Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 05-03-2006, 10:59 PM   #1
Papawill13

Thumbs up

First if this is the wrong place to talk, sorry but didnt know where else to ask the question.

I just downloaded the game and am trying to build a deck but I cant seem to add any cards to the deck. I can take cards out but not put them back in. I tryed pulling cards down to the bottom of the screen but they just disappear. The Only Card I can add to my deck is a Water Elemental. Any help would be appreciated.
Papawill13 is offline                         Send a private message to Papawill13
Old 05-03-2006, 11:13 PM   #2
moogle
Abandonia Homie

Yeah i never could really figure out how to do that either, personally I'l just stick with the cards
moogle is offline                         Send a private message to moogle
Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #3
Papawill13

I downloaded the Manual and it say "Along the bottom of the screen, in the Inventory area, is every card you can put into a Deck-Every Magic:The Gathering card included in the game!..."

I am assuming somehow the game I downloaded is messed up in this sense, oh well. If this is not the case though again I would appreciate any help.

I guess I too will just take what they give me.
Papawill13 is offline                         Send a private message to Papawill13
Old 06-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #4
punch999
The true Shadow President

Which game? There are so many?
punch999 is offline                         Send a private message to punch999
Old 06-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #5
Papawill13

Quote:
Originally posted by #Alex#@Mar 6 2006, 01:03 AM
Which game? There are so many?
The First one.
Old 06-03-2006, 04:04 AM   #6
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Shandalar is one of the buggiest and hardest game to work with under Windows. You are describing the exact same bug which my neighbor suffered from, and we found no cure.

The only way to bypass that was to right click at the bottom of the screen (all your available cards should be placed there), select the option to add them all to the top screen, then remove one by one the cards you don't want until you get the deck you wanted.

Very annoying...
Old 09-03-2006, 07:45 AM   #7
Papawill13

I found out the way to make the cards appear, I dont know if it will if NONE of the cards at the bottom appear, but if you Only have a Blue Water Elemental appearing heres what to do:

Someone said certain Processes in your taskmanager window are the culprit. For me it was AOLDial.exe. Once I shut that down then ran the game everything work perfectly. One person said, for Him, it was this thing called like rundll32 or close to that.

Old 09-03-2006, 12:50 PM   #8
Borodin
Home Sweet Abandonia

Good call. When in doubt, take a look at your task manager and see what tasks can be terminated without adversely affecting your system. In fact, some people make "profiles" for gameplay that at startup eliminate many of the services Windows provides--just so they can free up more memory and eliminate potential conflicts.
Borodin is offline                         Send a private message to Borodin
Old 08-05-2010, 10:21 PM   #9
M.C.

err, in the task manager, close down a program called something like EMC_EC.exe or something along those lines. if it still doesnt work, close the run32.dll (im not in front of my pc, so im unsure of the exact program names). anyhow, youll be able to recognize the programs even though the names ive given you may be slightly off.