Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Closed Thread

Old 31-03-2005, 06:29 PM   #21
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Tom Henrik@Mar 31 2005, 11:50 AM
And increases the work of the translators with an umlimited amount.
Not forgetting about the grammar squad's work also...

Anyway this thing will discourage people to review games that aren't reviewd yet...
If i can write a review for Xcom instead of a game waiting to be reviewd ill gladly do it. Hence slowing the game adding precedures. Anyway it will also generate a lot of work for admins coz they have to change the script on the translated sites so that the international admins can c which game has been translated once or twice....

It is a good idea but is it worth the effort?
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 31-03-2005, 06:37 PM   #22
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Exactly. From what I understand, there's a lot of games waiting in line, with only the review missing until they can be uploaded, so maybe the people eager to write should concentrate on new reviews, rather than reviewing the same games over and over again?
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 31-03-2005, 06:55 PM   #23
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

But you guys are forgeting that major Abanodnia's idea is to have quality over qunatity. Also, most of reviews are biast, as people mostly try to get the game they liked or know for a long time.

With multiple review you'll be able to select reviewer with taste simillar to yours and read only his reviews, as hi will probably choose the games simillar to your taste.

Check this official review for AVP2 at game spot:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensve...or2/review.html

and now check users reviews:
http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/aliensve...r2/readers.html

(make sure you have your pop-up blocker on while visiting this site)

Also notice 'Trusted by' note belove avatar for some reviewers.
Rogue is offline                         Send a private message to Rogue
Old 31-03-2005, 06:57 PM   #24
xcom freak
Games Master

I totaly approve of the fact that this is a great idea said it before.....But it has some disadvantages mentionned earlier if these can overlooked i am totally for the idea!
xcom freak is offline                         Send a private message to xcom freak
Old 31-03-2005, 07:03 PM   #25
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

But wouldn't that make the reivews even more BIAS?

IF the game is already up and has a review - will anyone really make a review of a game he/she doesn't care about?
We'll get either reivews saying how great the game is, or those saying huw much the game sucks (might be a quality review, but I doubt anyone will go reviewing a game he/she doesn't feel strongly about).

I suggest we do a list of reviews that NEED re-writing instead. I know some reviews aren't that good (look at what happened with the old Monkey Island review). The old one wasn't good, now we have a different (and better one). Siply because Fawfulhasfury wanted to make a better review (and they used my screenshots). I've no idea anymore who wrote the original review (but there's a translation of it on the Slovene site - so you can compare the size of both reviews - doubt you know enough Slovene to compare the meaning).
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 31-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #26
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by xcom freak@Mar 31 2005, 01:57 PM
I totaly approve of the fact that this is a great idea said it before.....But it has some disadvantages mentionned earlier if these can overlooked i am totally for the idea!
Why all reviews have to be translated?

Only main/official review can be translated, and reader’s reviews should be in language of their choice. (Someone might review the game in their native language, but does not speak English, so why we need to translate it??)

This is multi/language community, but main language is English, so let’s leave it that way.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:04 PM   #27
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Are the reviews that big a part of Abandonia though? I mean, how many people actually do read them?
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 31-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #28
Rogue
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I do, and according to game forums, a lot of users read them.

I also, as you can see read a lot of reviews at GameSpot, just to get other view of some games.

Seba, a lot of games you guys rated high in your review I would done differently as I had play some of them on Amiga. Just option of telling what you think about the game is great. (We done it in forum, but it's not that great place for reviews as next post might be a hate this game, or this game does not work...)

We should have some grading scale, as they have at gamespot, where you earn points / levels by rating the game, writing review, posting in forum, adding more screen shots to the game (this one would be nice, check screen shots section of gamespot), adding even videos of the game play if possible.

But this requier a lot of work to be done, and does not have to be done at once.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:11 PM   #29
xcom freak
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Anubis+Mar 31 2005, 07:04 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Anubis @ Mar 31 2005, 07:04 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-xcom freak@Mar 31 2005, 01:57 PM
Why all reviews have to be translated?

Only main/official review can be translated, and reader’s reviews should be in language of their choice. (Someone might review the game in their native language, but does not speak English, so why we need to translate it??)

This is multi/language community, but main language is English, so let’s leave it that way. [/b][/quote]
The problems with the translations are that in our international admin login we have all the games that are translated and all the games that need to be translated. Thats why we cant put things like 'coming soon' for reviews we havent translated yet coz the counters will get messed up... Its a problem that only Kosta know if its a small or big problem if he could or not fix this.
I support the idea of more than one review coz i disagree with a lot of reviews and dont find them really expressive.
Old 31-03-2005, 07:45 PM   #30
wormpaul
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Send a message via MSN to wormpaul Send a message via Yahoo to wormpaul

Why does people has to have more and more ??

Why cant they be happy with just 1 good thing in life??? :blink: