Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-05-2005, 04:46 PM   #21
Val
Lurker

I played another version (I think) of this game on the Snes it was funny and slightly addictive rather than actually good.
Val is offline                         Send a private message to Val
Old 28-05-2005, 11:11 AM   #22
desepchun

Anyone know of a guide or manual for the game?

I remember the amulets and such did differant things, but I got no clue what.

So far Ive gotten a Sextant, which allows me to see my long/lat, a Cutlass, for fight scenes, and a Telescope, wich IIRC lets me spot ports in the same screen as myself.

but what about the amulets and such, no clue on those. Since im capped out at 60k may as well find something good to spend it on.

Old 28-05-2005, 11:42 AM   #23
Doc Adrian
Game Wizzard

my manual wasn't that filled out...might want to get a FAQ
Doc Adrian is offline                         Send a private message to Doc Adrian
Old 28-05-2005, 06:26 PM   #24
Sharp
Game freak

Send a message via ICQ to Sharp

Ahh this is a classic, though I prefer my Genesis Emulator version of Unchartered Waters, much better graphics.

Sextant and Telescope are the only items you will really need. The weapons just simply affect the damage you do when you hand-to-hand combat with another ship i.e. how many of thier crew you kill.

The Amulets are good luck charms, like your figurehead, they mean less chance of storms and seaweed(which is evil!!!) and less chance of getting as much damage from swords and evil seaweed.

Then youve got miscellanous stuff like jewelry, this is only useful for selling to shop keepers or for giving as gifts to the princess.

Oh, and in Venice you can buy a........ erm....... oh yeh a speculum, that will accurately tell you your longitude/latitidue, which you need when searching for buried treasure, though that is expensive so that can lower your load of cash.

Also you can store gold in the palace so you can have a lot of gold.

One tactic which is quite useful is too invest in ports, buy sugar and sell in London, buy wool, go to Antwerp to the south and sell the wool, buy sugar and invest in the industry and then sell at London....... etc...

Once an investment in a port reaches a certain number you can build the better ships, until you manage to get the ultimate, the heavy galleon. (though you do need around a sailing level of 10 or so to effectivly sail it.)

A good strategy guide which got me out of sticky situations was this one

Unchartered Waters Strategy Guide/FAQ

« † DxRxIx † »
Sharp is offline                         Send a private message to Sharp
Old 30-05-2005, 11:17 AM   #25
desepchun

Awesome, thats exaclty what I was looking for.

made a Galleon with some 300 men on board, but no stores.

everytime i open up a window, the calculator comes up before I can read it. leads to blind purchases.

Old 15-06-2005, 07:36 PM   #26
mv540

Someone please help me! I downloaded this game, and everything works. Except I cant read anything, because the letters are turned into boxes.

Old 18-07-2005, 04:18 PM   #27
JUZT KIDDING

Uncharted Waters 2 "New Horizons" has been my favorite game forever!...however I cant seem to play it on my Windows XP Operating system. Im 28 and way too young for this to be my fav game but Im a dork so what can ya do!? If anyone can give any suggestions how I could get this game to work on my WinXP without using dual-boot and installing windows 95 on this PC I would be much obliged! :help: :ranting:

Old 10-11-2005, 09:28 AM   #28
rooney

Hi does anybody know if there is a way to make this game run forever? Perhaps by editing the save files or something?

Old 10-11-2005, 10:04 AM   #29
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by rooney@Nov 10 2005, 10:28 AM
Hi does anybody know if there is a way to make this game run forever? Perhaps by editing the save files or something?
I haven't played UW, but in UW2 it was sufficient if you didn't complete the last step in your quest. Sometimes it's annoying because you will have to avoid a certain port, but that's the only way I know about.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:04 PM   #30

I guess the corresponding last step in UW1 would be not rescuing the princess. I have heard that in UW1 the main character gets killed off 20-30 years down the road- has anyone gone so far as to have experienced that?