Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Troubleshooting
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 21-03-2005, 10:47 PM   #1
RituroErganesti
Unhappy

I just picked up M:TG and, after installing it and the registry updates, the game is running less-than-perfect. I can't get rewards for two-thirds of the quests, there's no option for me to buy the cards in the "Buy Cards" screen, text is either missing or blinks buy on one click, some options in combat aren't available (cancelling tapped land when you cancel casting, for example), and those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.

Was the actual game this buggy, or is there something wrong with the version on the Abandonia site?

Old 21-03-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
Jim6
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via AIM to Jim6 Send a message via Yahoo to Jim6

There is no version here! LOL

It got removed - so you're unlikely to get much feedback about the specific version.
I've got a copy I got off HotU, and it works fine; so it may well be the version, but bear in mind, from what I've seen, games get pretty heavily tested before they appear here.

Jim6 is offline                         Send a private message to Jim6
Old 21-03-2005, 11:21 PM   #3
Chris
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
there's no option for me to buy the cards in the "Buy Cards" screen
the game has many bugs for several reasons. most of them descent from the original version. try to google about it. there are a lot of forums which cope with these issues.

Quote:
cancelling tapped land when you cancel casting, for example
this is a part of the game's rules. you can't untap mana.

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 22-03-2005, 01:04 AM   #4
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
Originally posted by RituroErganesti
I just picked up M:TG and, after installing it and the registry updates, the game is running less-than-perfect. I can't get rewards for two-thirds of the quests, there's no option for me to buy the cards in the "Buy Cards" screen, text is either missing or blinks buy on one click, some options in combat aren't available (cancelling tapped land when you cancel casting, for example), and those are just the ones I remember off the top of my head.
I don't see why you would not get a reward. Sometimes the reward is a Spirit Link which is even better because you have one more HP per fight. You can see your Spirit Link increasing in the main window as a little white cross with a round top edge (if I remember well).

To buy a card press Y after you highlighted the card you want.

There is no option to cancel tapped lands. You just need to be carefull. I don't think it's a bug, by M:TG old standard rules if you tapped something by mistake you could not untap it again. I think this rule still apply in today rules but nobody follow it in casual play.

If you want to play a specific action at a specific time in your turn you need to click on your "boxed scale" to the left at the right time and put a red stop on it so the game stop for you at that time. You can do the same on the computer scale.

So, unless the first problem is a real problem (which I doubt) there is no bugs. At least none that you mentioned.
Old 23-03-2005, 11:51 PM   #5
Rituro Erganesti

Sure enough, the tapped land issue was just my lack of familiarity with the old rules. Whoops! :whistle:

As to the others, thanks for the tips, all of you. Buying cards with the "Y/N" keys works great, quest rewards finally started to come in when I clicked in the correct part of the screen (go figure...), and while I'm still a bit hazy on the spirit link thing, I'll check for that white cross, Eagle of Fire.

Thanks again, everyone! k: Now, fear my Ornithopters and their Unholy Strength! FEAR, I SAY!

Old 14-05-2005, 04:08 PM   #6
Lord_Scather
Forum hobbit

Everyone. Try updating it. I own the original version and it was buggy like hell.

The CPU cheated all the time, took too long to take actions, and several quest/gameplay bugs, too.

Worked fine after update....

(What we really need is a Calvin & Hobbes game)
Lord_Scather is offline                         Send a private message to Lord_Scather
Old 14-05-2005, 04:27 PM   #7
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Mar 22 2005, 03:04 AM
You can see your Spirit Link increasing in the main window as a little white cross with a round top edge (if I remember well).
It's called an ankh - be careful if an enemy wizard attacks a town you have a link to (you can only get them to the ones with names not the anonymous villages) 'cos you'll lose your bonus hitpoint which is essential when attacking the wizards.

There are some display issues with the game, mainly due to runnning under XP when it worked better with Win 95 - the lack of text for some of the quest screens and so on. Anyone know/remember how to save? I can't remember back to when I played it last.

Lure/Basilisk (or Cockatrice) is the way forward I say!
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone