Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 31-10-2008, 05:49 AM   #1
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Default "Nerds Quibbling over Magic Cards"

Why not I say? and we were ruining what was a pretty cool quotes thread.

Maybe ill start the ball rolling with my hatred of players who are so unoriginal they need to steal awesome combos from mags n such and spend copious ammounts of money rebuilding it so they can wipe the floor with you.

Im sure its been done many times since but I devised all on my lonesome the great fun of my ElfBall deck. Involving Seekers of Skybreak and Priests of Titania for massive mana generation, Nomadic Elves for coloured mana, and then a few Fireball and Drain Life cards chucked in for good measure. Add more elves, a bit of Saproling generation and Overruns. Plus a Stream of Life or two and it was quite a funky deck :thumbs:

Your turn....
ysorian is offline                         Send a private message to ysorian
Old 31-10-2008, 06:55 AM   #2
AlumiuN
Vodka-Induced Entertainment

xD This thread made my day all over again.

Anyway, you want massive mana generation? Viridian Joiner + Umbral Mantle = Infinite Green Mana! Then combo that with a couple of Helix Pinnacles and a Verdeloth the Ancient and et voila - you have spammage and winnage. Combo all of this with some Heritage Druids and other small mana-gen Elves and you can have infinite mana turn 3:

Turn 1: Heritage Druid
Turn 2: Any two one-drop elves, tapping all three to play Viridian Joiner
Turn 3: Umbral Mantle, equipping to Viridian Joiner, playing Helix Pinnacle and putting it up to over 100, and a Verdeloth if you have it.

So, by turn 3, you can have an infinitely big Viridian Joiner and infinite Saprolings so that an aggro deck can't rush you before you win turn 4. :bleh:

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
AlumiuN is offline                         Send a private message to AlumiuN
Old 31-10-2008, 07:23 AM   #3
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN View Post

Anyway, you want massive blahblah generation? Viridian thingy + Umbral whatsit = Infinite Green blahblah! Then combo that with a couple of hohum Pinnacles and a Hoochamajigger the Ancient and et voila - you have spammage and winnage. Combo all of this with some tumpty-tumpty and other small blahblah-gen Elves and you can have infinite blahblah turn 3:

Turn 1: tumpty-tumpty
Turn 2: Any two whatthehellisthat elves, tapping all three to play Viridian thingy.
Turn 3: Umbral whatsit, equipping to Viridian thingy, playing hohum Pinnacle and putting it up to over 100, and a Hoochamajigger if you have it.

So, by turn 3, you can have an infinitely big Viridian thingy and infinite WTH so that an aggro deck can't rush you before you win turn 4. :bleh:
And that's sooo simple, is it?

ROTFLMAO

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 31-10-2008, 07:25 AM   #4
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

Call me old fashioned, but I prefer old Magic cards....

....on PC.
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 31-10-2008, 07:32 AM   #5
AlumiuN

That's not old fashioned, that's Vintage.

Arete, do you play Magic? If not...

Lies are for those who cannot handle the truth, but truth is for those who cannot handle the lies.
Old 31-10-2008, 08:53 AM   #6
arete
If All Else Fails, Play Dead

Nope. That's why I put all the blah and whatsit into it :amused: I'z not a nerd!

Iz sinful:

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, love your enemies, bless those who curse you, do good to those who hate you, and pray for those who spitefully use you and persecute you..."
arete is offline                         Send a private message to arete
Old 01-11-2008, 01:41 AM   #7
ysorian
Uneducated Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumiuN View Post
xD This thread made my day all over again.

Anyway, you want massive mana generation? Viridian Joiner + Umbral Mantle = Infinite Green Mana! Then combo that with a couple of Helix Pinnacles and a Verdeloth the Ancient and et voila - you have spammage and winnage. Combo all of this with some Heritage Druids and other small mana-gen Elves and you can have infinite mana turn 3:

Turn 1: Heritage Druid
Turn 2: Any two one-drop elves, tapping all three to play Viridian Joiner
Turn 3: Umbral Mantle, equipping to Viridian Joiner, playing Helix Pinnacle and putting it up to over 100, and a Verdeloth if you have it.

So, by turn 3, you can have an infinitely big Viridian Joiner and infinite Saprolings so that an aggro deck can't rush you before you win turn 4. :bleh:
I think the only card i recognise there is Verdeloth I gave up on buying cards around the time of the Priests so I'm probably well behind the times.

Hafta say i agree with TheChosen tho, not on the game, but on preferring the older cards. I've got a Beta Edition "Sol Ring" around here somewhere -goes rummaging-
Old 01-11-2008, 08:42 AM   #8
AlumiuN

That would explain it. I started buying cards only about a year ago. In general, older cards are much 'cheaper' (case in point with Sol Ring and Black Lotus ZOMG), although some of the newer ones are becoming better.

Old 02-11-2008, 07:13 PM   #9
ysorian
Uneducated Member

I could be wrong but the newer the cards the easier the game seems to be... i guess they could only become more powerful realistically but some have just gone beyond ridiculous. I cant remember the name of them but those odd blue creatures that caused u to untap the land u just tapped to summon them just didnt make sense to me.
Old 02-11-2008, 08:40 PM   #10
AlumiuN

Yeah, the Lorwyn merfolk were insane. Those damn Reejerys screwed me over at the prerelease.