Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 13-06-2005, 07:32 PM   #21
JudgeDeadd
Super Freak

Shadow Warrior

I'm imprisonec in jail! Luckily there's a grate in the floor, and I have all my weapons!
I shoot rockets, grenades, sticky bombs etc at the grate for 6 minutes...
Then I find out I just have to open the grate by pressing 'space'...
Old 13-06-2005, 07:53 PM   #22
Flop
Hero Gamer

@Prejudice: He's not a dwarf, they're all gone, remember? But I recall reading somewhere that it is possible to survive if you land in water. Still a bit of a risk to take if you ask me.

Now for my story. Well, it's not actually my story, but one I heard from a guy in a gaming store. I was buying Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen for my Playstation, and the guy said "it's a great game, you won't regret buying it. Just remember that you're supposed to die in the beginning. I restarted 20 times before the cutscene kicked in, believing I had lost the game."

Way to go Sherlock!
Flop is offline                         Send a private message to Flop
Old 14-06-2005, 04:17 AM   #23
Sino
Forum hobbit

Well, I do admit, light speed travel takes a lot of guts, and a lot of stomich stability, I can eat a Horq, horns and all after that, but one of the places I'm not eating at for a while is Monolith Burger. I mean it DID help me destroy a evil CEO/13 year old nerd, but still, the food is completly unenjoyable.
Sino is offline                         Send a private message to Sino
Old 14-06-2005, 06:11 AM   #24
TheGiantMidgit
Abandonia Homie

change your jump in morrowind, it makes the game alot more fun. There's nothing like rocketing into the stratosphere, crossing the entire world in one bound.
TheGiantMidgit is offline                         Send a private message to TheGiantMidgit
Old 14-06-2005, 08:00 AM   #25
Stroggy
Home Sweet Abandonia

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Jun 13 2005, 03:48 PM
Can anyone tell me if you can do it?
You can do it but you need to cast a spell of Slow Fall (or drink a potion of slow fall) in order not to die on impact.
Old 14-06-2005, 08:58 AM   #26
Havell
Home Sweet Abandonia

I managed to do it by using one of the scrolls again when I was about to land, you have to time it right but it saves you from a horrible death :P
As for the water thing, nice idea but you would need a really deep patch of water for that to work.
And that reminds me of Half-Life 1, falling off an amazingly high building into about inch-deep puddle of water and then walking off, completely undamaged :blink:
Havell is offline                         Send a private message to Havell
Old 14-06-2005, 09:00 AM   #27
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Have you seen the HL in an hour speedrun video? He skips all of the outside of Xen by Gauss jumping across the whole level and landing in one of those little healing puddles. Amazing.
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 14-06-2005, 09:08 AM   #28
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

One morning I woke from a really strnge dream about a girl and a map.
I got up and tore some wallpaper off the wall and went in the kitchen to look for the yellow crayon I keep under my sink for just such cases.
I dreaw a map of my dreams on that piece of torn wallpaper and went off to write yet another stupid newspaper article. This time about the two headed squrel. I was completely unaware that the squirel was a collector of alien artifacts. Off course I stole one and took it back to San Francisco with me and it lead me straight to the girl of my dreams.

Anyone remembers this game?
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos