Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2011, 10:42 AM   #211
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
So the accumulation of these all mistakes make my game let say chaotic and unpredictable.

Q: Without electronic lock-picks how I will break the power fields when I killed the clan of underground Hubologists?
Same reason for locations of Shi boss.
Moreover the computer refused to fuel the tanker because of incorrect password.
and last fatal error: The game simply ends.
I see some picture like atom bomb explosion and then the word END and game over and back me to initial position..
For a firsttimer I had gone with any "mistakes", but I know: this is your game, i don't tell you how you "should" play. I just say, you go back so much, it looks like a whole new start. (The best thing in Fallouts is, that whatever you do, you can always finish the game, and there is no "best" or "worse" endings.)

Electronic lockpicks HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH FORCE FIELDS. Force-fields can be opened by the REPAIR skill (if they are yellow). If at all an item can help you there, that is a "Tool", not any kind of lockpick.
The Westin / Carlson forcefields can be opened via conversations (ask the guards when you have recommendations).

There are 7(!) ways to chanell fuel to the tanker! It is (almost) impossible to fail that quest!

For your last problem: I've no idea. Never met with that one. (I checked the time-limit, and it is 13 years. The exact date you have to finish Enclave is 25 Jul 2254.)
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 19-02-2011, 03:26 PM   #212
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Anyway I decided to play again because I was unable to do missions in New Reno.
I know my fail in New Reno:
I failed to take safe content, guard heard the alarm and the battle was started.
The result was elimination of the Clan of Bishop.
I failed to sleep with 2 ladies Bishop.
I killed the owner of gun store..
I was unable to met Westin in NCR.
I failed to join Marcus....and many more.
So the accumulation of these all mistakes make my game let say chaotic and unpredictable.
And I play day and night and very soon will be in Frisco.
Believe me.
Let me tell you what happened to my character in New Reno.
After getting sent to the stables by the bishops my character opened a chest there which made the people in the stables hostile, forcing him to start a slaughter. Back in NR the Bishops were hostile so they had to be killed too.
I killed the mechanic who stole the car, no one gets away with stealing my car and telling me in my face that I have to rebuy it, no matter how many quest XP and a car updates I missed, this is a roleplaying game (I don't feel too bad if I can't do slaughter quests for evil mafia clans either).
In the movie studio my character looted a shelf which made the korsian brothers hostile, so he had to kill them and some others too.
I overlooked that there was a passage east, so I never found the Wright family and couldn't do their quests (including the SAD).
There were many other things which went wrong in my game, Vic din't even survive his first few minutes, In Redding I faced heavy losses at failed attempts to defeat the Wannamingos, When fighting the evil guys for the sheriff Sulik blocked a door in Redding so my character couldn't shoot past him but everyone could shoot at Sulik who obviously died (should have run away), Cassidy died when meeting an Enclave patrol, similar things happened to the others, no NPC in my party survived until the end.
Other things late in the game which I don't want to spoil went wrong too.

It didn't matter, the game was finishable without much trouble anyway.

Fallout2 is a role playing game, it's not about squeezing out every possible quest XP by killing innocent people for mafia clans. If you want to level up you can simply search for random encounters, you're already far higher level than you're supposed to be at the end.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 21-02-2011, 09:11 AM   #213
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Let me tell you what happened to my character in New Reno.
After getting sent to the stables by the bishops my character opened a chest there which made the people in the stables hostile, forcing him to start a slaughter. Back in NR the Bishops were hostile so they had to be killed too.
I killed the mechanic who stole the car, no one gets away with stealing my car and telling me in my face that I have to rebuy it, no matter how many quest XP and a car updates I missed, this is a roleplaying game (I don't feel too bad if I can't do slaughter quests for evil mafia clans either).
In the movie studio my character looted a shelf which made the korsian brothers hostile, so he had to kill them and some others too.
I overlooked that there was a passage east, so I never found the Wright family and couldn't do their quests (including the SAD).
There were many other things which went wrong in my game, Vic din't even survive his first few minutes, In Redding I faced heavy losses at failed attempts to defeat the Wannamingos, When fighting the evil guys for the sheriff Sulik blocked a door in Redding so my character couldn't shoot past him but everyone could shoot at Sulik who obviously died (should have run away), Cassidy died when meeting an Enclave patrol, similar things happened to the others, no NPC in my party survived until the end.
Other things late in the game which I don't want to spoil went wrong too.

It didn't matter, the game was finishable without much trouble anyway.

Fallout2 is a role playing game, it's not about squeezing out every possible quest XP by killing innocent people for mafia clans. If you want to level up you can simply search for random encounters, you're already far higher level than you're supposed to be at the end.
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 22-02-2011, 06:58 PM   #214
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just entered Frisco.
Old 22-02-2011, 10:44 PM   #215
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

How many reloads until Frisco ?
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 23-02-2011, 07:01 AM   #216
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Beware, Master!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
How many reloads until Frisco ?
Only one before to enter New Reno.

I was very careful in New Reno.
I did almost all missions working for family Mordino, Wrights and failed with Salvatore. Bishop is still alive.
My fatal problem was with safe trap in Bishop 3-th room in past (my first) gaming.

Anyway I see that the game shows different behaviour. Great!!
For example suddenly the authority of Vault city accused me (I dunno why) in some law breaking and took my Day pass. ???
These 2 men in the right office informed me and then disappeared.
For test only I attacked and killed 3 guards - woman and man before the gate and 3-th guard from left. Then without any problem entered Vault city. Es gibt keine problemen. Just some " Guards! Guards!" But no one attacked me..
Then I stopped the test. Ha ha ha

Q: Because I dont know how strong is my last opponent - the Master (It is really huge enemy) I non stop collect and keep Stimpacks. I do have 70 ordinary ones and 7 special. Plus 4 x 12 = 48 in my commandos.
Total =118 + 7 StP.
Do you think these number is enough for last battle?
I have 2 Turbo plasma rifles (in every slot) and carry Rocket launchers with 5 ordinary and 5 explosive rockets.
Maybe these will be my last battle weapons.

Q2: The last battle will be Master against the brave or my commandos will be with me.

Off - When I met Lord Xeen I was not alone but all my 5 commandos supported me.)

danke

yoga the brave

Last edited by yoga; 23-02-2011 at 07:03 AM. Reason: 2 words that that. .. thats why :)
Old 23-02-2011, 08:16 AM   #217
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
For example suddenly the authority of Vault city accused me (I dunno why) in some law breaking and took my Day pass. ???

Q: Because I dont know how strong is my last opponent - the Master (It is really huge enemy) I non stop collect and keep Stimpacks. I do have 70 ordinary ones and 7 special. Plus 4 x 12 = 48 in my commandos.
Total =118 + 7 StP.
Do you think these number is enough for last battle?
I have 2 Turbo plasma rifles (in every slot) and carry Rocket launchers with 5 ordinary and 5 explosive rockets.
Maybe these will be my last battle weapons.

Q2: The last battle will be Master against the brave or my commandos will be with me.
Lawbreaking in Vault City (while using DayPass):
If you bring in any alcohol or drug (on yourself; partymembers do not count), you'll be banned.
If you bring in a mutant (Marcus or Lenny), you'll be banned.
If you piss of anybody (especially Lynette), you'll be banned.
If you touch lockers you're not allowed, you'll be banned.
If you're inside during night (and not leave immediatelly), you'll be banned.
If you're caught using False Citizenship Papers, you'll be banned.

The final battle is against Horrigan. The Master is in F1, where there are TWO final battle.

Otherwiss
- on the stimpack-situation: Most probably you have the necessary healing chems.
- your weapons can be those you mentioned.
- your comrades will be with you if you want. You even might find some extra support above them!
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 23-02-2011, 08:26 AM   #218
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Lynette

I had some misunderstood with this witch Lynette.
This is the reason for my ban.

She is very rude and impolite.

Who was this giant who killed innocent farmers and kids in the desert?
-Master or Horrigan?
Old 23-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #219
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

Quote:

I had some misunderstood with this witch Lynette.
This is the reason for my ban.

She is very rude and impolite.

Who was this giant who killed innocent farmers and kids in the desert?
-Master or Horrigan?
yes, Frank Horrigan, that's him.
Old 23-02-2011, 08:53 AM   #220
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

There's some info on Horrigan

SPOILER