Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Offers
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 29-07-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Default Nil's offers

Important notice: forget about me using FTP, this guy is too old. Best reply bellow or PM for links and let someone with experience do it.

Panzer General manual:
I found this one on CD image with bundled DOS+Win95 versions of the game. Compared to existing one available on Abandonia it's missing first and last page but the rest of it is pristine quality (PGDOSMAN.PDF). I've fiddled with it and made a version that includes 1st & last page (Manual.pdf). Then I changed the file date/time of it to match the one from original CD image.
To be clear I am proposing Manual.pdf and if it's satisfactory I recommend renaming it to PGDOSMAN.PDF before uploading.

The (+even more) Incredible Machine windows icons:
Just two Windows icons I made for TIM & TemIM using in-game assets. This is DOS-only game so there's no official icons afaik and the ones made by the community suck big-time. These are meant to be slapped on a shortcut that runs the game from DOSBox.

That it all for now. Please tell me if I suck at this and I'll stop, lol.
Nilex is offline                         Send a private message to Nilex
Old 05-08-2017, 01:54 AM   #2
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
Important notice: forget about me using FTP, this guy is too old. Best reply bellow or PM for links and let someone with experience do it.

Panzer General manual:
I found this one on CD image with bundled DOS+Win95 versions of the game. Compared to existing one available on Abandonia it's missing first and last page but the rest of it is pristine quality (PGDOSMAN.PDF). I've fiddled with it and made a version that includes 1st & last page (Manual.pdf). Then I changed the file date/time of it to match the one from original CD image.
To be clear I am proposing Manual.pdf and if it's satisfactory I recommend renaming it to PGDOSMAN.PDF before uploading.

The (+even more) Incredible Machine windows icons:
Just two Windows icons I made for TIM & TemIM using in-game assets. This is DOS-only game so there's no official icons afaik and the ones made by the community suck big-time. These are meant to be slapped on a shortcut that runs the game from DOSBox.

That it all for now. Please tell me if I suck at this and I'll stop, lol.
Hello, Nil. I do not mind uploading your files to my Dropbox account (paid).

Incidentally, I was granted credentials to access FTP, but it is experiencing errors and / or slowness.

So when I finish organizing my files, I will send a message to marko river.”, Japo or Spectre with my files and your files.

Of course, I will credit you for the offer of your files. Maybe you will get some PoE (Pieces of Eight) for the contribution.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:31 PM   #3
Nilex
Forum hobbit

My dear amigo, your kind offer sounds very good to me

I will PM you with an archive link. Many Thanks!

P.S.
I've also included Fantasy General icon I also made myself. Beats GoG's one by a mile but that's not saying much, huehue.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:06 AM   #4
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilex View Post
My dear amigo, your kind offer sounds very good to me

I will PM you with an archive link. Many Thanks!

P.S.
I've also included Fantasy General icon I also made myself. Beats GoG's one by a mile but that's not saying much, huehue.
Thanks for understanding, Jackie Chun.

I will organize the files, but I will not guarantee that you will get some PoE for the contribution. But this contribution may appear on your profile on the main site. The question is whether the accepted files will stay on FTP (slow and problematic) or remain in Dropbox.
Old 06-08-2017, 02:43 AM   #5
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Thumbs up

Hehe, that's 2nd time in 24 hours someone recognized the avatar. It was on another board but I'm happy to know people watched the cartoon

Buddy all that matters to me is knowing I contributed all I could, even if it was a very small amount. For myself that is a reward in itself. If admins like and approve it, then all the better. I've never even heard of PoE until you mentioned it so don't even worry about it

Big Thanks for doing the heavy lifting and also hosting the files for me
Old 07-10-2017, 12:20 AM   #6
Mystvan
Vice-Chair-man Poke-man

Smile

Hello, dear Nilex, how are you?

I did the organization of your files according to the rules of Abandonia. I also uploaded them to my Dropbox account. The sharing link was sent via PM.

I hope it is all right. And I apologize for the delay.
Mystvan is offline                         Send a private message to Mystvan
Old 06-11-2017, 03:03 AM   #7
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Lightbulb Avish, levels 47-74 (end) solved position screenshots

As the sub-title says, would there be any interest in putting that as download extras on the Avish page? Asking because this amazing game doesn't have any kind of walkthrough, anywhere. Except Codes of course, but that's not as good

That's 28 .jpg files of same number of levels, totaling just shy of 7 MB, in one .zip file. They are great as guide/hint yet complex enough that someone who just wishes to stroll past the levels by looking at the images would not be able to make much sense of.

Haven't included the first 46 levels because even if it's been literally over a decade since I played them I remember them not being hard enough to need a guide. Not to mention numerous tutorial ones.

I'd include a small .txt with the technicalities and some info. If someone later wishes to add remaining levels then that person can then credit himself in there.

If that sounds good I could put the .zip download link here but, as before, someone high-up would have to put it where it belongs.
Old 09-11-2017, 08:34 AM   #8
Japo
Autonomous human

Hi Nilex, then your walktrough screens are appreciated, I can add them (if the forum doesn't stop working again)... Thanks. How do you want to send them? FTP or email or else?
Old 09-11-2017, 11:19 PM   #9
Nilex
Forum hobbit

Default Avish - Solved Level images (47-74)

or else
Here they are: link removed because it served its purpose

Last edited by Nilex; 12-11-2017 at 02:45 PM. Reason: removed obsolete link
Old 11-11-2017, 05:22 PM   #10
Japo
Autonomous human

Quote:
Invalid or Deleted File.

The key you provided for file access was invalid. This is usually caused because the file is no longer stored on MediaFire. This occurs when the file is removed by the originating user or MediaFire.

Still have questions, or think we've made a mistake? Please contact support for further assistance.