Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Community News & Feedback > Old Suggestions
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

View Poll Results: Would adding a community reviews subforum be a good idea?
Yes 29 70.73%
No 12 29.27%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #21
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by ReamusLQ@May 15 2006, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure. I think when a lot of people see a good movie or something like that, they post about it in the 3x Blah forum. This would just seem like another branch off of that to encourage a big spam fest.
But to concentrata all that kind of spam in a section could be not so negative for those who doesn't want to see it in the 3xblah...
Old 15-05-2006, 03:37 PM   #22
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

First of all, if that section gets created, I will ask Kosta to make me the person responsible for keeping it in order.
And that, my friends, gives spam all the survival expectancy of a snowman in hell.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 15-05-2006, 03:50 PM   #23
guesst
Abandonia Homie

Said No. Not that I'm particularly opposed to it, but I don't like feeling like there's MORE for me to participate in Abandonia than there already is. Heck, I don't even have time to play games and I still want to write reviews on them. If I had a place to review every movie or book I read... sheesh.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 15-05-2006, 03:53 PM   #24
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Hey, not like participation in it would be obligatory. But IMO it's always better to hear the opinions of people you know rather then of complete strangers.
Personally, I quite enjoy writing reviews myself .

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-05-2006, 07:40 AM   #25
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Good idea man. I vote yes.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 17-05-2006, 06:37 AM   #26
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

So whats the final verdict? Are we going ahead with the subforum?
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 17-05-2006, 10:10 AM   #27
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

With two-third majority of votes being in favor of the suggestion, I will contact Kosta on the subject.

+EDIT+
I'd like to show you an example of such a section already in existence on another forum:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/rev...embers-members/

And some examples of reviews both proper and not so proper:

An exemplary review. The reviewer's opinion is informative, well-written (both in terms of style and grammar/spelling) and not centered on his own bias for or against the subject. The short summary of the review on the bottom is also a very good idea, if some of the readers find the review too long to read it completely.

A good review. Decently written, interesting and informative. A dash of humour is also a good thing here, but the title contains no information about what is actually reviewed (which is bad)

An acceptable review (altough lacking information for those who have not seen the movie before)

A so-so review. Somewhat informative of the basic plot, but poorly written and not giving the reasons for the reviewer's opinion.

A bad review (especially since it contains a lot of trolling)

An unacceptable review. Poor spelling, lack of substance, no real explanation of the reasons for the reviewers opinion. Posts like that will be treated as spam.

-- Reed Richards
Old 17-05-2006, 11:34 AM   #28
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

Not to mention his poor mathematics skills...

Back on topic, I'm sure that such "rewievs section" could be good and sometimes even useful
Old 17-05-2006, 01:08 PM   #29
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I've already PMed Kosta describing how the concept would work.

Expecting an answer from him within next few days.

-- Reed Richards
Old 24-05-2006, 01:17 PM   #30
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Two thumbs up - Kosta liked the idea, and it's only a matter of a couple quick formalities to get it running.

-- Reed Richards