Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Gaming Zone
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 26-06-2007, 02:54 AM   #81
Burger Meister
Om Teh Nom Noms

I can't admit it's difficult to play FPS, because it isn't and it's not impossible to play rts games. Ever see C&C 3 or LOTR BFM 2 on xbox 360? They both work fine. Sure it's way easier to play with a mouse for rts games, it's still very fun to do it with a controller. I remember starcraft 64 (for n64 duh) and it had splitscreen co-op, competetive, etc... best game I've played on 64. They need those on more consoles.
Burger Meister is offline                         Send a private message to Burger Meister
Old 29-06-2007, 07:22 PM   #82
12turtle12
Game freak

I have a slightly higher than middle of the road comp, and it really sucks when I buy a game that should
work, and doesn't, or a newer game that I'm not sure if it'll run or not, and it works fine w/ no glitches.
Don't know if that's because of XP or not, but that's why I'm getting a 360 - for gaming.
As far as FPS horror games goes, I haven't played many. I really liked Silent Hill and Resident Evil franchises (?) but they could use a little re-vamping. One game I played, I think off this site, was based on some kind of D&D rules and you were trapped in a valley w/ a Master Vampire or whatever who controlled everything. Crappy graphics, but it was old, but it was a good game. I did have to use the walkthrough a couple times to figure out what to do though. The only FPS horror I can think of off the top of my head that I've played is Doom 3, and I only played a little of the expansion.
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 27-09-2007, 04:27 PM   #83
mglsharkson

Some horror games I finish this year or close to it -

Realms of the Haunting - lot of fun, work fine on my XP, worth buying (anybody want to buy mine?) because of the cut scenes and story background. I needed the walk through on occasion to get past some roadblocks. The monster battles are a lot of fun.

The Thing - Just got this game, really like the fear and trust elements of the game. My team members can suddenly morph into the thing or freak out from fear and attack me or even "off" themselves! Too bad the replay value is low - I like to see more of this idea in FPS games.

Quake 4 - good game, -good graphics / story line / single player challenge, I need to get back and finish this game. Got stuck at the convoy ambush run.

Painkiller - just waves of critters shooting in a Gothic setting, like the boss battles with oversize monsters. Lotta mindless fun.

Doom 3 Hell on Earth add on - more mindless fun in the evil setting. Also played different mods and original Doom shareware redone with Doom 3 engine. That was a blast, bum it was too short! ID should redo Doom & Doom 2 with the laster engine and sell it! I would buy it!

Kiss Psycho Circus - Doom clone, bargain bin, unreal engine, needed to cheat a few times so many critters, like it!

Suffering - Fun and twisted, the game had a good story line and got better the more you played. When you are done check out the "easter egg" raven at the end of the game (which shows you the deleted beginning and why it was drop!). Needed the walk thru a few times, monster battles tough but not unreasonable. Had to watch on you tube alt. endings since I did not want to play thru again.

HL with Hearts of Evil mod - played this a LONG time ago, decided to try it again! It's just a lot of cheap fun!

MGL
Old 27-09-2007, 10:12 PM   #84
12turtle12
Game freak

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Burger Meister @ Jun 24 2007, 09:58 PM) [snapback]296168[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
If you have an xbox 360, get either Condemmed (seriously scariest game I've ever played) or you can get fear (not as scary, but really fun).
[/b]
oh, btw - I think both of those are for regular xbox as well, you just can't get the achievements <_<
12turtle12 is offline                         Send a private message to 12turtle12
Old 27-09-2007, 10:27 PM   #85
Blood-Pigggy
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Whee! Thread resurrection!

My Site -
http://sites.google.com/site/eyenixon
Blood-Pigggy is offline                         Send a private message to Blood-Pigggy
Old 28-09-2007, 12:17 AM   #86
gufu1992
Inscrutable annoying boss

Send a message via MSN to gufu1992

Old 28-09-2007, 08:21 AM   #87
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

(extinguishes Gufu's head with a water hose)
It's old, but not quite old enough to be undead. No shovel for it.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 28-09-2007, 08:06 PM   #88
Forfeit
Forum hobbit

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(UnHoly @ Jan 22 2007, 06:41 PM) [snapback]276046[/snapback]</div>
Quote:
Try Nosferatu: The Wrath of Malachi. It's got a great gothic atmosphere, really spooky. And the music, it's truly one of the best soundtracks i heard in computer game. Sometimes the game scared me almost to death. If you like classic horror movies like Dracula etc. you will love this game. It has got some minor bugs in graphic and the engine, but when you got sucked you don't look at them.

Another nice title is Thief: The Dark Project. Maybe it's not a pure horror, but it has some scary levels like haunted cathedral.
[/b]
Oh yes, I was going to talk about Nosferatu. Its an awesome game, and pretty creepy. The graphics arent that good, but the mood and atmosphere definitaly are.

And yes, it scared me too, a lot. Not only monsters spook you all the time, but your character is so weak that facing monsters is a really hard thing to do.
Forfeit is offline                         Send a private message to Forfeit
Old 29-09-2007, 12:57 AM   #89
mglsharkson

I played the demo of FEAR - need to get the full version, crank the sounds, kill the lights and lock the door!
Guys - Which version to get? Cheap original, Directors cut (Gold DVD)? Or add on extraction point combo? Thoughts?

Resident Evil 2 Platinum - another bargain been, finally after many years I got use to the controls, fun, tough and
addicting, this this version I got access to BIG guns with unlimited ammo to make it past those tough sections!

Res Evil 4 - good graphics / sound, BAD controls! Why or why did they do a STRAIGHT PORT from Gamecube? I have both PC and Gamecube and now I have to buy a special pc "stick" just to work the inventory!!!!!! Otherwise UNABLE PC version! And I wanted to get any from Gamecube controls because I suck at them! Otherwise I like the game!

{My Res Evil for Gamecube stays unplayed because of getting use to those darn controls! I am left handed mouser, invert look and right handed keyboard for movement> get with it game makers!}

( I will say I do need to learn so I can finish Enteranal Darkness, that game was clever and unnerving)

AVP 2 was a great find in the bargain bin for me, all 3 missions single player plus online battles are a blast. If only they release code to build more maps (like Unreal) but alas the company is no more...
The sounds of the critters where well done as well as the cleverness of DIFFERENT critters for online battles still draws a crowd - THEY NEED TO UPDATE AND RE-RELEASE THIS GAME! Anybody else????

Other games that were tough to play late at night:

Doom 3 - jump out factor

HL mod - They Hunger (I had to leave the lights on for the first level of crypts : * Embarrassing!

MGL

PS - did Fatal Frame ever come out on the PC?