Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 03-09-2009, 03:54 PM   #211
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Combine it with helmets, vests or Spectra Shields to improve them.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-09-2009, 04:57 PM   #212
Capo
Unconventional member

Thanks a lot
Capo is offline                         Send a private message to Capo
Old 09-09-2009, 04:21 PM   #213
Capo
Unconventional member

I cant find the button to turn the characters, i mean if i want that the pg face north how can i do this ?
Old 09-09-2009, 11:30 PM   #214
Incappucciato d'Ombra
A Shadow in the shadows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capo View Post
I cant find the button to turn the characters, i mean if i want that the pg face north how can i do this ?
Uhmm... in the manual that i'd create for my personal use (collecting info from various kind of sources) i can only find this :

R.Mouse + L.Mouse: change mercs direction

but i'm unable to remember how the hell this work

Another possibility (since the fact that JA2 is very very similar compared to JA1): try the L key, if you are lucky enough the cursor will change and then you click with R.Mouse Button in the direction that you prefer
Incappucciato d'Ombra is offline                         Send a private message to Incappucciato d'Ombra
Old 10-09-2009, 03:17 AM   #215
Capo
Unconventional member

R.Mouse + L.Mouse works well, Grazie mille
Old 03-10-2009, 05:15 PM   #216
Capo
Unconventional member

I rate this game 4/5.
Is very funny to play, the tattical elements are very well implemented and there are tons of mercs that can be addded to your team, i also really liked the possibility to modify the weapons or creating new ones mixing various items, the only flaw is the repetivity of the actions, maybe 60 sector are too much.
Old 10-12-2009, 04:33 PM   #217
Unregistered12345
Default THANK YOU

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaberg View Post
Ahh, I love shooting things in this game.

Here is some tips for the game:
You can sneak by holding Shift down when walking, and you can walk backwards by holding Alt down when walking (I have never used this feature, allthough I guess it could be usefull :mellow: ). Enter a map over the region, by pressing the right mouse button when draging the mouse down. You can walk with all you mercs at once, by holding the left mouse button down, then press the right mouse button. You can make one of your mercs look in another direction, by holding the right mouse button down, then press the left one. And last, as Red Diablo said, enter time compression mode, by pressing C.

These small tips are very good to know when playing the game, it makes it a lot easyer to kill your enemy's :twisted: .

Have a nice time playing, I know I will. k:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THESE SHORTCUTS!!!! So, I found the micro purifier, had a 8-man team that survived, and have taken the four grid squares, named 49,50,59, and 60. How do I win the mission?????????

Old 10-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #218
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You need to complete the final showdown with the final boss. I won't say how, for spoiler sake.
Old 20-12-2009, 09:54 PM   #219
supergod

i know there are some editors for ja1, but does anybody have a working link any of these?
supergod is offline                         Send a private message to supergod
Old 05-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #220
Geordy
Forum hobbit

Guys, I somehow managed to overlook this game in the past, but now that I discovered this little gem I know what i missed. I recommend the CD version for the voices are great. ("Crusha crusha." hehe)

During this thread I was happy to find a guy mentioning sector 29. I hated this sector so much. The redshirts in that middle area where you had no less than four trees between them and the outside at all times won every shootout through the trees and therefor reduced my little team to dust. This fortress seemed impenetrable to me.

Then I started over and planned forward to that very day when I was about to enter that sector. I let my doc at home fix up my best mercs just before the s29 day. I saw to it that my best guns were at perfect condition (colt .45s i had nothing better) and even reduced the red shirt's numbers by mopping up the usual red shirt west of the river the day before. Just leaving the hardnuts in the fortress to my special forces.

And that day I started from an unusual postion - east of the river on that small island. Fidel and some other agile guy crossed the river north and south of the fortress while Ivan and the last member of the team exchanged some bullets with them across the river. That worked not to good until.. well until Fidel was in position to hurl a grenade at the two of them. BAM, good times! :thumbs:

I intentionally saved all my grenades to bomb these suckers out of their bunker but after the first I said "Heck they dont deserve another one. Lets finish the rest with Fidel through the trees, Ivan from across the river and especially Snake who managed to sneak into the area through a hole in the south."

What can I say this time all went well and smooth and I wondered why I was so frustrated the first time doing this sector. But thats what this game is about - if you dont have good ppl and/or equipment with you itll be tough.

Now its day4 and Im pondering my next sector. Should I head north taking the remaining three sectors hence completely conquering columns x9 and x0? Or maybe going inwards towards the next processing plant? Im already at 19 trees. I think it is mandatory to attack the factory sector from the south so there is still some way to go.

BTW I read that you absolutely need to be silent while killing red shirts at the factory. But til now I only found one silencer so far. Do you need to repair silencers not to spoil a 100% modified .357 magnum i.e. when combining them? How do you actually combine them? Do you need this glue stuff to get them together? Isnt it the same stuff needed to improve your spectra shields?

So all in all, great game with lots to consider.

P.S.: Another helpful button to press while in the Inventory screen every morning is E. It takes all items off your merc. Very useful.
Geordy is offline                         Send a private message to Geordy