Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-02-2012, 07:34 AM   #11
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Wait

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
I think we should, to mention that it has to be run from "C:\Siege of Avalon\". Of course having to un-zip applies to every game in Abandonia, and is explained in one of my tutorials and the Troubleshooting FAQ.

Wait, wait dear Japo and Paco,
why to spend resource for new Section?

I think that every AB member know howto DL, create new directory, unzip and press above mentioned exe file.
(To start for example DOSBOX is much more difficult is my humble opinion. Of course I respect other opinions.)

yog
Old 13-02-2012, 10:04 AM   #12
Mighty Midget
Pox Vobiscum

It's true that many or most members of AB know how to run and use DOSBox. The problem is that if the game requires you to unzip/install it to a particular location, and we don't explain that, we will have tons of posts where people ask the same question. Second: Many people who download games from AB are neither members nor knowledgable about DOSBox.
Old 13-02-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Mond you, some are barely knowledgeable about basic computer use.
"Unpack?!"

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 13-02-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Midget View Post
It's true that many or most members of AB know how to run and use DOSBox. The problem is that if the game requires you to unzip/install it to a particular location, and we don't explain that, we will have tons of posts where people ask the same question. Second: Many people who download games from AB are neither members nor knowledgable about DOSBox.

Of course YOU know better such problems.
I forget that many guests visit AB also.
More help is nice thing especially when one tries to start good new game.

Actually when I finish DM2 I will start this new game.
Thank YOU my friend twillight and Paco and... sry do not remember the name of the 3-th one (Expack2 ?).

chuckle-head yoga
Old 13-02-2012, 05:40 PM   #15
Japo
Autonomous human

What I meant is that we should add the bit about the "C:\Siege of Avalon\" folder. Of course the rest about how to unpack, doesn't belong in every individual review, but in the troubleshooting FAQ.

I'll add the how-to section after I test the game in a little while, if nobody beats me to it.
Old 13-02-2012, 06:31 PM   #16
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
What I meant is that we should add the bit about the "C:\Siege of Avalon\" folder. Of course the rest about how to unpack, doesn't belong in every individual review, but in the troubleshooting FAQ.

I'll add the how-to section after I test the game in a little while, if nobody beats me to it.

No, no beaten person. Ha ha ha

..And good WT, cheats and maps please.
For maps we have to ask Paco the Map Master again.

Good luck, amigo Japo!

yoga the cheater
Old 16-02-2012, 01:35 PM   #17
alvorsam

Smile

This is so amazing, but it had to happen some day (or so I'd been hoping for all these years). I tried the demo when it was brand new and instantly fell in love with it, although I actually just played a couple of minutes of the game, inside the castle. One thing I remember was the loading time when going up/down the stairs, and while it was a delight to watch the hand-drawn quality of the image that appeared, the waiting time made me forfeit the game altogether, not possessing the hardware to run the game normally.
I recognized the game immediately when I saw the screenshots here on Abandonia, and after installing I browsed through the files till I found the loading screens to make sure this really was the game I'd once played. Now I'm sitting here with a pounding heart, not yet daring to start the game knowing that the sweet memories I've kept in all these years will be crushed without mercy, the same way it did when I played P.O.D. (Planet of Death), re-released by GOG.COM, a few months ago, a game which I also had keen memories of, and had been playing everyday on my Win95 computer back then.

Thank you for letting me share my memories of delight with you guys, and special TY goes to ABANDONIA.COM and the three fellows allowing me to experience this meeting of chance!

- Sam
alvorsam is offline                         Send a private message to alvorsam
Old 18-02-2012, 12:53 AM   #18
ScarletBeast
Angry

TBH I found this game too damn frustrating. I'm not sure how to level up, all the monsters kill me too quickly... other than that, I liked it... or -would- have liked it if I could have actually played more than the "talk to people in town before going on quest" part. >.>
And, yes, I have played RPGs before -,-; Diablo is a favorite of mine... but... this definitely isn't.

Old 02-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #19
GordonOverkill

I've got some technical problems, too :-( I managed to install and start the game, but at random moments (sometimes during character generation, sometimes later) the screen suddenly gets black and just some few squares reappear when I move the mouse over them... anybody got a clue what I could do?

Thanks & greetings!
Old 04-03-2012, 01:11 PM   #20
Ruksa

I changed the paths in Siege.INI from C:\SIEGEO~1\ to C:\Games\SIEGEO~1\ (my install location). It worked fine...
But my character won't draw his weapon, except for the training in the outer bailey. He insists on punching everything.