Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2007, 02:05 PM   #31
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Nobody can help you. This game is not a talkie version and therefore does not include voices.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 03-06-2007, 04:15 AM   #32
Dagner Mouse

So nobody is able to help at all with the inncrk.com issue? The one where when you run it it says "Bytes not found!" and does absolutely nothing? Where you never see any freaking screen where you enter any sort of 4 digit code? C'mon, folks, there's got to be SOMEONE out there who knows what's going on, cuz I sure don't, and can't get very far in the game at all. And nobody tell me to run innocent.exe - no matter how I try to run the game outside of DOSBox it tells me I don't have enough Base Memory. Well, okay, if someone knows how to get around that, then by all means instruct me in how to get innocent.exe to run, or to get the game to run at all in Windows XP w/o DOSBox. The link to an "unnofficial DOSBox" might have worked once, but not with the latest .70 release available through the link provided, so it must have been a particular build.

Help? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller? :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Old 03-06-2007, 10:32 AM   #33
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

just run start.bat
Old 03-06-2007, 03:37 PM   #34
Dagner Mouse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 3 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]292752[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
just run start.bat
[/b]
I can:

1. Run DOSBox
2. Run start.bat
3. I am now unable to enter any trains on the subway - cannot proceed in the game or complete it.

or

1. Run DOSBox
2. Run INNCRK.COM
3. Get a message "No Bytes Found!"
4. Run start.bat
5. I am now (still) unable to enter any trains on the subway - cannot proceed in the game or complete it.

or

1. Start a command prompt
2. Run start.bat (or innocent.exe, it doesn't matter)
3. Get a message "Not enough Base Memory."
4. Game will not run

This is what I was trying to describe in my earlier post.
I cannot run the game outside of DOSBox.
I cannot run the game such that I am able to enter trains on the subway, thereby opening up the game for me to play to completion.

Note that none of the ways I have ever run or been able to run the game have ever resulted in any screen being displayed where a set of numbers have to be entered - might this be the problem?

Does anybody have any suggestions or solutions on how to resolve things? BTW, if this is best worked on offline, let me know the best way to get a contact loop set up (is registering the best way?) and I'll be happy to...well...benefit from someone else's greater knowledge and patient assistance, I guess!

Thanks in advance for any time and energies spend reading over this and/or assisting; I greatly appreciate your efforts on my behalf (and on behalf of others who may be experiencing similar issues, although maybe I'm the last in the world...? )!

Old 03-06-2007, 03:55 PM   #35
Dagner Mouse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dagner Mouse @ Jun 3 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]292782[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 3 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]292752[/snapback]
Quote:
just run start.bat
[/b]
I can:
[/b][/quote]

Update: The innocent.ini file in the file on your site has /m+/x+/a+.
I have no idea what a is - it's not documented via IUC /?.
But...if you remove it, then the game starts with the copy protection screen!

So whatever /a+ turns on, you might want to take a look at it and decide if you really want it in the ZIP you provide. Oh - that ZIP also already has 3 saved games at a low rate of progress (1% or so). It looks like at least part of the problem I was having is with the state of the files you make available - it looks like it's already been configured in a way that's not immediately apparent how to undo.

(and of course, no sound in DOSBox or WinXP, so I should probably go back and follow the instructions on an earlier post to correct that, and I will).

But...I still can't get on the trains using my save games (I haven't tried starting over).

Same plea for assistance; same thanks in advance!

Old 03-06-2007, 04:17 PM   #36
Dagner Mouse

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dagner Mouse @ Jun 3 2007, 04:55 PM) [snapback]292787[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Dagner Mouse @ Jun 3 2007, 04:37 PM) [snapback]292782[/snapback]
Quote:
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Jun 3 2007, 11:32 AM) [snapback]292752[/snapback]
Quote:
just run start.bat
[/b]
I can:
[/b][/quote]
Update: The innocent.ini file in the file on your site has /m+/x+/a+.
I have no idea what a is - it's not documented via IUC /?.
But...if you remove it, then the game starts with the copy protection screen!
[/b][/quote]

So my actual solution was:

1. remove the /a+ from innocent.ini
2. follow the directions in post #14 on this thread
3. pay attention when they say "save in the subway station" in order to jump from DOSBox w/sound to WinXP w/o-but-subway-capable.
4. play the game for another couple of hours.

May my experience be instructive and useful to others; if that switch stays in your ini file you'll have issues w/the trains.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:19 AM   #37
UruBoo

I really want to play this game again, after 8 or so years. But I tried every step on this forum and I'm still unlucky. I don't have a file named "inncrk.com" in my IUC folder, only a "crack.com". How can I play it in a Win XP system? Please, help me.

Old 07-06-2007, 06:20 AM   #38
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UruBoo @ Jun 7 2007, 06:19 AM) [snapback]293282[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
I really want to play this game again, after 8 or so years. But I tried every step on this forum and I'm still unlucky. I don't have a file named "inncrk.com" in my IUC folder, only a "crack.com". How can I play it in a Win XP system? Please, help me.
[/b]
DosBox is your answer.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 11-06-2007, 01:56 PM   #39
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Crack.com is likely to be the same thing, just renamed.

Oh, and regarding DOSBox:
A Beginner's Guide to DOSBox

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 27-07-2007, 04:46 PM   #40

The crack.com file won't help me to get on the subway. I remember I had no problems the last time I played IUC (about two years ago) using the same computer. I can't remember if I used dosbox but I sure know I downloaded it from the same source.
I tried most of the tips here without any success.