Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-04-2006, 02:13 PM   #81
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

once i was addicted to might and magic7 (realy very long play time) 'n even 1-2weeks AFTER i have finished it i seen the mini map in the upper right corner during all the dream. i was scared tough, i thought something went realy wrong =P
Old 05-09-2006, 01:59 AM   #82
thebes
Game freak

The only new one's I really love are the new Pirates (still same great gameplay) and IL-2 Sturmovik! If they ever did a good remake of GNBNA or Jutland then it would be a couple more. It's the gameplay that matters to me. That's why I still like a lot of the oldie but goodies. Oh sorry I forgot the new Might and Magic games are good too,..cause of the gameplay. Old, new long as it's fun!
Luke 7:23 And blessed is he, whosoever shall not be offended in me.
thebes is offline                         Send a private message to thebes
Old 09-09-2006, 07:02 AM   #83
ShaunJ

I play everything and I don't quite understand people who don't do both. There is a certain quality in the old games that you just don't see anymore, and there is the evolution from them to the awesome games we have today such as Oblivion.

I only skimmed this thread so I'm sure what I have said has already been said, but I'm too tired at this point to go back and see. :bleh:
ShaunJ is offline                         Send a private message to ShaunJ
Old 09-09-2006, 07:09 AM   #84
Japo
Autonomous human

Some modern games profit from technology in a way which wasn't possible before, notably FPS which in the past were necessarily unrealistic. There have also been some new ideas, The Sims come to my mind. But these new ideas are far less abundant now than during the later 80s and early 90s, and the altogether quality and originality levels are now far lower in my opinion.
Old 09-09-2006, 11:13 AM   #85
Treewyrm
Abandonia nerd

There is also other problem that concerns me about new games: cross-platform. By that I mean not a cross-os (now that would be cool, I enjoy playing those few native linux games) but a game made for consoles in mind which have PC version "just-by-the-way". I'm not going to PC vs console flame wars but thing is that PC version will suffer because of console one. Such games become mediocre most of the time when they would have shine if they were made only for PC without console technical/censor restrictions.
Treewyrm is offline                         Send a private message to Treewyrm