Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 27-04-2005, 11:54 AM   #1091
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Dunno about that. What I really want is for Proximity nades to have some kind of safety switch on them.

It especially annoying with TFTD if you step on your own nade, it says '-soldier name- is stunned!' and then will not work. At all. It just dies.

Wow there are nearly 1.5k posts! That almost as many as the whole Multiplayer section of the forum!
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 27-04-2005, 05:21 PM   #1092
bahman
Abandonia nerd

I am tired of this crush. Do you have the same problem when you play under xp?
bahman is offline                         Send a private message to bahman
Old 27-04-2005, 07:58 PM   #1093
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

crush? You mean crash?

It happens on all of the systems of the world , ever. And they haven't stopped it.
PrejudiceSucks is offline                         Send a private message to PrejudiceSucks
Old 27-04-2005, 08:31 PM   #1094
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks@Apr 27 2005, 07:58 PM
crush? You mean crash?

It happens on all of the systems of the world , ever. And they haven't stopped it.
Well I meant crash although I wrote crush. Anyway I feel I am crushed when the game crashes many times. By the way do you have this cursh or crash problem too for this specific game under windows XP, when play during night, after having a good dinner and before going to bed, between 9:31:20-11:31:21 and just forget to save the game for a while and find yourself in this situation that you have to redo everything again and again... it especially becomes ridicolous when it happes after finishing a terror mission...
Old 27-04-2005, 09:26 PM   #1095
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

The only bit of a "solution" is to save often, very often.
And keep multiple saved games, so that if one is corrupted for some reason, you'll still have a backup.
Old 27-04-2005, 09:29 PM   #1096
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by bahman+Apr 27 2005, 10:31 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bahman @ Apr 27 2005, 10:31 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-PrejudiceSucks@Apr 27 2005, 07:58 PM
crush? You mean crash?

Well I meant crash although I wrote crush. Anyway I feel I am crushed when the game crashes many times. By the way do you have this cursh or crash problem too for this specific game under windows XP, when play during night, after having a good dinner and before going to bed, between 9:31:20-11:31:21 and just forget to save the game for a while and find yourself in this situation that you have to redo everything again and again... it especially becomes ridicolous when it happes after finishing a terror mission... [/b][/quote]
And this is a reason why is no reload challenge so gigantic pain in a*s...
(btw to sharp) I already finished humans-tech challenge, and went directly on no reload challenge
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 27-04-2005, 09:43 PM   #1097
bahman
Abandonia nerd

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 27 2005, 09:29 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 27 2005, 09:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by bahman@Apr 27 2005, 10:31 PM
<!--QuoteBegin-PrejudiceSucks
Quote:
@Apr 27 2005, 07:58 PM
crush? You mean crash?

Well I meant crash although I wrote crush. Anyway I feel I am crushed when the game crashes many times. By the way do you have this cursh or crash problem too for this specific game under windows XP, when play during night, after having a good dinner and before going to bed, between 9:31:20-11:31:21 and just forget to save the game for a while and find yourself in this situation that you have to redo everything again and again... it especially becomes ridicolous when it happes after finishing a terror mission...
(btw to sharp) I already finished humans-tech challenge, and went directly on no refreshing challenge [/b][/quote]
No you misunderstood my problem. I mean, I normally save every other second durng the game or battle once everything goes wrong. The problem is that sometimes everything goes find for half an hour or so, then you just get so busy with game that you forget to save and suddenly the game crashes .
Old 27-04-2005, 09:45 PM   #1098
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by bahman+Apr 27 2005, 11:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (bahman @ Apr 27 2005, 11:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Apr 27 2005, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
crush? You mean crash?

(btw to sharp) I already finished humans-tech challenge, and went directly on no refreshing challenge
No you misunderstood my problem. I mean, I normally save every other second durng the game or battle once everything goes wrong. The problem is that sometimes everything goes find for half an hour or so, then you just get so busy with game that you forget to save and suddenly the game crashes . [/b][/quote]
I understood it perfectly. :blink:
It is VERY annoying part of UFO
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 28-04-2005, 06:36 AM   #1099
PrejudiceSucks
Above-Par

Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard+Apr 27 2005, 09:45 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lizard @ Apr 27 2005, 09:45 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by bahman@Apr 27 2005, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
crush? You mean crash?

(btw to sharp) I already finished humans-tech challenge, and went directly on no refreshing challenge

No you misunderstood my problem. I mean, I normally save every other second durng the game or battle once everything goes wrong. The problem is that sometimes everything goes find for half an hour or so, then you just get so busy with game that you forget to save and suddenly the game crashes .
It is VERY annoying part of UFO [/b][/quote]
It certainly is. I have never really got over it. You just have to save pretty much all of the time, which breaks the flow of the game. I even save just before I send anyone out of the Skyranger or whatever and save twice on the first turn too.

If you lose your best squad to a corrupted save, trust me, you WILL be pissed off.

Also, what is the record for the highest amount of quotes used?

P.S. This issue may have been resolved already, but if there is a proxy nade ANYWHERE on the map, then save your game and load it. Every single proximity grenade will go.

Sadly, it also takes out all of the useful ones too (I scatter tham around my landing craft as soon as everyone has gotten out of it)
Old 28-04-2005, 06:51 AM   #1100
Student
Angry

Quote:
Originally posted by PrejudiceSucks+Apr 28 2005, 06:36 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (PrejudiceSucks @ Apr 28 2005, 06:36 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Lizard@Apr 27 2005, 09:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by bahman@Apr 27 2005, 11:43 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
crush? You mean crash?

It is VERY annoying part of UFO
It certainly is. I have never really got over it. You just have to save pretty much all of the time, which breaks the flow of the game. I even save just before I send anyone out of the Skyranger or whatever and save twice on the first turn too.

If you lose your best squad to a corrupted save, trust me, you WILL be pissed off.

Also, what is the record for the highest amount of quotes used?

P.S. This issue may have been resolved already, but if there is a proxy nade ANYWHERE on the map, then save your game and load it. Every single proximity grenade will go.

Sadly, it also takes out all of the useful ones too (I scatter tham around my landing craft as soon as everyone has gotten out of it) [/b][/quote]
Over quoted