Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 12-02-2005, 05:44 AM   #11
Machaon
Lurker

Hello all, I'm new to emulating and am trying to find Altered Beast for Sega Mega Drive. Will I need a Patch, ROM, & Emulator? Where can I find a patch for this game, and does anybody know websites with entirely safe patches/ROMS/emulators for Altered Beast?? (PS: Do I need to unzip both the patch and ROM into the same file, then load it with an emulator?)
Old 25-02-2005, 12:13 PM   #12
Kris

Heh, there's something just a little homoerotic about two buff dudes jumping around the wilderness together with only their loincloths (and not even that after they transform!).

I'm trying to find a downloadable ROM of this game that works. No luck so far. So there're better-looking versions than what was found on the Genesis?

Old 23-11-2005, 03:01 AM   #13
JOHN D.

I don't know what you ment with COMMENT me, but I've deleted your post. You very using all caps (shouting) and you put in your e-mail, even if this game is ESA protected, so no body is allowed to give it to you (even if they have it).

Old 14-02-2006, 02:13 PM   #14
megahorax

Es un excelente Arcade, un tanto difícil cuando se avanza en las pantallas. Se destacan las transformaciones que sufre el protagonista.

In English:It is an excellent Arcade, somewhat difficult when one advances in the screens. The transformations stand out that the protagonist undergoes.
megahorax is offline                         Send a private message to megahorax
Old 08-09-2006, 06:02 PM   #15
Roadkill
Forum hobbit

fantastic game, everyone has played this one at some point or another. I however didnt get too far in this game, quite difficult.
Roadkill is offline                         Send a private message to Roadkill
Old 09-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #16
Vendermarch
Forum hobbit

Nah.. there's no point in playing Altered Beast on PC. Even the Genesis (MegaDrive in Europe) version is pretty boring, not to mention that homoerotic stuff mentioned earlier

edit: Please don't post links to emulator or rom sites.

Edited by ReamusLQ
Vendermarch is offline                         Send a private message to Vendermarch
Old 09-09-2006, 08:22 PM   #17
Averre

Bah!

For the arcades and the Genesis this was a simply fantastic game, especially with two players,i burned up quite a bit of tokens on this game

it's pretty short though, if memory serves, it was maybe five levels?

Either way it has the one of the most memorable quotes "Rise from your grave"

Old 09-09-2006, 09:10 PM   #18
Vendermarch
Forum hobbit

OK... The game has it's qualities alright, but compared to other Genesis beat-em-ups ... oh nevermind. Today it doesn't matter anyway. Only sweet memories of the days past when playing those oldies matter. Am I right?
And don't get me wrong. I actually played the original game (altered beast) and played it quite a lot in my days.

Mods: Sorry 'bout linking to that other site.
Vendermarch is offline                         Send a private message to Vendermarch
Old 10-09-2006, 07:26 PM   #19
guesst
Abandonia Homie

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Kris @ Feb 25 2005, 01:13 PM) [snapback]71674[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Heh, there's something just a little homoerotic about two buff dudes jumping around the wilderness together with only their loincloths (and not even that after they transform!).[/b]
You probably think WWF is homoerotic, don't you. I'm not to say it's not, but at least in WWF you get the occasional well endowed chick to offset the testostrone on testosterone groping action.

I belive the popularity of this game is the fact that EVERYONE who got a genesis for a while got a copy. It was the genesis's super mario for a while. But have you ever played to the end of the genesis version and the arcade version? They end differently. I wonder about this and the amiga versions, which ending do they have? In the arcade it was played like a movie with actors taking off the masks and having a laugh. With the genesis version it was more serious.
guesst is offline                         Send a private message to guesst
Old 06-08-2007, 04:57 AM   #20
tormentor

When the sega genesis was officially released in '89, Altered Beast was the free game you got when you brought a machine.
This game is very average. A sequel was released in 2005 called Project Altered Beast. Haven't played it though. (I'm not sure I'd want to anyway)
tormentor is offline                         Send a private message to tormentor