Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-02-2006, 10:26 PM   #31
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well that's one of the things developers are trying to fix.
It's a very good point Shunk.
In a few new games (and old ones) developers are trying to randomize the amount of monsters (or their placement) each time you load.
It'll definitely balance the games a bit more.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 28-02-2006, 08:26 AM   #32
gregor
Home Sweet Abandonia

btw, walkthroughs (especially in RPG or adventure games) is not much different as cheating. same goes if you ask other people for information. but what happens if you really get stuck and you dont' know either the problem is some bug, amybe you missed somehting or something went wrong, but you don't know where...

happened to me the first time i played UltimaUnderworld. i was so close to the end i never even realised it. was at the last level, but got stuck and didnt' know what went wrong. i thought there is more levels to come and since i already passed alot of them i would probably have to reply basically the whole thing again. so i stopped playing. but next time i used a walkthrough, then i saw where my error was. once i found the thing i missed it was all easy. but like i said at first i had the whole experience ruined.

Same happened in Arx fatalis, but there the onyl thing i had to read was" yoou can kill all persons and still finish the game". good enough for me. somehow i overlooked a key, was searching everywhere for it. but then i used a walkthrough to trace my steps and finnaly i found it. was in hidinf near of my chests - got lost when i threw it off me. really stupid.
Lifts-Her-Tail: But it is huge! It could take me all night!
Crantius Colto: Plenty of time, my sweet. Plenty of time.
From The Lusty Argonian Maid by Crassius Curio found in TES3: Morrowind
gregor is offline                         Send a private message to gregor
Old 01-03-2006, 05:32 AM   #33
#BlakhOle#
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Gelfo+Feb 27 2006, 12:10 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Gelfo @ Feb 27 2006, 12:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-#BlakhOle#@Feb 27 2006, 04:49 AM
But if i see one more person whos memorized the weapon, health, and no police cheats on San Andreas on playstation, xbox and computer again, i reckon i might lose it. Watching my friends little brother walking around with a rocket launching and letting loose on the main street with police walking past (on San Andreas of course* ) over and over again is really boring, and really pretty sickening.
worrrrd.

Most of my mates had the cheats memorised for all of the 3d GTA games, and then they bragged when they completed them a few months before me! Of course you did dude... you cheated.. The missions where you have to escape from a police chase.... what's the point if you use the 'no police' cheat? Then it just becomes a drive. Stupid. For me that was the worst example of cheating. Those people aint gamers

I'm 100% cheat free and if I do decide to cheat.. it'll be after I've finished the game. Some cheats are ok, like big head modes, the ones that don't affect the gameplay.

But yeah, people who cheat in multiplayer games are losers [/b][/quote]
hear hear
#BlakhOle# is offline                         Send a private message to #BlakhOle#
Old 01-03-2006, 05:14 PM   #34
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

I am glad there are some who agree with me
BUT I knew I was banging my head against a brick wall far as the majority is concerned but then blame my age. After reading through some of posts I realize that my topic was an exercise in futility
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad