and tell you what's the problem. Hopefully.
Old 19-01-2021, 03:03 PM   #6
blazedindigo

Quote:
Well, then next suspect is setup.exe. I'll check it when I'll have the time and tell you what's the problem. Hopefully.
Cool, many thanks I appreciate it a lot! Heres my computer specs if needed

Click image for larger version

Name:	CPU Specs.png
Views:	703
Size:	18.3 KB
ID:	2544
Old 27-01-2021, 04:16 PM   #7
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

And now I have no idea.

I taken the image from the archive.org. Mounted CUE. Installed it (SETUP.EXE totally worked for me), then played! Surprisingly enough, while game threatens with 3D-accelerated graphics and DirectX5, it totally worked on my Win10 x64.

Except one quirk: I believe, Windows not supporting CD-audio from mixed-mode CDs natively (or it's simply missing in current DirectX API), so while there are many songs on disk, I heard none. :| Well, if you want a _music_, you can get the sound with specialized music player, I suppose. I played it for test.

Do you have problems with this CD too?
Old 28-01-2021, 05:34 AM   #8
blazedindigo

Quote:
And now I have no idea.

I taken the image from the archive.org. Mounted CUE. Installed it (SETUP.EXE totally worked for me), then played! Surprisingly enough, while game threatens with 3D-accelerated graphics and DirectX5, it totally worked on my Win10 x64.

Except one quirk: I believe, Windows not supporting CD-audio from mixed-mode CDs natively (or it's simply missing in current DirectX API), so while there are many songs on disk, I heard none. :| Well, if you want a _music_, you can get the sound with specialized music player, I suppose. I played it for test.

Do you have problems with this CD too?
It has a .BIN and .CUE file right? I always used .BIN with games because it seemed like that one always has everything to set it up but if you say it works perfectly setting up with .CUE file I'll try it out on my day off, Many thanks for your help and I'll let you know if I come across any more problems
Old 28-01-2021, 07:37 PM   #9
zirkoni
Game Wizzzzzzard

The cue-file holds the track information, all the data is in the bin-file. If you use only the bin-file, you get only the first track (the data track).
Old 28-01-2021, 07:56 PM   #10
blazedindigo

Quote:
Originally Posted by zirkoni View Post
The cue-file holds the track information, all the data is in the bin-file. If you use only the bin-file, you get only the first track (the data track).
Ah okay, thanks for the information! And I got some bad news.. Tried to install it with the .cue file and it did the same thing, just made my screen blink and nothing else, should I attempt to install it on my virtual machine?