Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-04-2005, 04:04 AM   #21
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I can not believe Seinfield only got one mention, it is the greatest comedy show ever made and you have all given it the shoulder. I'm disgusted. :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting: :ranting:

Fawlty Towers comes next. Then the rest just stumble along blindly in the background, even though a lot of them are great they just have nothing against Seinfield or Fawlty Towers.

And Deathdude was right. The later series of simpsons are pure rubbish, I hardly watch the new ones anymore.

Another one of my favourites that I don't think has been mentioned is Two and a Half Men.

Spin City was good till Michael J Fox left.

Malcolm in the Middle is good.

My Wife and Kids is good because they all over act, hilarious.

And the last one I will mention is Black Books, another very good British comedy along with Coupling.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-04-2005, 04:36 AM   #22
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah after about season 11 or 12 when Matt Groening left the show, it went downhill, very quickly, the newer episodes have lost all it's charm from the older ones, the writers are trying to force down the humour, but it just doesn't seem to be natural.

I can't believe I forgot to mention, That 70's show, Whose line is it anyway, and 2 and a half men, all great comedies that I love to watch as well.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-04-2005, 05:02 AM   #23
taikara
Abandonia Homie

I've heard about Fawlty Towers... I'll have to check it out
taikara is offline                         Send a private message to taikara
Old 07-04-2005, 05:07 AM   #24
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I suggest you check it out as soon as you can.

I can't believe Matt Groening is letting this happen to Simpsons, I think he still has control over whether it is still to be made, cause my brother was telling me he saw an interview with Matt Groening and he said he's just going to run it into the ground until people stop watching it, he doesn't seem to care about it anymore, but the thing is no one is going to stop watching the simpsons, if they keep making them people are still going to watch them.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-04-2005, 05:12 AM   #25
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah essentially that's his role, but he doesn't have a lot of input into the show like he used to have. It's a good question how many more seasons they will continue to produce, at this level the fan base will really drop off, although I've heard plans that they also want to do a Simpsons movie, that'd probably be the last simpsons we will ever see, I think it's due out in 2006 or 07 I remember reading. Although I'm not really looking forward to it.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-04-2005, 05:17 AM   #26
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

No that definently isn't a good descision, and although I'd like to agree with you that it would destroy the simpsons once and for all I just don't think it will.

Like you said if they had just stopped at searies 11 or 12, then it would be one of the greatest comedies around along with Seinfield because that is exactly what Seinfield did, he stopped it because he didn't want it to turn out like the simpsons has turned out now.
Old 07-04-2005, 05:31 AM   #27
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Iron_Scarecrow@Apr 7 2005, 06:04 AM
Yea, I don't watch TV much because most of the stuff is utter crap, but this series actually made me laugh.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 07-04-2005, 05:32 AM   #28
Marek
Abandonia nerd

Futurama,
Becker.

I thought that Futurama was MUCH better than the Simpsons...

Never seemed to take off in this country though...

Other than those I don't watch TV...

I watch the news and Movies if anything good is on
The rest of my time is devoted to my pc :angel:
Marek is offline                         Send a private message to Marek
Old 07-04-2005, 05:38 AM   #29
Evad
Game freak

I can't believe i'm the first to put Red Dwarf up..if you haven't seen it and you like "brit-witt" check it out
Evad is offline                         Send a private message to Evad
Old 07-04-2005, 05:44 AM   #30
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact+Apr 7 2005, 03:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Mad-E-Fact @ Apr 7 2005, 03:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Iron_Scarecrow@Apr 7 2005, 06:04 AM
Yea, I don't watch TV much because most of the stuff is utter crap, but this series actually made me laugh. [/b][/quote]
One thing I like about the show is that it's about a family that is not well off, well they are well off enough to get by, but they have money problems and their lives aren't perfect. This is great change to all the american shows and movies we see of people who have a lot of money have pretty much perfect lives.

EDIT And of course it is absolutly hilarious.