Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 15-03-2007, 01:16 AM   #1
Doctadeth
Forum hobbit

Hi, welcome to my post about runescape.

I am doctadeth, a veteran gamer of many games, including Everquest, Ultima online and of course, runescape. I simply wish to hear your opinions of runescape, why runescape (if it is) is offensive, and what are your ideas for a better runescape?

I have played runescape since 2001, I attended some of the rare item drops, but gave them away. Combat level 100, and lots of GOOD friends who I value their input.

now, I know runescape differs from your everquests and guild wars and WOW, by the simple means of it's NOT client based. It is aimed at casual, less hardcore gamers and those who cannot spend ages trying to get a group.

Jagex offers little customer support, but thats simply because it is a global game with only a few servers. The jagex staff are also in the hundreds, not thousands of people as in sony.
Doctadeth is offline                         Send a private message to Doctadeth
Old 15-03-2007, 03:25 AM   #2
Dillon
Forum hobbit

I like runescape very much, I do not get to play it often though. Its rather fun to play, a nice relaxing and thoughtful online gem.I really like its oldskool 3D look (looks kind of like Alone in the Dark), as well as its midi music. I would like a more helpful map, pointing to where you are in relation to the world---YOU ARE HERE -> .
As well as you can adjust the size of the game screen, I dont like having to adjust the computer screen everytime i play it! I would really enjoy it if it was fullscreen...
Dillon is offline                         Send a private message to Dillon
Old 15-03-2007, 11:55 AM   #3
Tervez
Never Compromise

It is a good game. It might not be as large or fun as WoW, but it's free, and it's client based. I myself had a level 60 character with Full Rune except shield when I quitted.

Ps. Try to use a raw herring on any tree... You will get a funny message.
Tervez is offline                         Send a private message to Tervez
Old 16-03-2007, 06:05 PM   #4
win98
In the loop on hardware.

I used to play it I may start again soon.
win98 is offline                         Send a private message to win98
Old 17-03-2007, 12:09 AM   #5
chainsoar
Master Debater

Ack, I can't stand Runescape. Sorry to anyone who likes it, but I couldn't deal with it at ALL.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dosraider View Post
You click on 'Download this game'.
chainsoar is offline                         Send a private message to chainsoar
Old 17-03-2007, 05:35 PM   #6
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

runescape as itself was good idea i think, but most of community is are little kids who scam, prey beginners and arnt nice to other players at all..and often they are very dumb. of course there are also nice ones, but i found them realy rarely. i think they could expand map and implement some editing in to game, like build your own house or something like that. oh and its also very confusing for newcommers, they could have explained the game better on begining.
Old 18-03-2007, 05:18 AM   #7
Moonypond

I have been playing Runescape since 2004 on and off and I reckon it's pretty good. One of it's most hated points is the graphics but I've heard that they're pretty good for Java. It can be pretty fun when you start but I find it boring now cos it's so hard getting up levels once you're really high on them.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(_r.u.s.s. @ Mar 18 2007, 05:35 AM) [snapback]284013[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
...and implement some editing in to game, like build your own house or something like that...
[/b]
That has already been implemented. They are called "Player Owned Houses" but are members only just like every other update Jagex does.

Ahh, you get what you pay for!
Moonypond is offline                         Send a private message to Moonypond