Old 25-04-2008, 12:32 PM   #131
Ceres

Many thanks !
Ceres is offline                         Send a private message to Ceres
Old 08-08-2008, 07:59 AM   #132
OriolesRule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceres View Post
The game is fantastic and I've just discovered it. But I have a big problem with getting through one stage on level 4th: I just can't deal with Chef Childish!! Maybe something's wrong with my game, but she's just to quick for Willy to do anything after he walks behind the couloir. I catch the pan and try to throw it somewhere between the pot and the cook, but nothing happens and the cook catches me sooner than I manage to do anything else. What do I do wrong? Should I use the key "operate" or should I throw the pan into Willy's rucksack or in a very specific point of the floor? I don;t know, please help me, I'm becoming depressed because of it
Are you running the game in DOSBox? If you run the game on any PC with a Pentium processor you need to use that utility (available on this very website!) Press Ctrl-F11 to slow down the game & Ctrl-F12 to speed up the game. The number of CPU cycles shown in DOSBox's title bar is the speed of the animations in the game.

I have a different problem. I've managed to throw the chalice into the sink, sneak up behind the chef, pour the oil into the pot & onto the floor, & push the pot. After I sneak back to the kitchen's entrance & get onto the conveyor belt, the darn chef starts screaming! I put the helmet on her head, but when I leave Willy gets caught every time!

What else can I do to muffle the chef?
OriolesRule is offline                         Send a private message to OriolesRule
Old 11-05-2009, 12:11 AM   #133
JC Denton

I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.
JC Denton is offline                         Send a private message to JC Denton
Old 11-05-2009, 02:07 AM   #134
Geezer
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JC Denton View Post
I have this on Sega CD, but figured downloading the PC version would be easier than digging up my disk/Sega CD and be skip-free. Bummed when I played it and couldn't hear voice-overs; but I feel better knowing they were never in the PC version to begin with.

Had problems running it at first, but drag-drop to DOSBox icon on desktop works like a charm!

This may have been the first non-text-based adventure game I ever played. I was always a console kid growing up.
Pretty sure there is a CD version for the PC that has the voice overs. Obviously not the one on-site, though.
"The gadfly has returned! Thou simpering, whining stable dropping. I have defeated thee repeatedly and still thou darest crawl back for more punishment. Chastise thee I shall. Thy stature is insignificant and thy name moronic. Brother to the vole! Offspring of money grubbing know nothings!" ... Spellcraft: Aspects of Valor
Geezer is offline                         Send a private message to Geezer
Old 15-06-2009, 07:08 PM   #135
cnquist
Forum hobbit

Just started playing this game. Seems pretty fun. One thing I'm curious about. Is it possible to get stuck in this game by not picking up an item earlier? In other words can I get into, say day 4 and not be able to progress because I didn't pick up the doodad in day 1?
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist
Old 16-06-2009, 05:41 AM   #136
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not really.
But if you don't do certain things, you might get the bad ending.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 16-06-2009, 04:58 PM   #137
cnquist
Forum hobbit

Thanks. Is there just two endings? Good and Bad?
cnquist is offline                         Send a private message to cnquist
Old 16-06-2009, 05:29 PM   #138
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

I recall there being more than one.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 05-06-2010, 09:59 AM   #139
christhecoolboy
Abandonia Computer Geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosta View Post
Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review
wasnt the game supposed to have a sequel, I wish Jeff who left Dnyamix would try and get this game back and make a sequel, it would be such a good idea...
christhecoolboy is offline                         Send a private message to christhecoolboy
Old 10-06-2012, 07:41 PM   #140
BillyH666

Hi, I recently installed the CD version of willy beamish with dosbox. It works fine, smooth, no crashes yet. But whenever I try to save my game, it says the drive is full, and when I try to change the directory it says that said drive doesn't exist and/or there has been a drive error. Could anyone help me with this problem?
BillyH666 is offline                         Send a private message to BillyH666