Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 16-03-2006, 09:18 PM   #111
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmy7512@Mar 16 2006, 01:44 PM
Would it be a good idea for me to hire the merc with the best gear and then take their gear and then fire them ? Also how do I combine the compound 17 to a helmet or a kevlar vest ?
1. Firing Merc's with bad stats and good gear is possible, so is hiring them..stripping them of good gear and sending them to get killed. Though I think both have bad effects on the score and the loyalty of other mercs. Have to check it out to be sure

2. Put the item in your hand and then add the compound 17 in the additional window to combine when it says combine say yes.
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 17-03-2006, 03:52 PM   #112
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Doc Adrian+Mar 16 2006, 10:18 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Doc Adrian @ Mar 16 2006, 10:18 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-jimmy7512@Mar 16 2006, 01:44 PM
Would it be a good idea for me to hire the merc with the best gear and then take their gear and then fire them ? Also how do I combine the compound 17 to a helmet or a kevlar vest ?
1. Firing Merc's with bad stats and good gear is possible, so is hiring them..stripping them of good gear and sending them to get killed. Though I think both have bad effects on the score and the loyalty of other mercs. Have to check it out to be sure

2. Put the item in your hand and then add the compound 17 in the additional window to combine when it says combine say yes. [/b][/quote]
k: Thanks I did it, so now does anyone know what kind of ammo the grenade launcher uses ?
jimmy7512 is offline                         Send a private message to jimmy7512
Old 17-03-2006, 04:06 PM   #113
Master MC
Hero Gamer

I have to pay €2,50 for this game in local shops.
Master MC is offline                         Send a private message to Master MC
Old 18-03-2006, 03:32 AM   #114
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmy7512@Mar 17 2006, 04:52 PM
k: Thanks I did it, so now does anyone know what kind of ammo the grenade launcher uses ?
Grenades and Gas canisters...load them in the barrel..like the compound 17 use...put them in the gun..and fire away.

Doesn't work with Molotovs
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 19-03-2006, 09:20 PM   #115
jimmy7512
Forum hobbit

Does anyone know what the best handgun, the best rifle and grenade is with modification ?
jimmy7512 is offline                         Send a private message to jimmy7512
Old 24-03-2006, 08:05 AM   #116
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by jimmy7512@Mar 19 2006, 10:20 PM
Does anyone know what the best handgun, the best rifle and grenade is with modification ?
The 9 mm is good for accuracy and ammo capacity, the magnum classes are all good for knock down power.

for armor punching the M-14 and M-16 are the answer for your prayers..

Grenade types..standard Frag grenade is great for damage, tear gas, Mustard gas, and Stunners are good but don't nessecarily eliminate your rivals as well. Molotovs could be more effective...
Old 21-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #117
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Any tip for a new player? that get all their mercs with 20 health? and feels that the days are too long? And still using the first guns and running out of ammo soon? And still without make rapairs to jammed waepons?
Old 21-04-2006, 11:34 PM   #118
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally posted by laiocfar@Apr 21 2006, 09:15 AM
Any tip for a new player? that get all their mercs with 20 health? and feels that the days are too long? And still using the first guns and running out of ammo soon? And still without make rapairs to jammed waepons?
I think I can't understand what you say about health. In order to heal your mercs, leave them one day behind as "patient" along with another merc trained in medicine a "doctor", much the same as for reparing items. (If you still don't know what I'm talking about, read the manual.)

Days are too long? You know that you can take more than a sector in one day, do you?

Each merc should be carrying additional ammo in his vests. If you take all the items you find you should have ammunition to spare, especially for the S&W.

As for the jammed guns, try to keep your weapons in top working order so that they don't jam, but anyway hire Vinny. He's not good enough a mechanic to even pick locks (at the beginning) but he's an able soldier and will un-jam most guns by just re-firing them himself, without the need to leave the gun one day in the dry dock.

Always move your mercs within cover. The influence of cover is much more realistic in this game than in UFO. The objects near a merc don't hider his shooting, but the ones far away will block his shots if they're in the way. It's realistic: if you're just behind a tree you can still peep out and shoot without any likelihood of hitting the tree, but if you're being shot the tree will cover you. The same goes for enemies, so if there's an enemy behind a tree don't go for him, flank him or wait unitl he goes out.
Old 24-04-2006, 07:15 AM   #119
laiocfar
NOD Commander

Uff, i am getting on pace.
I downloaded the guide but its too boring and left it. So i never mind that i can make mercs be on rest or as patients. Cover is well desined but still i got people shoting the tree just in front of them and with 66 markmanship. I will try that thing of get a mechanic fire an jammed gun, by now i got Vinny to repair full time. I cant read the menssages that i take from the corposes, i just dont get what it say. Another thing to say, how guards of the other party can kill them mercs so easy and why i cant buy some real weapons?
PD: how i should use the beer? and the canteen??? canteen i dont remeber if it is the right word but the recipent to carry water?
Old 24-04-2006, 03:01 PM   #120
Toxik
Game Wizzard

Is there any way of buying equipment? Or am I stuck with looting?
Toxik is offline                         Send a private message to Toxik