Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-01-2010, 06:53 AM   #11
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hausen View Post
In this short period of time I've began playing the game and memories are coming back to me. I'll be sure to report back when I have a significative amount of written material. I might need help and guidance when thinking about upload format, in what form do I upload and all, but all in all I'm first having the playthrough to review it.
For detailed info, you can check this thread. I'll also send you a PM with FTP access with short instructions.
Old 19-08-2010, 11:22 AM   #12
Scatty
Treasure hunter

That's great news, have been searching for the full game myself since 2004. I updated the Wikipedia article with the new status the game. Depending on circumstances and enough free time I might come up with a review and screenshots too, if Hausen didn't come up with it in the meantime already.
Scatty is offline                         Send a private message to Scatty
Old 19-08-2010, 11:23 AM   #13
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
That's great news, have been searching for the full game myself since 2004. I updated the Wikipedia article with the new status the game. Depending on circumstances and enough free time I might come up with a review and screenshots too, if Hausen didn't come up with it in the meantime already.
Please do so. Hausen who took the right to the review never showed up again. Tell us when you need the archive.
Old 01-09-2010, 01:37 PM   #14
Keledron

Default So did anyone review this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
Please do so. Hausen who took the right to the review never showed up again. Tell us when you need the archive.
Hi TotalAnarchy. I was just curious if anyone did get around to reviewing this? I've done reviews in the past, mainly freelance (for the now extinct Games for Windows mag). I know I'm new here, but this seems the perfect place to take the new direction I've been looking to do as far as reviewing. I've been trying to find the classics/rare games that had something original and were way ahead of their time.

This game was definitely one of them. If you'd like I'd be happy to review it, and could probably have something to you guys this sunday as my week long vacation starts tomorrow.

Granted, I'm new here, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Either way, I've been coming to this site for years, and if it weren't for you all, many of these classics would be gone for good!
Keledron is offline                         Send a private message to Keledron
Old 01-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #15
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keledron View Post
Hi TotalAnarchy. I was just curious if anyone did get around to reviewing this? I've done reviews in the past, mainly freelance (for the now extinct Games for Windows mag). I know I'm new here, but this seems the perfect place to take the new direction I've been looking to do as far as reviewing. I've been trying to find the classics/rare games that had something original and were way ahead of their time.

This game was definitely one of them. If you'd like I'd be happy to review it, and could probably have something to you guys this sunday as my week long vacation starts tomorrow.

Granted, I'm new here, but I figured I'd throw that out there. Either way, I've been coming to this site for years, and if it weren't for you all, many of these classics would be gone for good!
It's not yet reviewed and I don't think Scatty will mind if you go ahead with it. Do you need the archive?
Old 01-09-2010, 01:44 PM   #16
Keledron

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by TotalAnarchy View Post
It's not yet reviewed and I don't think Scatty will mind if you go ahead with it. Do you need the archive?
Yeah this is the first place I've found that has it. Just let me know what you need from me, and thanks to Scatty if he doesn't mind, I appreciate it. Look forward to contributing!

(And of course any specific formats for reviews that you guys have, i'll read a few beforehand to get a handle on how usual reviews are submitted.)
Old 03-09-2010, 06:55 PM   #17
Scatty
Treasure hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keledron View Post
Just let me know what you need from me, and thanks to Scatty if he doesn't mind, I appreciate it. Look forward to contributing!
No go ahead, by all means. I don't seem to have as much time available as I wished to, so a review from me would otherwise have to wait a while.
Old 03-09-2010, 06:58 PM   #18
Keledron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatty View Post
No go ahead, by all means. I don't seem to have as much time available as I wished to, so a review from me would otherwise have to wait a while.

Thank you Scatty, I didn't want to leap ahead on this as a newcomer if you were wanting to review it.

Also, I read mention that there was a post somewhere on getting this to work? I'm mucking around with it in dosbox but i'm probably missing some settings. Again forgive my ignorance, but a point, push, gentle kick in the right direction on this one would be appreciated i'll dig around the forums in the meantime
Old 03-09-2010, 07:18 PM   #19
TotalAnarchy
Surviving the Dark Age

Quote:
Ok people, if you still want to use only DOSBox do the following. Install the game as always. Download this and extract it somewhere. Copy xxcopy16.exe to the folder where you installed WarWizard. Rename xxcopy16.exe to xcopy.exe.

Next you run the game as usual, only before running ww1.bat, you first run xcopy.exe using the DOSBox command lines.
This is how I got it to work.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:42 PM   #20
Scatty
Treasure hunter

It works also for me with DosBox 0.73 flawlessly without needing the above step, not using any front-end.