Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-01-2007, 02:38 PM   #1
Reup
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Feel free to comment and discuss this game here. Also, if you have any useful tips or tricks don't hesitate to share them with the others! Thanks!

Review & download (if available)

Last edited by Luchsen; 25-01-2008 at 03:53 PM.
Reup is offline                         Send a private message to Reup
Old 07-01-2007, 07:31 PM   #2
bobson
Game is over

I remember playing it on my friends Atari ... lots of hours spent with Joe

We had cheat codes for unlimited lives, and we were playing for about 3 days to go thru all of the levels, and on day 3 in the one-from-last level one of us stepped on the power cable ... all was lost
Old 08-01-2007, 12:58 AM   #3

Monty was a great game. There are only 9 levels, after that level nine is repeatet all over again. Level nine ist completely dark, you dont see anything. But we could do it nevertheless back then because we knew it by heart.

This version, however, is total crap. And I want to tell you why:

1.) Monty is shown 1 pixel right to where he actually stands. So he can can be like melting into the wall (not too bad) or not that close to the abyss as he may seem. So be careful when you jump! This led me to some confusion when I wanted to use stairs. You have to stand 1 pixel right to the stairs when you want to use it.

2.) When I say go left, for example, and push the referring button, monty will take one step, wait, think, and then run. So there is a pause of avbout 1 second, before he actually runs as I tell him. We all know why: try and open a text window and push "x" without releasing. It shows one X, and after a short break all the others. Senseful here, but not if there's a skull or a scorpion chasing you.

3.) Jumping is very odd. There are different keys for JUMP, JUMP LEFT and JUMP RIGHT. Just imagine! Terrible!

Old 08-01-2007, 04:39 AM   #4

This was the first game I ever played in my life... I look back at it and I wish I didn't, games have taken away 20 years of my life that I won't get back. You beat a game, and you get absolutely nothing out of it, this random comment might just get deleted, but I'm just speaking my mind, from someone who's still addicted to games, and still plays 4-5 hours a day if not a lot more due to the lack of a social life just because playing that extra level, or staying another hour was more important than going out with the real life friends....

Anyway, stay away from games, it's worse than drugs, it'll rot your mind.

Old 08-01-2007, 02:42 PM   #5
Mousazz
Game freak

um... i have a question for those of higher intelligence (admins, vips, owner, sebatianos like forum chatters...). if you download montezuma return...and please just listen to me... you get montezuma revenge with it? cause i looked at montezumas return files and folders (i had it) and guess... i found new .exe. i started it and it was a game, called montezumas revenge. of course it looked terrible (compared to m. return), but hey guess what... if you waited for m. revenge, i'd say look for m. return <_< ... mg2: :vomit: sorry, sorry, sorry. i should have said that before... but at least i said that now, right?

with news mousazz :bleh:
Mousazz is offline                         Send a private message to Mousazz
Old 08-01-2007, 02:51 PM   #6

Then, burn your pc!

don't want to sound like a smartass but i think i know what you mean... i had times like that too, not 20 years, but maybe 2-3 years (i always played a lot in my life but after splitting up with my girlfriend it got too much, ~10 hours a day)... well, that's quite a difference, i know, 20 years is a bit more... but at least for me it worked. deleted all games from my pc, participated in a sports team and a chess club and slowly, very slowly my social life came back by itself. it's still not like it was, i'm still working on it, but when you don't stay in front of the computer all the time, you rediscover other things to think about and to do, and you learn to talk to other people again, especially in sports clubs etc. because there you've got a subject to talk about... i know it's not easy and it takes time, but my general outlook is that you can always do everything, i think it's never too late... ok, well, i got a feeling that i sounded like a smartass... but anyway, that's my opinion... and you're right, staying away from games is the best choice! good luck to you!

Old 08-01-2007, 02:53 PM   #7
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Montezuma's Return is abandoned according to the list. No worries.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 11-01-2007, 01:40 PM   #8

As a matter of fact, when you download Montezuma's Return, you have a copy of Montezuma's Revenge, too. Start Revenge.exe and you have a DOS-Emulation of the ATARI game. This is, however, a different version and harder to beat. When I had an ATARI back then, I had both versions, beat the first one over and over again but never the other.

You can see the difference in the level structure easily: 1st screen, take key, go right, go down. What do you see?

Version I: Level symmetrically, stairs go down, fire left and right, have to get key and bottom right, no enemies.
Version II: Lots of enemies, level structure very different.

Your character looks slightly different, too. Just have a look at the hat!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:16 AM   #9
bobson
Game is over

Heh, this game is so good, that we have two copies on abandonia :brain:
Old 12-01-2007, 09:53 AM   #10
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

:blink: Eh? Two copies?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman