Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 19-02-2006, 03:13 PM   #81
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Nice, I really like Mux!
It sounds really...
Dunno, just sounds weird and I like it.
Enjoyed the others too, you're making some good stuff!

Really man, you got talent.

@Seb - It sounds like that because that's largely how Electronica and Techno plays. That's kinda what attracts people to it, it largely builds up and gets more intense as it goes on.

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-02-2006, 03:27 PM   #82
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Blood-Pigggy@Feb 19 2006, 06:13 PM
@Seb - It sounds like that because that's largely how Electronica and Techno plays.
Thanks for explaining that. I had no idea what real electronic music sounds like, becaue I've never heard of great masters of it (like Mike Oldfield or Vangelis, but if you really wish newer people Robert Miles, ) and I also slept through the 90s, so I've no clue what techno is (you mean old school house like DJ Pierre, Something like Sven Vath or Carl Cox, Tom Wilson, or something more like DJ Quicksilver, Sash!, Fatboy Slim).

Well, the songs that are up there now are more of the same (except for the song Gabi, which does stand out just a little bit) and sory to say, not very original. I'm sure it's great stuff to roll in clubs as the backgroud soundeffects to half crazed high-on-ex teens, but to listen to more then three tracks at the same time would simply be too much.

Muxi in fact reminded me a lot on The Abyss (by The Phantom). Sorry man, but for me it's the early volumes of Techno Tracks all over again.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-02-2006, 03:29 PM   #83
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Send a message via MSN to Playbahnosh

I'm really proud of Mux myself. I used all the usable samples in Techno eJay I could to make it. The bass drum is fluent and it is on most of the time providing a base, a feeling of continuity. I put in two unexpected very sharp brakes (the one with the cricket sound and the other one with the girl saying "brake"), I think it give some variety. I tried to mix the pads and the leads to blend together and another time to differ a lot. I think I achieved that weird feeling I wanted

@Seb

Sorry dude but this is what Dance eJay 2 and Techno eJay 2 has to offer, I done what I could to make them sound cool, sorry if I missed the bus. But then again, make better ones if you can :bleh:

I just started in FL Studio so I'm not working with premade samples anymore, but thats what makes it even more harder to come up with decent tunes. Gabi stands out because that (and Feel!) was now made in FL Studio...

Sorry to hear that this kinda music not your piece of cake...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

BEWARE: I'm using the forums as a personal blog!
Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 19-02-2006, 03:31 PM   #84
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

I really enjoyed all the effects in Mux, like the radio chatter, and the crickets and etc.
Really great job with it, I enjoyed it alot.

@Seb - It hardly seems like your criticism is constructive, and you just seem to be putting Play down.
You're being really harsh right now, and I don't even see your point, it sounds good, and I wanna listen to it, so I don't really feel more of a need to comment.

My Site -
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 19-02-2006, 03:37 PM   #85
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

@Pigggy

:Brain: hurray, my first fan I feel happier than life now, thanks dude I will upload some more shortly stay tuned...

"Don't fight the bad things in life! Find the good one! They are everywhere! Don't spend your life fighting for goals you can never reach! Live for the moment!"

Playbahnosh is offline                         Send a private message to Playbahnosh
Old 19-02-2006, 03:38 PM   #86
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Quote:
Originally posted by Playbahnosh@Feb 19 2006, 06:29 PM
I just started in FL Studio so I'm not working with premade samples anymore, but thats what makes it even more harder to come up with decent tunes. Gabi stands out because that (and Feel!) was now made in FL Studio...

Sorry to hear that this kinda music not your piece of cake...
Well, I listen to music objectivly (meaning I can like something a lot and still critisize it). I don't like everything that has quality and most definetly some things I do like have no quality at all...
To stop using premade samples is a step in the right direction. Can't you make some samples on your own (maybe not even with a computer, but simply record them with a microphone)? That would certainly add to originality, otherwise it's just the matter of rearanging something, that has already been heard.

@Piggy:
Well, Play seems to be a bit more then simply a user of music making tools. He's trying to make something good, so I don't want to be so shallow to just say - I like it, or not my cup of tea.
Sebatianos is offline                         Send a private message to Sebatianos
Old 19-02-2006, 04:05 PM   #87
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Well try to be more precise with your comments then.
Just don't say "It's not original" or "It doesn't sound right".

I liked the sound effects for example, so he might want to keep those, but I don't think you're giving him enough points to improve on.

My Site -
Old 19-02-2006, 04:30 PM   #88
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 19 2006, 05:38 PM
Can't you make some samples on your own (maybe not even with a computer, but simply record them with a microphone)?
@Seb

FL Studio has a huge range of instruments, effect pads and filters built into it. I just started to discover all the features it has and only using a small portion of it, it has more buttons, switches, knobs and gizmos than on a space shuttle. Ask Tulac, he has experience with FL Studio. You can also download the demo, go take a look, let's see if you can actually make music with it k: I'm not mocking you, just wanted you to see how insanely hard to come up with decent tunes while NOT using the built in sequences.

Recording with microphone? Like what? I don't have any instruments in the dorm (sadly). Though I can play keys(piano, synthetizer, organ) well, learned for 4 years. If I had a decent microphone (I only have one attached to my headset) I could go out and record some stuff....BUT... I can't sing I don't have a great voice therefore I never made a song with lyrics in it. I was wondering if I could actually make a song with lyrics using Speech Synthetizer in FL Studio, but that would be insanly hard to make it sound reasonable. In case you wondering, yes there is MY voice on the song Feel! the "feeeeeeel..." voice is mine, added some reverb, some delay, flanger and viola, a nice voice effect

Old 19-02-2006, 04:35 PM   #89
Sebatianos
[BANNED]

Just downloading it (but I've no idea when I'll actually make something with it - really pressed for time right now).
Old 19-02-2006, 04:38 PM   #90
Playbahnosh
The Peacemaker

Quote:
Originally posted by Sebatianos@Feb 19 2006, 06:35 PM
Just downloading it (but I've no idea when I'll actually make something with it - really pressed for time right now).
It's not a race dude, take it easy k:

Also, you can register to AcidPlanet and upload yer songs, and rate mine :whistle:
with enough rates my songs could get on the charts That would be soooo sweeeeeet