Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 25-08-2008, 06:19 PM   #171
Novalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wicky View Post
I have setup a fully working Version of M.A.X just right now.
It contains a highly compressed rar archive of about everything the full install does, there are no advertisements nor preview trailers from the original CD.

Including music, digital speech, movies etc... ftp://90.146.245.4/

And the best: It weighs only 230mb, Good hunting
If anyone has this version, could they please upload it? I haven't had any luck with that FTP or with my full CD version of the game, which keeps giving me the swap error. To add insult to injury, Wicky has not replied to any of PMs so I assume that he's inactive.

Anyway, I would greatly appreciate if someone could upload Wicky's version on a site like Mediafire.
Novalon is offline                         Send a private message to Novalon
Old 25-08-2008, 06:24 PM   #172
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

your version will be ready in about a day
it has about 400-500 mb though
Old 27-08-2008, 02:02 AM   #173
Novalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
your version will be ready in about a day
it has about 400-500 mb though
Thanks r.u.s.s.
Or should I call you Mr. Lighter & Aerosol Can?
Speaking of which, an XP version of Blood would be nice.
This version of M.A.X. will be XP-compatible, I presume? In any case, I'm grateful for the upload.
Old 27-08-2008, 08:17 AM   #174
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

you can call me mr i'm sending you 200,000 usd to your bank account just because i feel like it

http://www.4shared.com/dir/8955854/83ca2b8a/max.html

but anyways, you should become more regular on the forums. regulars have access to iso cellar (where i'm also putting this max game). blood included=P i don't know if it's xp version or not, but you can flawlessly run dos blood with windows and vdm sound, but we won't discuss it in max topic will we..
Old 27-08-2008, 08:58 PM   #175
Novalon

Hold on, this is the same CD image I have? I thought by "your version" you meant the one I was looking for: Wicky's.

Anyway, I've already corroborated that I have an uncorrupted CD version so I'll probably encounter the same swap error with your image. What I really want is a complete but portable version of the game meaning no installation and XP compatibility straight out of the archive. Thanks for the effort, though.

I also have the full image of Blood as well as all of its expansions. Anent VDMSound, I would not like to fiddle with that as it could potentially harm DOS game support; I've used it before a while ago. If I could get Wicky's version, I would be glad to become a regular here.
Old 27-08-2008, 09:58 PM   #176
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

Quote:
If I could get Wicky's version, I would be glad to become a regular here.
just because of that i'm not going to try looking for wicky's version=P seriously, "demands"? wtf? if you don't wanna then you don't wanna
Old 27-08-2008, 10:27 PM   #177
Novalon

Quote:
Originally Posted by _r.u.s.s. View Post
just because of that i'm not going to try looking for wicky's version=P seriously, "demands"? wtf? if you don't wanna then you don't wanna
Sorry, I didn't mean to say that. Also, I wasn't trying to make any demands; you said that I should become a regular to get access to the ISO cellar so I thought it would be a good idea to ask you to upload Wicky's version there. And in the meantime, I could start posting more. Anyway, it really was nothing more than a request.
Old 28-08-2008, 01:45 PM   #178
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, checked that, there is windows installer and i got no swap erros. the windows autorun only covers the dos version though, you will be able to run it but if you do it in windows you probably won't get sounds. but with dosbox it worked

btw here is your walkthrough for flawless blood on xp
Old 25-09-2008, 11:07 PM   #179
cber029

M.A.X. is such and awesome game :thumbs:, if it was not for the constant freezes and crashes, especially in the later stages of a game.

The Fifth Horseman mentioned that a v1.56 of the game was available from the Home of the Underdogs that supposedly fixes a lot of these problems. Unfortunately, when I went to their site the download had been removed due to a broken file

So I was just wondering if someone who has a working copy of the 1.56 version would kindly make it available (e.g. via abandonia or torrent).

Thanks a lot in advance.
cber029 is offline                         Send a private message to cber029
Old 26-09-2008, 12:43 AM   #180
cber029

Ok after some checking it seems like the Abandonia download of M.A.X. is also v1.56.

So, my apologies for my bogus post and please ignore my request .
cber029 is offline                         Send a private message to cber029