Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 01-12-2005, 07:43 AM   #81
hermaj
Lurker

>>>SPOILERS<<<

Right. I have travelled the Phexcaer-Skelellen road back and forth and I cannot find the Orc Cave. I can't find the Orcish army without going there and retrieving the document. Does the cave disappear or something after you get all the map pieces? I have eight and have already got the sword, but that's no use without an army!
hermaj is offline                         Send a private message to hermaj
Old 05-12-2005, 04:35 PM   #82
Skyrage

Alrighty, just one question: in the dungeon (master dramosch quest) in Thorwal, at the second level, how do you open that locked door with the stairs to the third level? I got a key from the fight in that room but I guess the key is just for the chest that is there as well.

And also, on that very same level: that hole which leads to that smuggler's place which always seems empty...does it ever have anything useful if visited at some correct time or is it always empty?

I can't find any detailed walkthroughs on the net (nonexisting apparent), so it's a bit of a hassle...

Old 05-12-2005, 04:53 PM   #83
Chris
Abandonia Homie

I found a quite helpful solution including maps and tips. So all who are stuck in the game might want to take a look here:

Blade of Destiny - A Traveller's Guide

Chris is offline                         Send a private message to Chris
Old 05-12-2005, 06:31 PM   #84
Erika

Quote:
Originally posted by Skyrage@Dec 5 2005, 05:35 PM
Alrighty, just one question: in the dungeon (master dramosch quest) in Thorwal, at the second level, how do you open that locked door with the stairs to the third level? I got a key from the fight in that room but I guess the key is just for the chest that is there as well.

Alot of people have problems with this door-and others...What I always do is get a magician or a mage to a high enough level to cast the teleportation spell then get past those doors with that (you have to cast penetration first).

I recently got stuck in teh mine in upper orcam. I fell thorugh a hole, and landed on the second level, but as i would try to move, i kept getting "you feel a jolt" and ended up in the same spot over and over. So, what did i do? I tricked the programing by going backwards out of the trap-and it worked! so remeber, sometimes going backwards, or even walking somewhere without light you can get past some of the traps.

For the person who who can't find the orc cave-make sure you have the person with the best perception and tracking skills in front. they will help determine if you find it.

i have almost won, but i forget what to do after i get the sword and the document! its still summer of 16! i got my stuff fast this time. i gues back to thorwal to wait...i'll figure it out tonight. then its on to star trail! yay! new one!

Old 10-12-2005, 08:59 PM   #85
vidak
Lurker

Hi,

I have problem in Hygelliks (?) tomb.
On second level there is closed doors, without lock, behind it stairs leading to Grimring sword. Near the door there are two corridors, each with a lever and a mirror.
How to open this door?
vidak is offline                         Send a private message to vidak
Old 10-12-2005, 09:20 PM   #86
Gamefreak

Approach the mirrors through going backwards towards them.

Old 05-01-2006, 02:39 PM   #87

good game

Old 05-01-2006, 06:52 PM   #88
Gamefreak

Indeed

Old 27-02-2006, 04:18 PM   #89
wjsd

These replies are all great info. Thanks to everyone. I am playing this again, although I never finished it the first time. I seem to remember having a great time hiking around and fightin then an encounter with several groups of "battle mages" and one very long save ago made me put the game away.

All my questions have been answered here. Thank ye thank ye, all hail you all.

My only contribution at this point is a recommendation of "D-Fend" for a front end to Dos box. I loaded BOD through the defaults on a Win XP 2nd system and it works good! Ctrl+F10 releases the mouse, ALt+enter makes full screen. Install the game in to c:\blade directory.

Cheers!

Old 26-04-2006, 09:55 PM   #90
Caval Arete
Lurker

Talking

Quick question about the temple of the faceless god in ?Hjalland? (the little island). Im on the second floor(after taking the ladder down), in a little room with one chest. In the chest is a black crystal. I have tried to destroy it, but have been wounded in the process. Should i try to destory it or shoud it or should i leave it alone? Thx
Caval Arete is offline                         Send a private message to Caval Arete