Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-01-2013, 09:06 AM   #31
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
If you're looking for more "easy" to play adventures check out Dracula: The Resurrection. Most adventures are somewhere in the middle. Out of the ones I played, Black Mirror II features some of the most down-to-earth puzzles. Even though I love the Broken Sword or Monkey Island series, they have some obvious headscratching puzzles. Hmm...
Hey, thx!

Too bad none are abandoned, and both works by CD.
Old 12-01-2013, 02:55 PM   #32
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

One more post to Zax the alien (treasure) hunter due to lenght (and convenience):

There was a fight, the area titled "showdown of Azah-Pan", thus theoreticaly the last fight with that entity, more on this later, anyway it was in M19. For the actual fight the constant 5 power-armoured rocket-bot are just a little bit too much for any sane person, so just stay at the red portal and shoot in blindly hoping to cause the death of the chief-metaldemon to at least stop the reinforcement. That can work, and makes life oh-so-much easier.

M20 is a short area, preluding the final boss, Ohm. Ohm-mani-padme-humm I think. And just to mention the look of Zax is strangly similar to Fallout Tactics. I mean on the robots part. I wonder if there is a real connection.

Now as short M20 is, it is just as dangerous. The second area contains a litle "run from the lava" incident, but appart not killing everything along the way, thus probably suffering not few damage, it is durable. The start is more laughable. First you activate by a terminal 2 gates what releases 2 power-armored-rocket-bot (let's call them armor-bot) AND activates to pod what spawns even more... Fun.
So to at least avoid imminent death, use the Psychic Gun to dispose one of the bots behind one of the fences. I chose the north one. Then you'll have to run blowing up the control panels hidden behind the walls and such, but with quite a lot of saves and not a little luck even on Hard Mode it is at least possible to do.

Now there is an interesting bug. During ~cutscreens not necessarily everything stops (especially not granades). So you might end up completing a puzzle/quest but ending up 0 health, thus ending up as both living AND dead, what is naturally bad. And even if you die for real, it is painful to redo such a hard task!

M21:
- appart assembling another quest item, a new weapon is waiting to be found. In progress.

(to be continued, only 2 more "chapters" estimated)

Last edited by twillight; 12-01-2013 at 04:04 PM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 13-01-2013, 05:36 PM   #33
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking SoA

- Siege of Avalon (still waiting to be reinstalled, would be good to know if I have Chapter 6 to work, or still not able)

Please, dear twillight, give me in a mean time little bit more info about above mentioned game.
Thank You.

How are You?
Still fighting in FO2?

Old 13-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #34
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoga View Post
- Siege of Avalon (still waiting to be reinstalled, would be good to know if I have Chapter 6 to work, or still not able)

Please, dear twillight, give me in a mean time little bit more info about above mentioned game.
Thank You.

How are You?
Still fighting in FO2?

Siege of Avalon is a very Diablo 1-like game. Actually, I wrote the review of it for Abandonia.com: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/29...Chapter+1.html

Fallout 2 is reinstalled, but I have the "too fast worldmap travel" bug, and although I've found a theoretical solution (patch), but I did not try it out yet due to other things to do. So I still not left Arroyo. If I can circumgo the bug I'll write a journal version of my adventures to give it a better worth.

Oh, dang, if I'm already talking about journals and stuff, why not give list of my existing projects:
computergames: I have an ongoing tournament for Diablo 2 with a singlepass hardcore character. The Gorky17 "pass without any wound" playthrough. Siege of Avalon (but maybe I should get this from Gog.com or something to assure I don't have a bugged version as it is quite long if you think on it). Baldur's Gate 2 has probably an ongoing fighter-druid solo playthrough (dang, I don't even remember!) and the solo poverty playthrough (to see how far I can go). G.O.L.E.M.'s last race. Teraafire (minor project as it is kinda arcade-action game). Fallout Tactics deathclaw playthrough IF I can reinstall the game. Fallout 2's "ultimate pass". And the "I won't give up" game: Baldies.

books to read: The Flying Soucer Project quadrology. Justin Cronin's trilogy if he finish to write it. Power of the Cube. Tad William's Otherworld series (pentology?).

there are also a dozen tv-shows to watch too, but I feel the list is kinda fluctuating

Diablo 2
My singlepass character died. Not my failure, neither the character build (berserker), but 'cause AI-collapsing bug. I did happily killing a sole curropted ranger, when the AI got corrupted, and forgot there is my merc to be attacked instead of me, thus turned to me and oneshoted my character (multishot cursed whatever mobleader, the mob was taunted screens away).

Conclusion is, with a very well thought build and experienced playing and with a little luck (or persistance in shoprunning) it is theoretically possible to win D2 in a singlepass game, but due t the tons of bugs the very-very-very hard road becomes technically impossible.

I'll still keep the game for casual-gaming for its mindless killing-sprea, but otherwise I dispise it, and discourage you to play.

Last edited by twillight; 14-01-2013 at 10:18 AM.
twillight is offline                         Send a private message to twillight
Old 14-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #35
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking The best gamer in Universe-brave of course

Quote:
Originally Posted by twillight View Post
Siege of Avalon is a very Diablo 1-like game. Actually, I wrote the review of it for Abandonia.com: http://www.abandonia.com/en/games/29...Chapter+1.html

Fallout 2 is reinstalled, but I have the "too fast worldmap travel" bug, and although I've found a theoretical solution (patch), but I did not try it out yet due to other things to do. So I still not left Arroyo. If I can circumgo the bug I'll write a journal version of my adventures to give it a better worth.

Oh, dang, if I'm already talking about journals and stuff, why not give list of my existing projects:
computergames: I have an ongoing tournament for Diablo 2 with a singlepass hardcore character. The Gorky17 "pass without any wound" playthrough. Siege of Avalon (but maybe I should get this from Gog.com or something to assure I don't have a bugged version as it is quite long if you think on it). Baldur's Gate 2 has probably an ongoing fighter-druid solo playthrough (dang, I don't even remember!) and the solo poverty playthrough (to see how far I can go). G.O.L.E.M.'s last race. Teraafire (minor project as it is kinda arcade-action game). Fallout Tactics deathclaw playthrough IF I can reinstall the game. Fallout 2's "ultimate pass". And the "I won't give up" game: Baldies.

books to read: The Flying Soucer Project quadrology. Justin Cronin's trilogy if he finish to write it. Power of the Cube. Tad William's Otherworld series (pentology?).

there are also a dozen tv-shows to watch too, but I feel the list is kinda fluctuating

Diablo 2
My singlepass character died. Not my failure, neither the character build (berserker), but 'cause AI-collapsing bug. I did happily killing a sole curropted ranger, when the AI got corrupted, and forgot there is my merc to be attacked instead of me, thus turned to me and oneshoted my character (multishot cursed whatever mobleader, the mob was taunted screens away).

Conclusion is, with a very well thought build and experienced playing and with a little luck (or persistance in shoprunning) it is theoretically possible to win D2 in a singlepass game, but due t the tons of bugs the very-very-very hard road becomes technically impossible.

I'll still keep the game for casual-gaming for its mindless killing-sprea, but otherwise I dispise it, and discourage you to play.

What?
My good friend stopped by "tons of bugs"!
No more.
I promise You, dear twillight, that after finishing System shock 2 and Wizardry 7, immediately will start D2 and will send You good save file to continue from the problem and difficult place.
Friend in need is friend indeed.

the brave

64 games over
Old 14-01-2013, 01:12 PM   #36
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

What?
My good friend stopped by "tons of bugs"!
No more.
I promise You, dear twillight, that after finishing System shock 2 and Wizardry 7, immediately will start D2 and will send You good save file to continue from the problem and difficult place.
Friend in need is friend indeed.

the brave

64 games over
Please, don't do it dear yoga. I played D2 plenty of times, not to mention I have backup savefiles even for this particular character. I'm simply not interrested continuing this playthrough, or any other (I had/have a double swing barb and an inferno sorc on "try it out" bases, and a ranged enchant sorc for casual gaming experience what once I though will bring all the way to lvl99).
Old 14-01-2013, 01:46 PM   #37
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Please, don't do it dear yoga. I played D2 plenty of times, not to mention I have backup savefiles even for this particular character. I'm simply not interrested continuing this playthrough, or any other (I had/have a double swing barb and an inferno sorc on "try it out" bases, and a ranged enchant sorc for casual gaming experience what once I though will bring all the way to lvl99).

Level 99?
Mama mia..!

Great!

Listen, man, You killed that boss in Doom 2, after up with the lift?
brave never did it.

Old 14-01-2013, 02:17 PM   #38
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

Level 99?
Mama mia..!

Great!

Listen, man, You killed that boss in Doom 2, after up with the lift?
brave never did it.

Oh, back then I even did all level to 100% secrets, and got shapshooter with the single barell shotgun But it was a long time ago, before I bought Doom 1 in shop and thought I got cheated when at a certain level all my stuff was taken away (later abandonia explained the game was made from chapters and that was how it supposed to happen unfortunatelly, but then I never went back).

Hm, isn't Elder Scrolls Arena using Doom engine, ESaggerfall using MM6 engine, ES4 using Fallout 3 engine (upgraded Unreal engine)?
Old 14-01-2013, 05:48 PM   #39
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Oh, back then I even did all level to 100% secrets, and got shapshooter with the single barell shotgun But it was a long time ago, before I bought Doom 1 in shop and thought I got cheated when at a certain level all my stuff was taken away (later abandonia explained the game was made from chapters and that was how it supposed to happen unfortunatelly, but then I never went back).

Hm, isn't Elder Scrolls Arena using Doom engine, ESaggerfall using MM6 engine, ES4 using Fallout 3 engine (upgraded Unreal engine)?

I see You know all game engines?

What about BoK?
Old 14-01-2013, 07:44 PM   #40
twillight
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:

I see You know all game engines?

What about BoK?
What is BoK?

And no, just a couple of famous ones. Not to mention all current game uses Unreal engine, so I'm unable to play them, due to virtual reality sickness.

Dang, there are only 3 type of games... 1 type of games currently in shops if you ask me, only differing in weapons:
- World of Warcraft: big manga-swords with occasional magic. Your character can WALK.
- Fallout 3: the above with guns.
- Prince of Persia Sands of Time: the above, but your character jumps with impossible moves in slow motion.

Ok, as MMO there is Sim City (in 3D again of course), but that's hardly any variety.

TerraFire
Huh, I remember mastering this game back then when I only had the demo, but now I can hardly proceed on Normal!
Ok, this is now the full version, and instead of like 5 levels from the early stages I have all the 27, but come on, the last 2-3 levels (I'm on 21 currently) was really pushing me to my limits. It'll be a wonder if I can finish this.
Until now (thx to saving whenever possible) I only lost life once (and gained it back via a bonus), so I still have some hope.

Last edited by twillight; 14-01-2013 at 11:02 PM.