Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Music, Art, Movies
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 07-04-2005, 04:39 AM   #81
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah no kidding, there's no worry about a company telling you what to do, what to wear, all that sort of stuff, great stuff comes out of the underground. Especially with the way the music industry is going now, it's just annoying for me some of the stuff that's getting put out, just to make a profit, not for skill or talent, like it usually used to be.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-04-2005, 05:02 AM   #82
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Exactly, back in the old days if anyone had written a song that was good enough to be popular then they would produce it, no problems. Now it's all about image with Britney Speares and the others that are like her.

And it's amazing what they are saying is punk. They are telling all these 13 year olds that Good Charlotte, Simple Plan and Blink 182 are punk, but I have to say it doesn't like any punk that I've heard of.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-04-2005, 05:18 AM   #83
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

Yeah no kidding, now we see people like Hilary Duff and Lindsey Lohan essentially buying their way into the industry to sing songs, that they had no role in producing most of the songs (Or heck they do cover songs), so they just sing there songs, and earn their cash which earns the companies cash and the public eats it up, it's sad that there are few artists still in the industry who are still in it for the music.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 07-04-2005, 05:27 AM   #84
Marek
Abandonia nerd

I think its absolutely pitiful the state of the music world today!!! :angry: :angry:

Here's my list of Fav's:

Harder Stuff I like...

Sheep on Drugs, k: k: k: k: k:
Ministry/RevCo/Lard, k: k:
Prodigy,
Marilyn Manson,
D.A.F.
Battery 9,
Wumpscutt,
Laether Strip...
(and plenty others)

Softer Stuff I like...
Queen,
Eagles,
Bob Dylan,

Reggae...
Bob Marley,
UB40...
Marek is offline                         Send a private message to Marek
Old 07-04-2005, 05:59 AM   #85
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Marek@Apr 7 2005, 07:27 AM
Wumpscutt,
Laether Strip...
Now that's more my kind of music.

This topic makes me wish we had the "what are you listening to now" thread back...

*me is listening to Steelrose the whole morning to get awake*
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 07-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #86
Iron_Scarecrow
Home Sweet Abandonia

Well I'm listening to Time In Malta - Fused as One.

I think there is another band called Time In Malta that may be quite popular, but I am talking about the Hardcore Punk band Time In Malta, which isn't quite as popular.
Iron_Scarecrow is offline                         Send a private message to Iron_Scarecrow
Old 07-04-2005, 06:08 AM   #87
Marek
Abandonia nerd

Glad to hear it... k:

Most people have never even heard of Wumpscutt or Laether Strip.

I think I must move to Germany, I'd fit in over there :bye:
Old 07-04-2005, 06:17 AM   #88
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

Hehe. Well, rivetheads are considered weirdos here just the same as anywhere else. Years ago Wumpscut was all over the media, because two "satanists" who killed another guy apparently used to listen to it. It's mindboggling how they drew a connection there.
Mad-E-Fact is offline                         Send a private message to Mad-E-Fact
Old 07-04-2005, 06:31 AM   #89
Marek
Abandonia nerd

Yes its amazing how people make those sort of connections...

I assume Rivetheads are people who listen to this sort of Industrial stuff and with the PVC, latex, studds etc...

If so then that is the best and most descriptive word I've ever heard for it!!! k:

Unfortunately there is really only one descent nightclub left in the country where we can go but its like an Hours drive from where we are.

Zeplins

But every now and then my wife and still get all dressed up and go out...
Old 07-04-2005, 02:50 PM   #90
Mad-E-Fact
Games Master

They have a nice photo on that site with the gloomy lighting and the moon above. What country is this though?

We used to have a nice club in my city, they always played wave/ebm on one area, and house on another. Since all my friends listen solely to house, and I'm the only one with a somewhat more varied taste in music, that was a cool opportunity to stay in touch with both "scenes". However, the club has been re-opened this year, and now it's only house/hip-hop, which really takes the atmosphere from the location, as the hip-hop audience is, well... not the kind of people I like to be around.