Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 22-09-2013, 04:39 AM   #1
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Default StaaViinsZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Wow. I couldn't imagine that there could be such thing as two versions of the same installer! Thank you, Python1980!
Do I detect a hint of sarcasm, 'Ol Smilie?

Not so Smilie today, Smilester?

LOST YOUR PET SMILE?

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 22-09-2013, 09:42 AM   #2
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

Well, having smile here would be bit of sarcastic, no? And no, it's a real "thank you" without tongues in the cheeks, so smiles are not very appropriate there. That's all.
Old 22-09-2013, 10:04 AM   #3
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiling Spectre View Post
Well, having smile here would be bit of sarcastic, no? And no, it's a real "thank you" without tongues in the cheeks, so smiles are not very appropriate there. That's all.
I thought it sounded sarcastic, but maybe you were speaking from the point of view of someone who doesn't know?
As for the smile jokes, I wasn't saying you needed a "Smilie", I was just saying that because you seemed sarcastically unhappy or uncaring.

But that's just me. Sarcasm (or not) is so hard to detect in text.
One time this guy said an album had [i] no bass[\I] in the mix, in a review. Turns out he meant there was very little... That was after I had told someone that there wasn't any... Heh.
As a final note, this is very helpful what this guy posted. I wouldn't have known otherwise.

"...this forum seems like a bunch of jumbled posts all bound together, except a toddler has been tearing "Posts" out of the "Binder"."

"And here we are, in the shadows, patiently awaiting a reply to appear, in it's natural habitat."

"Why quote someone else when you alone have enough ridiculous posts for the whole forum's user base?" -All Quotes StaaViinsZ

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 22-09-2013 at 10:10 AM.
StaaViinsZ is offline                         Send a private message to StaaViinsZ
Old 25-09-2013, 11:07 PM   #4
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Red face

Okay... Admin a little spunky today, I see.
A new thread just for this? Well, I should just be happy I didn't get a talking to and they just moved it kindly...
I know it's a bit off topic, but I didn't think it would affect too much.
Heh, then again, it's whenever a forum let's something like this slide when a forum falls into havoc.
Well, I guess I go with this.
Thanks for the kindness of the Admin!

Old 26-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #5
Japo
Autonomous human

Your discussion is very well received, but please do not derail the topic of each thread. You keep doing this. When you want to start discussing a different topic, it's preferred that you start a new thread, that's no problem, on the contrary.

Do not change topic without starting a new thread.
Old 26-09-2013, 08:20 PM   #6
StaaViinsZ
Abandonia nerd

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Japo View Post
Your discussion is very well received, but please do not derail the topic of each thread. You keep doing this. When you want to start discussing a different topic, it's preferred that you start a new thread, that's no problem, on the contrary.

Do not change topic without starting a new thread.
So you're saying I should have started a new thread just for "SS's Sarcastic comment" and quoted him rather than put my discussion next to where the comment occurred in it's rightful place?

Well, just the way I thought of it...

I do start new threads for completely separate questions, (SEE: Printing Questions) but I don't feel that I should start a new thread any time I want to comment on what someone said...

However, Yes, I know, I do have a tendency to go off topic.
Like now. Lol. Oops.

Besides, these posts actually make no sense with out the original two.
Plus in the last moved post of mine I say something about how helpful the original post was.

I am seeing a lot of reasons why these should have stayed...
but still, It was, for the most part, completely unrelated to the original post.
I know, it was oiut of place, and might've detailed anyone viewing that thread, but the above is just how I feel.

You were kind enough to actually create a thread for me rather than to just delete my posts. That's nice

As a note, I do understand SS's comment for the most part now, I was just using that as an example for if I had started a new thread.

Last edited by StaaViinsZ; 26-09-2013 at 08:35 PM.
Old 26-09-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Admins hate derailing.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 26-09-2013, 09:42 PM   #8
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Originally Posted by StaaViinsZ View Post
So you're saying I should have started a new thread just for "SS's Sarcastic comment" and quoted him rather than put my discussion next to where the comment occurred in it's rightful place?

Yes.

When you hijack a thread with a different topic you convert the discussion boards into a disorganized meaningless torrent of unconnected paragraphs.

New topic, new thread, it's simple. Please don't question this principle.

No problem in making this topic for you (or any number of them), I think you had been needing at least one thread for yourself since you started here. That's not bad, we're usually too low in activity actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Admins hate derailing.
They do, I am bothered only when it's really flagrant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan View Post

OK?

Last edited by Japo; 26-09-2013 at 09:51 PM.
Japo is offline                         Send a private message to Japo
Old 27-09-2013, 05:01 AM   #9
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Not depicted: Admin with a large axe.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-09-2013, 05:31 AM   #10
Smiling Spectre
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via ICQ to Smiling Spectre Send a message via AIM to Smiling Spectre Send a message via MSN to Smiling Spectre

I, personally, see nothing bad with slight deviations here and there, and especially in "Blah-Blah" forum.

But I can agree that when we talk with StaaViinsZ, it could be not very slight deviations...