Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 14-04-2005, 05:24 PM   #81

Well, I've played the game a coupla times now.

First daughter was an experiment, didn't know all the options and finesses of the game. She became a... tutor. That's the job I let her do the most because it paid the most! She married a wizard.

Next daughter was a hit! Ever since I learnt that adventuring is the key to the game and easy money, I let her do that the most often. She became a Hero, just like her dad. She married a knight.

With the third daughter I tried to give her more skills than just fighter skills. She became Commander of the Royal Guard. She married a knight, again.

Fourth daughter: more different skills, more class and refinement, more sex-appeal... She became a Hero all the same. Married a knight. Guess I shouldn't have let her beat that God of War?

Fifth daughter: again tried to expand her repertoir. She became a Knight in the Royal Guard! Married a knight....

I'm good at raising military females, it seems. :Titan:

Old 14-04-2005, 06:33 PM   #82
Spookyfish
Game freak

Hehe ... The first daughter I raised became a general who lead from the front... But as I never sent her to any brainy schooling, she wasn't very clever, and was so unsuitable to lead :whistle:... Ended up being shot down at the battlefield. Married a knight. Oh, and in the letter she sent me, it said that she hated me. Not literally, but that was its meaning .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 14-04-2005, 06:39 PM   #83
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Spookyfish@Apr 14 2005, 07:33 PM
Hehe ... The first daughter I raised became a general who lead from the front... But as I never sent her to any brainy schooling, she wasn't very clever, and was so unsuitable to lead :whistle:... Ended up being shot down at the battlefield. Married a knight. Oh, and in the letter she sent me, it said that she hated me. Not literally, but that was its meaning .
Wow!!! :eeeeeh:
Even when I raised the Dark Queen which married Prince of Darkness she didnt said she hate me(well she said I am fool, and few other nice things..... :angel: )
Respect! What you did her?
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 14-04-2005, 07:59 PM   #84
Spookyfish
Game freak

I didn't think I did anything special, but... Well, she summed it up as the following: the only thing she liked about her upbringing was that she was brought up healthy. That's it. The rest was all "you never let me do anything fun", "always told me what to do", "I hated swordfighting", stuff like that. It made me depressed the rest of the evening, but I thought it was a comic relief that she was shot down in a battle though. I probably hired the guy who did it .

But it does make me question my ability as a parent

Ah well. I wanted the next one to be a painter, yes, I WANTED her to be a painter, but NO, she wanted to be a DANCER so she could lose to her rival every single time when she could win the art contest at an age of 13. Plus, this one runs away too often :angry:.

I must be an incredibly bad parent .
Spookyfish is offline                         Send a private message to Spookyfish
Old 14-04-2005, 08:26 PM   #85
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

They don't run away if you include a third vacation or spare time, which is usually enough to lower their stress level to zero. Of course that means you'll have a third less time to teach her.
Old 14-04-2005, 08:30 PM   #86
Spookyfish
Game freak

That's what I do. If stress is over 10 or something, she runs away :blink:

I liked my first best... She could tolerate over thirty, and she never ever ran away. Weird.
Old 15-04-2005, 01:01 AM   #87
Microprose Veteran

The amount of stress is secondary.

I read that if she doesn't do a job well and doesn't get paid for that reason, that is why she becomes rebellious.

Sent her to work in church regularly at the start. Now I never have runaway problems. :angel:

Old 15-04-2005, 07:02 AM   #88
another_guest
Abandonia Homie

Ah yes, it could be a case of confusing "cause and effect". Since failing to do a job properly would result in high stress levels, I always attributed all problems to stress.
I also think her birth date plays an important role: after all some zodiacal signs give her a rather unstable character in the game, or at least that's what I read in an in-depth FAQ.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:03 AM   #89
Spookyfish
Game freak

Yeah, I read that too. My first daughter had the same birth-date as her father, and myself in real life. Guess my birthdate is blessed. Some of the dates increase stress by 2 at the end at every month so you can't ever have 0 stress, but most of them alter the child's initial stats and abilities.
Old 15-04-2005, 09:23 PM   #90

HAHAHA! Mad Eddy is so funny
"Bwahahaha, here you go! 100,000G, bwah ha..."
If only everybody can be like that