Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 20-04-2007, 03:25 AM   #1
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

All done by me with the help of a small web site, inspired by a live gathering I participate in the summer. What do you guys think about it?

Of course, about everybody won't get the inside jokes... But overall, is it a good idea? Is there a problem with spelling or some details I should correct to get them as close as possible to real Magic: The Gathering™ cards?
Old 20-04-2007, 08:30 AM   #2
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

That reminds me, I once got idea of making an "Abandonia The Gathering" cards, but since I lack knoweledge of MTG, I passed the idea.

Oh, really cool card EOF. Which one of those are you?
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 20-04-2007, 08:33 AM   #3
wendymaree
Home Sweet Abandonia

It's a ripper idea, EOF. You've done a fantastic job with the cards...beautifully designed. I'd be chuffed to get one of those with my picture and my 'magic' details. Which creature are you?
wendymaree is offline                         Send a private message to wendymaree
Old 20-04-2007, 02:58 PM   #4
Quintopotere
Home Sweet Abandonia

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TheChosen @ Apr 20 2007, 07:30 AM) [snapback]287630[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
That reminds me, I once got idea of making an "Abandonia The Gathering" cards, but since I lack knoweledge of MTG, I passed the idea.
[/b]
That could be a great idea!
And it could be a good theme for the next art competition...
Old 21-04-2007, 03:07 AM   #5
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

I'm the "Kirrev" one... I'm surprised that the name of the creator on the card didn't already give that away. :P

I showed the pseudo cards to friends of mine who knows their salt about M:TG and they pointed out a few mistakes I didn't realize at the time.

Sila Xiang seems to be way too powerfull for some people taste. While I don't agree because she is, after all, tri-color, I might give in to their advice and limit her power to 3 in the same turn or a limit of one of each three colors (blue, green and white) in one given turn.

Dublin ability is way overpowered and, to an extend, broken. This is because I specified that his ability prevent him to get his toughness lower than 0 but without specifying that he must or can stop there, so he could in theory get as much power/1 than you have beers on play, which is not the intended behavior. I either need to specify a limit, or remove the can't get the toughness lower than 0 comment, which would kill him if he would take or be forced to take a beer when he is at one toughness. I think the second option fits better.

Henry Baril ability is broken, for I forgot to specify that he can't switch power and toughness of a creature with 0 power. If this was possible (like for Kirrev, for example), it would effectively kill the creature by turning it to 2/0 if we take the example of Kirrev. To prevent that, I will simply change it to "switch the power and toughness of target creature with power of one or more until end of turn."

I also tough of 3 new cards, but I didn't make them yet for I'm not sure I have the images for them. But they would by like this:

Quote:
Dundee 1BWW

Legendary Creature, Soldier

First strike, can block creatures with fear.
BBB: +3/+2 and trample until end of turn. Bury Dundee at end of turn.
"A warrior of good, trapped in a dark past... 2 / 3[/b]
The reason behind his ability is that he plays a berzeker, but was somehow raised by monks of a good God when he was young so his whole gimmick is to know that he have the power to go on a rampage if he turn berzerk but that it would also destroy him in the process. Bury means that he won't be able to regenerate, thus preventing the over abuse of the ability.

The other two cards are lands.

Quote:
Gods Meeting Circle

Legendary Land

Gods Meeting Circle come in play tapped.
[TAP]: Add one colorless mana to your mana pool.
(6)[TAP]: Search your deck for a legendary creature card of your choice. Reshuffle your library afterward.
Don't cross the respect line. Beleive me, you don't want to make the Gods angry...[/b]
The idea behind this card is to make an inside joke, picturing the shed the GMs use as "headquarter" during play. If you have something of great importance to say to the GMs which would be of great use to them for the continuity of the story line or story arc, oftentime they would introduce an old character of old time (the place I go started 5 years ago) to get us back on track or further the story line or story arc. Thus the reference to the legendary creature seeker.

Quote:
The Tavern

Legendary Land

The Tavern doesn't untap as normal in your untap phase unless you pay (3).
[TAP]: Add a mana of any color to your mana pool.
[TAP]: Create two beer tokens and place them in play on your side. Treat them as artifacts with the following ability: "Sacrifice this artifact to prevent one damage to target creature or player."
The Tavern is a great gathering place. It can be a great place to either start or end a long journey.[/b]
If we go past the fact that the tavern in quest actually physically exist in the LARP and is a great gathering place for many people, it was only logical to create such a card which would match with Dublin ability.

Comments on those new cards are welcome.

Oh, and by the way... If any of you are interested to create their own cards, here is the site I used to make them. You do need to supply the image for the card tough.