Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-08-2011, 10:50 PM   #351
Cycieties (not logged in)

Quote:
Originally Posted by forgot my UN View Post
for some reason i cant get SP to work in dosbox, i got it to work once or twice on xp but i dont know how (i know i used dosbox) i downloaded form hotud.org but when i load it the mouse click doesnt register i can press esc to skip the tutorial and move the mouse but clicking the mouse does nothing, any1 know whats wrong?
I suggest redownloading from Abandonia since it's a far more reliable site and its dl may not have the problems in your download.

Old 09-09-2011, 07:32 PM   #352
lonefox

does anyone know how to speed up time in this game. i seem several references to it but no instructions.
Any help?
lonefox is offline                         Send a private message to lonefox
Old 18-09-2011, 03:32 PM   #353
Al-Ibrahim

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonefox View Post
does anyone know how to speed up time in this game. i seem several references to it but no instructions.
Any help?
Just press number keys on the keyboard. 5 is for fastest.
Al-Ibrahim is offline                         Send a private message to Al-Ibrahim
Old 18-12-2011, 10:11 AM   #354
Experiment632

Timeline for World War III

November 1990: (A)Soviet Union Condemns China (B)China Condemns USSR. (C): Soviet Union attempts to sabotage Chinese economy. (D) USA opens Diplomatic Channels with China and is allowed to deploy troops, staving off potential Sino-Soviet conflict that likely would have gone nuclear.

December 1990: (A)Chinese Communism proves over past month to be compatible with Western Capitalism. By the time negotiations are concluded, Chinese stats are; 1.0000 on police state, 1.0000 on ambition, 6.0000 on ethic, 6.0000 on peace, etc. (B)Statements of Condemnation from both China and United States cripples Soviet leadership ability to get anything done.

March 1991: United States blocks all trade with the Soviet Union.

April 14, 1991: World War III begins. I staged a four-pronged invasion of the Soviet Union from Norway, Turkey, China, and Japan. Norway and Iceland sent troops to assist. Sadly China remained neutral in conflict. Since the Soviet Union was no longer a member of the Soviet Union World Team Alliance thanks to the coup, North Korea and its nearly one million strong remained neutral in the conflict. My polls drop to 53%

April 25, 1991: Over half the Red Army is beaten. The Soviet Union refuses to surrender. My polls drop to 35%

May 4, 1991: Most of the Red Army is gone. Only 900,000 remain. My popularity is down to 25%. I demand the Soviet Union's surrender: They comply. My polls shoots up to 65% and doesn't drop again. The Soviet Union is occupied by the United States and ideology is set to Capitalism

Currently I have saved the game and am taking a break. Overall Plan for Soviet Union: (A)1.0000 on police state, 1.0000 on ambition, 6.0000 on ethic, 6.0000 on peace, Quality of Life at least 75%, etc. (B)Maintain an occupation force until no earlier then the start of 1992 when the Soviet Union's official stats should be officially reset to friendly. At that time they should be ready for a return to sovereignty.

Last edited by Experiment632; 26-12-2011 at 05:30 PM.
Experiment632 is offline                         Send a private message to Experiment632
Old 18-12-2011, 10:24 AM   #355
Experiment632

Possible Bug?: My available troop level has reached zero. However I was still somehow able to place slightly over 2 million troops into multiple territories. The troop increase did slow after reaching zero available but still went up. I had an average of 1.5 million EACH in Turkey, Saudi Arabia, Israel, Norway, Japan, South Korea, and China. And the numbers still kept going up.

Also what is up with Chinese Communism being compatible with Western Capitalism unlike Communism elsewhere? Could it have something to do with the fact they are part of the Soviet Union World Team Alliance?

Also... is it possible to edit the game so the United States is communist and part of the Soviet Union World Team Alliance?
Experiment632 is offline                         Send a private message to Experiment632
Old 26-12-2011, 05:25 PM   #356
Experiment632

Conflict list in my current game, as well as post-war popularity polls.

Cuban War July-August 1990: Cuban Defeat Polls up to 60%

World War III March 24-May 2 1991: Soviet Defeat Polls up to 70%

2nd Korean War May 7-May 9 1991: N. Korea Defeat Polls up to 78% (N. Korea already lost 80% of its military during WWIII so US reinforcements weren't needed in S. Korea. S. Korea as the larger force took control of the north)

Operation Desert Storm: June 13, 1991: Iraq beaten Polls up to 99%.
Old 17-01-2012, 04:00 AM   #357
experiment 632
Default Nationalist Cold War?

Well this is something totally new to me. The United States World Team Alliance is THE only WTA in existence right now so 1993 will be a pretty quiet year with the US more powerful then OTL. With Communism pretty much destroyed in World War Three, it seems Nationalists are considered to be at odds with Capitalists. I am thinking a possible new Cold War with USA Versus India once India upgrades to Super Power status.

India has been increasing militarily and at anytime they could start constructing nuclear weapons. Have you reached a point in the game in which India starts building it nuclear arsenal?

Anticipated India WTA membership:
India, Bangladesh, Papua New Guinea, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, Guatemala, Algeria, Poland, Czechoslovakia, and a few other countries.

In order to prevent a possible threat Indian Threat close to American soil, I decided to take preemptive action by toppling the Nationalist Government in Mexico. First I killed Mexican nuclear spending with a surgical strike followed by a ground invasion which last 12 days before Mexico surrendered. My polls dropped from 75% to 52% during the invasion. After the US Marines marched a second time through the Halls of Montezuma, my polls shot up to 77% then went to 78%.

Old 22-01-2012, 05:16 AM   #358
Experiment632

Default Alternate Persian Gulf Wars

1: OTL--You know the story. Iraq takes Kuwait, US slowly builds up, US attacks Iraq between February-April 1991

2: US-Iraq Alliance--Assist Saddam in his conquests. Sadly polls drops from 52% to -48% with very swift impeachment the same day as Kuwaiti defeat. Guess that was deliberately hardcoded into the game.

3: Defense of Kuwait--Immediately assist Kuwait by sending in troops. I made two attempts. One my polls dropped too far down in only a few days, the other time my polls held for a month before dropping. Maybe I should have started building up in both Saudi Arabia AND Kuwait from the very start.

4: Nuclear Response--The moment Saddam invades Kuwait, I respond with nuclear weapons. My polls fall a good deal but not near low enough for impeachment on the spot. However France or China are likely to nuke me as well, earning a nuclear strike from the UK. I am dead or impeached by mid-August.

5: Neutral At First--I plan to just pull my forces out of the Middle East and let Saddam conquer the Middle East, minus Israel hopefully. About all I will do is make sure my CIA spending there is high. After Iraq has become powerful, I finally get involved by sponsoring a coup to overthrow Saddam, which should result in every state under Iraqi control becoming Capitalist as well. Might be fun having "Super" Iraq on the United States World Team Alliance. This is the only scenario listed that I have not yet tried.
Old 15-07-2012, 08:33 PM   #359
str4ng3r
Lurker

Default Waaazzzuupppp...

I re-found this game and i'm having a blast.

However when today i tried to launch a surgical strike against a rogue country, the game crashed!

I downloaded it from abandonia and i'm running dosbox 0.74 for ubuntu (although i'm running the Mint 12 distribution).

Do any of you know how to correct this problem?

Cheers... and... let's get back to the memory lane, and do everything to not issue a surgical strike.
str4ng3r is offline                         Send a private message to str4ng3r
Old 27-07-2012, 02:36 AM   #360
Experiment632

Okay, I have decided to place some of the progress of my latest game. The Year is 1995. The Soviet Union still exists and is still Communist. The U.S. decided not to stop Iraq from conquering half the Middle East. However after Iraq had taken Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, & Jordan, the U.S. sponsored a successful Coup 'd Etat in Iraq and its holdings. Iraq became Capitalist and was allowed to keep its gains. With U.S. help, Iraq took over Iran. In 1993, a shakeup in the Soviet Union caused them to temporarily abandon their own World Team Alliance despite still being communist. Taking advantage of this, the U.S. and South Korea invaded North Korea. The Second Korean War lasted about three weeks after which the North surrendered. Due to having more troops in the invasion, South Korea took control of North Korea. In 1994, several nations in Africa became Capitalist though rebel takeovers and wars.

Countdown To World War III: In June 1994, the Soviet Union attempted once again took political action again Japan and successfully sabotaged their economic assets. After determining it was virtually impossible to use covert espionage and due to the USSR's persistent action against Japan for the past 4 years, the U.S. decided to take military action by launching several surgical strikes against the Soviets. Miraculously, the only major Soviet response was a single surgical strike against the U.S. which failed. Nuclear war was averted however Soviet aggression increased. They committed more covert ops for the rest of the year against nations such as France, Japan, Eygpt, South Korean-controlled NK, etc. They successfully launched a Coup 'd Etat in Tunisia in November '94. During January 1995, the Soviets launched a surgical strike against Israel, prompting a successful Israeli sabotage against them. The U.S. responded by placing a full trade embargo against the Soviet Union. The next few months, the U.S. increased their troop deployments in nations bordering the Soviet Union as well as nations bordering those nations. On May 1, 1995, a massive fleet of Soviet warships and full loaded amphibious assault craft are spotted in route to Japan. The Third World War was about to begin...

The Third World War: 1995

World War III continues, despite this U.S.A. Quality of Life is still at 100%

While Soviets can stack more troops to a territory, mine are more well trained

U.S. is clearly in the lead in regards to military power

I can see this conflict continuing into 1996--Unless someone decides to pop a nuke

Soviet Invasion of Japan is entering its fifth month

Allied Attack on the Soviet Union continues

Despite not being Communist, Angola is at odds with the U.S. and has Soviet-backing

Current WTA setup -- Clearly the enemy is virtually surrounded now

Capitalism is definitely expanding while Communism & Centralism are declining

I am thinking this is now the largest deployment of U.S. troops since the Second World War

I am sure it is only a matter of time before the Soviets max out their deployments and attack U.S. interests

Allied Holdings

Iraq: Kuwait (1990), Saudi Arabia & Jordan (1991), & Iran (1992) Persian Gulf Crisis, U.S.-Sponsored Coup 'd Etat, & Second Iran-Iraq War

South Korea: North Korea (1993) Second Korean War

Liberia: Ivory Coast (1994) Liberia-Ivory Coast War

Zaire: Congo (1994) Congo War

Libya: Chad, Niger, & Algeria (1994) Libyan Territorial Disputes

Gabon: Equatorial Guinea (1995) Part of World War Three

Italy: Tunisia (1995) Part of World War Three

Greece: Bulgaria (1995) Part of World War Three

Negotiations & Coup 'd Etat

India is now on U.S.A. WTA for the rest of year -- Very useful setup against Soviet-backed China

Not much to look at but every additional soldier counts

Now a former Soviet ally is fighting for me! May help Ethiopia get back at Somalia for invading them in 1990

Active Combatants of World War Three--Could expand at anytime
U.S.A. WTA
United States, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, Turkey, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Romania, Norway, Zaire, Libya, Italy, Greece, & Gabon
Soviet WTA & Soviet-backed
Soviet Union, Afghanistan, Bulgaria, Tunisia, Equatorial Guinea, & Angola (Also launched surgical strikes on China & Cuba)

U.S.A. Casualties: 183,918
Soviet Casualties: 899,910