Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-01-2006, 08:22 PM   #111
Doubler
Resident Llama

Send a message via MSN to Doubler

Personally I think the toughest opponent is the one Thornwood mentioned. He's also the most fun. I always liked fighting him with all kind of restrictions, like parrying only, dodge only, etc. :P

Buttonbash shift-up enough and the fat guy'll give you no trouble.
As for Jafar, play it right and you barely need to fight him at all

And guest, I'll take a look at it ASAP
Old 10-03-2006, 01:56 PM   #112
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

TWENTY SECONDS :w00t: I think he meant 20 MINUTES, else it's a joke or a super cheat. 20 seconds impossible! :eeeeeh: :eeeeeh:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 10-03-2006, 03:36 PM   #113
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand Dad@Mar 10 2006, 01:56 PM
TWENTY SECONDS :w00t: I think he meant 20 MINUTES, else it's a joke or a super cheat. 20 seconds impossible! :eeeeeh: :eeeeeh:
Well, judging by the vid it was indeed 20 seconds. Either a bug, or some cheat allowing him to jump down without falling to his death. It wasn't the floating thing though :blink:
Old 11-03-2006, 01:31 AM   #114
gmx99

Hi, I'm an old fan of Prince Of Persia. I've played POP since I was a child and know many things about this game. However, reading this thread I have discovered two new things and I have two questions for people that are able to respond me:

1) Some month ago a person wrote here that there was a bug in this game able to complete the game in 14 minutes or less. I want absolutely reproduce this bug.
I have read somewhere (out of this board) that after the game is completed without any saved game, restarting the game another time, after you have completed level 1, strangely, instead of level 2 the game warps you directly to jaffar, with about 50-52 minutes left.
I think that the bug described above is connected to the bug discussed here. How can I reproduce this bug that save me much time?

2) A person, always in this thread, has linked a page where the level 7 is being finished in about 20 seconds. I've tried too many times but the trick seems to be unable to work. Maybe there is someone other able to apply this trick?

Of course, I don't want to use any cheat available for prince (starting prince with "prince megahit", etc, etc).
gmx99 is offline                         Send a private message to gmx99
Old 11-03-2006, 09:35 AM   #115
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Well I've playing the game since it first came out on 5.25" floppy. I don't want to jump to Jaffar after the first level. I like to enjoy and have fun all the way long. I remember finishing it with 19 minutes to spare...well I loved it that way. No bugs or cheats for me :bye:
Grand Dad is offline                         Send a private message to Grand Dad
Old 11-03-2006, 10:03 AM   #116
SiSio_XXX

Send a message via ICQ to SiSio_XXX

hey all! I have this game on SEGA computer. I have already done it! It's cool game, with different levels (total: 15 lvls) and it is cool! This game is very good!
SiSio_XXX is offline                         Send a private message to SiSio_XXX
Old 21-03-2006, 01:49 AM   #117
browser
Lurker

just downloaded the "new" pop with the save facility (a life save for plodders) great! - played it on the amiga when i had hair but only got as far as fighting my shadow (it peeved me so much i stopped) though having read through on the subject "dont fight a shadow" im giving it another whirl and loving it.

i used to really like the save code and time that the amiga version gave after each completed level, so you could choose your quickest or try to improve.
browser is offline                         Send a private message to browser
Old 22-03-2006, 07:26 PM   #118
gmx99

Is here someone that can finish the game under 15 minutes or less (without any cheat of course)?
No one is able to reproduce level 7 trick showed in this thread? I've tried many times but seems to be impossible without any cheat.
Post your best time if possible.
gmx99 is offline                         Send a private message to gmx99
Old 24-03-2006, 06:54 AM   #119
vipin
Super Freak

Send a message via AIM to vipin

Quote:
Originally posted by gmx99@Mar 23 2006, 08:26 AM
Is here someone that can finish the game under 15 minutes or less (without any cheat of course)?
No one is able to reproduce level 7 trick showed in this thread? I've tried many times but seems to be impossible without any cheat.
Post your best time if possible.
hello!
I think you are probably right about that level 7 trick. When I used to play this game even I tried that trick but it actually never worked and I think that it is something picture editing trick. but i don't know.

my best time happens to be 27 minutes and without cheating I think, everyone is gonna take atleast this much of time. the game play requires it, you may argue that you can do tricks but I am confident that at least 25 minutes of playing the game is necessary in any condition.
Old 29-03-2006, 12:58 PM   #120
Grand Dad
Game Wizzard

Did it in 18, but that was a long, long time ago...what? about 22/23 years ago!