Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-02-2011, 12:04 PM   #201
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Just a note: when in Military Base you'll fight Melchior Sr., there can appear crashes and freezes if you allow him to summon too many creatures at once. So either kill them fast, or kill Melchior Sr. as soon as possible to prevent monsters appearing.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 15-02-2011, 05:40 PM   #202
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking OK

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Just a note: when in Military Base you'll fight Melchior Sr., there can appear crashes and freezes if you allow him to summon too many creatures at once. So either kill them fast, or kill Melchior Sr. as soon as possible to prevent monsters appearing.

Done.

Wow, mama mia!
With this power armor I am like one of Enclave patrolman, only the color is light silver.

As you understand I entered the Military base.
Ha ha
Lore! One joker from me.
You need 3 actions only with the CART, having pole and explosive already.
(If still no result do not hesitate to send me PM).

There was a real slug fest. Only the inconvenience was the battle in narrow corridors: but yoga the clever transferred this problem in advantage.
How?
Well, the group of 10 mutants encircled me.
Ok. But 2 stupid mutants used their Plasma on their comrades, which keeping yoga safe..!!!

The famous Melchner was killed with 1 rocket and next Plasma. Sadly some 4 Claws appeared from green lake. Piece of cake..
The result: I have now about 7-8 rockets of both types and I am able to carry 4 weapons alone and change them in accordance with possible opponents:
1. RL (for emergency only).
2. Flamer with 10 fuels. (close battle with many opps)
3. Plasma rifle with 300 bullets. (remote shooting)
4. H&K C11 with 350 bullets. (for weak opps like bugs, mantis)

I presented my old armor to Vic.

I reached level 32 and acquired Gain Luck strictly followed the instruction of Konig Kmonster.

My only problem is disappearing of valuable Stimpacks.

Note: YOU, the new gamers of FO2, please note that if PIP refused to help you in calm environment without any thread goto hotel in Klamath and sleep for night. Cost is 25 $.
Then reuse Pip and all will be OK.

The brave

PS: What are the hardware requirements for FO3 and New Mexico or like games from the saga?
Afraid my machines are weak for these ones!!
Sob, sob

PS2: Why Paco the Great leaves me?
I am not hateful hooligan. But yoga the hero..
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 16-02-2011, 10:09 AM   #203
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz

FO3
Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP/Vista
* 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
* 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
Old 16-02-2011, 11:20 AM   #204
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hmmm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardencz View Post
FO3
Minimum System Requirements:

* Windows XP/Vista
* 1GB System RAM (XP)/ 2GB System RAM (Vista)
* 2.4 Ghz Intel Pentium 4 or equivalent processor
* Direct X 9.0c compliant video card with 256MB RAM (NVIDIA 6800 or better/ATI X850 or better)
First 2 are OK.
But 3 and 4 no...

Have to upgrade.
Old 18-02-2011, 06:50 PM   #205
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking NEWS

Hi, all.
So, because of my negligence and/or stupidity fatal errors in gaming occurred and yoga reloaded the game around Modoc.

Error?
My slug fest in Mew Reno resulted in fact that in Frisco I was unable to find this Electronic device to break power fields. And many other strange things..
Result: Kaput.

So, more Q:

- Has FO2 time limit and appr. what yr level is nearer to the end?
- How one may use the repair capacity of Vic and healing capacity of Cas?

TY

yoga the stupid
Old 18-02-2011, 07:13 PM   #206
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
Error?
My slug fest in Mew Reno resulted in fact that in Frisco I was unable to find this Electronic device to break power fields. And many other strange things..
Result: Kaput.

So, more Q:

- Has FO2 time limit and appr. what yr level is nearer to the end?
- How one may use the repair capacity of Vic and healing capacity of Cas?

TY
1) What "device to break power fields"? There is no such thing. You use your repair skill to disable forcefields temporarily, or explosives (items) to change them to red (red forcefields damages whoever passes it, but at least you can pass through).
Maybe you're talking about "electronic lockpick"? That is to open locked doors (locked with electronic locks) the same way you use the regular lockpick (what is for mechanic locks). That is in the basement of the weapon-shop (I think in one of the fridge, but maybe on the desks or the floor). I also bet, electronic lockpicks can be bought in shops in case you misplaced this one.

2) F2 has a time-limit of 17 years. Even with a playthrough with every details requires only 3-4 years, so no worry.

3) To use a special skill of an NPC you have to have lower skill then the NPC, and not be too close to the object you try to use the skill on.
Also: in conversation-mode you can only use your own skill. The only exception to this is the selfhealing/-repairing skills of your partymembers.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 18-02-2011, 07:21 PM   #207
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
1) What "device to break power fields"? There is no such thing. You use your repair skill to disable forcefields temporarily, or explosives (items) to change them to red (red forcefields damages whoever passes it, but at least you can pass through).
Maybe you're talking about "electronic lockpick"? That is to open locked doors (locked with electronic locks) the same way you use the regular lockpick (what is for mechanic locks). That is in the basement of the weapon-shop (I think in one of the fridge, but maybe on the desks or the floor). I also bet, electronic lockpicks can be bought in shops in case you misplaced this one.

2) F2 has a time-limit of 17 years. Even with a playthrough with every details requires only 3-4 years, so no worry.

3) To use a special skill of an NPC you have to have lower skill then the NPC, and not be too close to the object you try to use the skill on.
Also: in conversation-mode you can only use your own skill. The only exception to this is the selfhealing/-repairing skills of your partymembers.
All shops in Frisco, even the General store in the ship were empty. Without electronic lock-pick game is over.

Last edited by yoga; 18-02-2011 at 07:23 PM. Reason: forget word
Old 18-02-2011, 08:59 PM   #208
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
All shops in Frisco, even the General store in the ship were empty. Without electronic lock-pick game is over.
You don't need any lockpick for the game (they simply add bonus to your lockpick skill). The only place you do need (because there is a bug), is if you want to reach the bottom level of the Toxic Cave (you need electronic lockpick, and not Mark II), and that hardly is not required to finish the game at all (there is 1 robot-enemy and some supply).

You can find electornic lockpick Mark II in Navarro, or buy in San Francisco.
You can find electronic lockpick in New Reno: go to the weapon store, go DOWN THE STAIRS and loot the place (there are fridges, shelves, desks, and on the floor are also items, I don't know where exactly is the lockpick, but there is somewhere). You can also BUY one in San Francisco (shop: FD8).
Old 18-02-2011, 10:34 PM   #209
kmonster
Abandonia Homie

Shop items change every few days, so if you leave and return after some time there should be new items. You don't need any item to finish the game (especially no electronic lockpicks) except the stuff you need to get the tanker running (like navcom parts from vault 13), and even without them there's a way to get there.
kmonster is offline                         Send a private message to kmonster
Old 19-02-2011, 06:38 AM   #210
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Default Sure, You correct

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmonster View Post
Shop items change every few days, so if you leave and return after some time there should be new items. You don't need any item to finish the game (especially no electronic lockpicks) except the stuff you need to get the tanker running (like navcom parts from vault 13), and even without them there's a way to get there.
Because You played FO2 many times.

Anyway I decided to play again because I was unable to do missions in New Reno.
I know my fail in New Reno:
I failed to take safe content, guard heard the alarm and the battle was started.
The result was elimination of the Clan of Bishop.
I failed to sleep with 2 ladies Bishop.
I killed the owner of gun store..
I was unable to met Westin in NCR.
I failed to join Marcus....and many more.
So the accumulation of these all mistakes make my game let say chaotic and unpredictable.
And I play day and night and very soon will be in Frisco.
Believe me.

Q: Without electronic lock-picks how I will break the power fields when I killed the clan of underground Hubologists?
Same reason for locations of Shi boss.
Moreover the computer refused to fuel the tanker because of incorrect password.
and last fatal error: The game simply ends.
I see some picture like atom bomb explosion and then the word END and game over and back me to initial position..