Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 30-11-2005, 03:12 PM   #41
Banana

Does anyone know the name of the game which I think was also in a microsoft entertainment pack, an asteroids clone? It supported up to 4 players playing on the keyboard...
and who knows how many levels there are in chips challenge?

Old 15-01-2006, 01:08 PM   #42

this was the first game I played, it has over 400 levels and I won them all

Old 26-04-2006, 07:14 AM   #43
surgeon chik
Wink

:whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: k: the password for level 9 is KCRE

Old 26-04-2006, 07:06 PM   #44
win98
In the loop on hardware.

Thankyou for sharing.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 11-05-2006, 11:35 PM   #45
dougbert
Lurker

Hi,

My name is Doug T. and my former roommate, Tony K., and I worked at Microsoft in the early 90s.

Tony wrote Chips in a summer. He was pretty clever about how he did it. My job was testing it for him (except I missed a nasty bug at the end of the next to the last level! Sorry 'bout that, to all of you 1.0 users who hit the bug!)

Microsoft shipped it as part of the Entertainment Pack for Windows. It was incredibly fun to work on.

If you're interested and it's not too boring, let me know and I'll write up the story and post it. I'll also get Tony's comments. We're both closing in on 40, we're still great friends, and we're often very surprised about the places where references to Chips pops up.

Tony also wrote some amazing screenblankers for the Entertainment Pack's screen blankers. The screenblanker engine was ingenious and written by Brad C.

I wrote an icon bouncer for it. It may surprise you to know that the Windows 3.0 team stole the screenblanker from us, and made it into the Windows screenblanker. For a while, our .IW files could be renamed to be .SCR and they'd still work. (I doubt this works on post-Win95 operating systems.)

Also, Windows stole WinMine, written by our friend Rob D., and it is still a blast to play. He hates it now!

But we're very proud of the work we did on Chips. Thanks for keeping it alive, it really is still an incredibly fun game. My kids came home from second and fourth grade one day talking about it and were shocked to find out that "Uncle Tony" and I were the ones who worked on it! Ha!

- Doug
dougbert is offline                         Send a private message to dougbert
Old 16-06-2006, 10:40 PM   #46

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Feb 6 2005, 01:38 PM) [snapback]62461[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I think it's called Rodent's Revenge. Unfortunately, I don't know where to obtain it, apologies...
[/b]

i have it if you want it email me

E-MAIL ADRESS HAS BEEN REMOVED

Old 26-06-2006, 11:01 PM   #47

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(supraclk06 @ Feb 6 2005, 04:56 AM) [snapback]62344[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
do any of you guys remember the game where you had to trap the cats in between blocks. i really wanna play that and i have looked online for it for about an hour now. i just cant recall the game. and if anyone could direct me to a link of the entertainment pack i would greatly appreciate it.
[/b]
i remember the name of the game was rodent's revenge

Old 08-10-2006, 06:05 PM   #48

Where do youfind this game online? can someone please tell me i love this game and desperatly want to play it

Old 08-10-2006, 07:46 PM   #49
Frodo
One ring to rule them all...

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Guest @ Oct 8 2006, 07:05 PM) [snapback]260121[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Where do youfind this game online? can someone please tell me i love this game and desperatly want to play it
[/b]
You can download it from here - http://www.abandonia.com/games/410/Chip&#3...;sChallenge.htm

k:

Frodo is offline                         Send a private message to Frodo
Old 28-08-2007, 09:04 PM   #50
Unknown Hero
Home Sweet Abandonia

Chip's challenge image doesn't show up. Pls fix it!

http://www.abandonia.com/genre.php?s...chip+challenge
Unknown Hero is offline                         Send a private message to Unknown Hero