Go Back   Forums > Updates Workflow > Request Games > Rejected requests
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 18-11-2004, 07:01 PM   #11
Yamcha
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by wormpaul@Nov 18 2004, 08:00 PM
I played quake 3 on the internet...but didnt like it..

way to fast for me and the maps where to small./. :not_ok:
I had it but I gave it to a friend and never took it back..MTV EMA are starting
Old 18-11-2004, 10:11 PM   #12
Caged
Game Wizzard

Check my avvy guys, I am full Quake III Arena player. Love that game. proud member of EMS Quake Team and am the one and only 28K fragger...ok, that doesn't say much, but just check out the shot i post after I play a good match....LOL, maybe not on that one, LOL
Caged is offline                         Send a private message to Caged
Old 19-11-2004, 05:30 AM   #13
Morrin
Underground

Games are:

Quake
Soggoth (quake 2)
Quake 2 (Quake 3 Arena)
Soggoth 2 (Quake 4)

Quake 2 wasn't supposed to be quake at first place. Id just wanted to earn some extra cash and with name of quake. Quake 2 has nothing to do with theme of quake 1. Also quake 4 is going to be sequel to part 2 so it should be named as shoggoth 2. Id is a lameass company. I know that quake 4 will be as lousy as doom 3 was.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 19-11-2004, 08:26 AM   #14
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Isn't Doom 3 any good. I hear it's *dirty word* BRILLIANT, but I could never play it on this computer of mine. But I have only played Quake 3 Arena. And I'm pretty sure it was my first ever FPS game with full mouse look.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 19-11-2004, 08:56 AM   #15
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I never played any of the quake games. FPS are not my style. I will be trying out Doom 3 once I have my new computer (Half Life 2 also once it is reasonably priced) and I always liked the looks of FPS games. It's just that the gameplay is so repetative.

Even if Quake was abandoned it would be too big for this site. We might be able to add the freeware version (demo).
Rabyd Rev -- 2 Timothy 2:15
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 19-11-2004, 08:59 AM   #16
Morrin
Underground

Quote:
Originally posted by The Picard@Nov 19 2004, 09:56 AM
I never played any of the quake games. FPS are not my style. I will be trying out Doom 3 once I have my new computer (Half Life 2 also once it is reasonably priced) and I always liked the looks of FPS games. It's just that the gameplay is so repetative.

Even if Quake was abandoned it would be too big for this site. We might be able to add the freeware version (demo).
1st person shooters are as repeating as any other games. Platformers are all the same, strategy games are all the same.. All the music genres repeat theirselves. All movie genres repeat themselves (expect for really artistic ones). It's just how you take it.
Morrin is offline                         Send a private message to Morrin
Old 19-11-2004, 09:05 AM   #17
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nonsense. In most FPS all you do is shoot monsters with ever increasingly powerful weapons while finding keys to open the next door behind which lurk even more monsters for you to shoot. Strategy is more varied in that it has many game play elements and many more ways to win.

There are bad strategy games to be sure and those are no fun to play but the best strategy games are infinitely more varied then FPS.
The Niles is offline                         Send a private message to The Niles
Old 19-11-2004, 09:12 AM   #18
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

If you want repetitive game get a racing game.
But anyway FPS games can get repetitive but the action is just so great you cant help but get addicted. And I'd prefer FPS games that don't have a story line with bosses. Such as Unreal tournament or Counter Strike (even though that is quite boring now but good while it lasted). Although I still like the ones with the Stories invovled. Unreal 2 = *dirty word* EXCELLENT.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 19-11-2004, 09:22 AM   #19
The Niles
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

FPS have improved over the years. I played the first Doom and loved it then played Doom 2 but was not as thrilled as I was with the first game. After that I lost all interrest in the genre for years and years. I never played half life until just a few months ago. The first FPS I played after Doom2 (played through I mean) was Star Trek Voyager: Elite Force. I liked and at times loved it. After that I took a little more notice of the genre again. Still not a fan but I am looking foreward to playing some of the games (like HL2 and Doom3).
Old 19-11-2004, 09:38 AM   #20
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

I haven't played many of the old FPS games. Only ones I remember playing was a star wars one and duke nukem 3D. Other than that I have only played FPS games that have full mouse look. But I am also looking forward to playing Doom 3 not so much Half Life 2.