Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 24-06-2005, 07:22 AM   #81
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

You don't need to complete the carpenter quest anyways. If you find it too difficult then go elsewhere and explore until you get some equipment you feel confident with.

Southeast of the map, directly south of where you begin your journey, lie the infinite dungeon. Packing up on supplies and venturing forth in that dungeon may be a nice alternative at the beginning of the game.
Old 24-06-2005, 03:21 PM   #82
TheChosen
"I" in the Team

You know you've been playing too much ADOM when....
Quote:
Your house is burning down.* Flames and smoke are everywhere.*
* * Yet you stand in the midst of it all, wearing a wooden ring on
* * one finger with a blanket wrapped around your shoulders,
* * claiming that the fire can't hurt you.
More signs can be found here.(Read it!) k: LOL
TheChosen is offline                         Send a private message to TheChosen
Old 24-06-2005, 04:10 PM   #83
Triton

Quote:
Originally posted by Eagle of Fire@Jun 24 2005, 03:22 AM
You don't need to complete the carpenter quest anyways. If you find it too difficult then go elsewhere and explore until you get some equipment you feel confident with.

Southeast of the map, directly south of where you begin your journey, lie the infinite dungeon. Packing up on supplies and venturing forth in that dungeon may be a nice alternative at the beginning of the game.
The carpenter quest is only good for the healing skill. There's no point in taking the quest if you already have healing; the Keethrax quest should be completed later in the game, but you can descend to level 6 with no problem if you have keys or unlock doors (the village and Druid dungeons have more locked and trapped doors than dungeons usually have).

The best plan of action is going straight for the Infinite Dungeon to gain 10 levels. Once you save 3500 and have pickpocketed 27 or more humanoid monsters, you should get detect traps. If you are not a spellcaster, you should find a missile weapon and some missiles and train your ranged weapon skills (preferably in one weapon) to at least level 5 before going to the CoC. The Puppy Cave is a bad idea unless your character is really buff. Ogre Magi can be generated at or below PC: 4, and Doppleganger Lords have been found on the bottom floor. The lesser vault that is usually generated on the bottom floor usually contains large gnolls/hyenas, lesser undead, or orcs.

One of the best sources of information and advice for ADOM is the forum at adom.brinkster.net/forum, which also hosts the ADOM Hall of Fame. They really go in-depth with advice and research, and have created many sound strategies for playing ADOM.

Old 03-02-2006, 08:35 PM   #84
Deapool

i have play ADOM since gamma 9
its the best pc game i've ever play
0 graphics but 10 in any other rating
i have finished the game in the 'easy' mode,just close the gate and go back home
and im trying finishing the game as a champion of LAW,battling the ChaoS goD hand to hand in his own terrain

the options are endless,my favorite task is training my beloved giant dragon turtle 'demon eather' and my giant boar 'dragonslayer'
in game terms a sword wielded by a str 0 character deals 1d8 damage
my giant boar in level 120 made 12 attacks of aprox 15-120 damage,and his speed is about 200,so dragonslayer could attack u 24 times before u can view it,of course....one time i threw a fireball and hit my companion.....which killed me
other is playing a merchant gnome ,so i guaranted the heir item(a blessed leather armor of carrying) which let me carry about 300.000 stones without getting burdened when i cast strenght of atlas and drnk few potions of boost strenght(i really could carry the whole dragon's lair)

of course i would like to try the game,without cheating(no saving games),but its freaky dificult

Old 03-02-2006, 10:00 PM   #85
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

For all those who like ADOM and who would like to talk about it, I would suggest that you get to this sister thread instead. While this thread is 6 pages long, the sister thread is 77 (!) page long. k:
Old 18-05-2006, 01:54 PM   #86
Herold

One of the best games EVER. Graphic is very specific - it's an ASCII-art. It would be misunderstanding to compare this graphic with another games. It's not iconic but symbolic instead. And the difficulty? Yes, it's for true players only. But with knowledge of ADOM I now have it's not SO HARD.

It's a gem.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:17 AM   #87
JpegsOnly
I've got a level 50 male drakish monk named Brenton and he's currently trying to kill all the intelligent monsters on level 50 of the CoC. I want that Chaos Gate to STAY closed!

Old 09-07-2006, 10:29 PM   #88
Nigga
Forum hobbit

No doubt, ADOM is a piece of real ART! Thus, I'd say even not a piece, but a mesterpiece.
Thomas, my loud applause!!!
But hey, guys!
I have three questions which concern me a lot from the moment I've read all the six pages of this forum:

1. Is there at least ONE human who managed to complete ADOM without making ANY backup copies of his character AT ALL??? Especially that "modern" guy who called himself Blood and posted that mega-cool char!
2. Can I have at least a liiiiitlle hint how to complete that carpenter quest without killing him? Of course, it's not necessary to complete it, and it's even better to take that Keethrax quest instead, but those replies of Eagle of Fire and Havell at the top of the second page made me really curious!!!
3. Is there anybody still reading this forum??? Abandonia Reloaded already has 108 forum pages of ADOM discussion and it seems that everybody ran away there
BTW: Can I somehow download all the forum pages of Abandonia Reloaded, because reading all those pages online is quite EXPENSIVE here if you know what I mean :wallbash:

"What if everything you see is more than what you see-the person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a secret door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You can either dismiss it, or you accept that there is much more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things." - Shigeru Miyamoto
Nigga is offline                         Send a private message to Nigga
Old 10-07-2006, 03:56 AM   #89
Eagle of Fire
Friendly Fire

Quote:
1. Is there at least ONE human who managed to complete ADOM without making ANY backup copies of his character AT ALL??? Especially that "modern" guy who called himself Blood and posted that mega-cool char! [/b]
Yes. Too many to count.

Quote:
2. Can I have at least a liiiiitlle hint how to complete that carpenter quest without killing him? Of course, it's not necessary to complete it, and it's even better to take that Keethrax quest instead, but those replies of Eagle of Fire and Havell at the top of the second page made me really curious!!! [/b]
When you climb a stairway up or down, the monsters next of you will follow you to the next level. This is because you can't just run away from "trouble" if you get overwhelmed...

Quote:
3. Is there anybody still reading this forum??? Abandonia Reloaded already has 108 forum pages of ADOM discussion and it seems that everybody ran away there
BTW: Can I somehow download all the forum pages of Abandonia Reloaded, because reading all those pages online is quite EXPENSIVE here if you know what I mean :wallbash:[/b]
Big spoiler:
Quote:
http://www.andywlms.com/adom/adomgb-toc.html[/b]
Old 10-07-2006, 03:35 PM   #90
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
BTW: Can I somehow download all the forum pages of Abandonia Reloaded, because reading all those pages online is quite EXPENSIVE here if you know what I mean [/b]
On the top of the page, in that wide crimson bar there is a grey box labeled "options". Click it and choose "print topic" (which really does not auto-print the thread, just display it in a printer-friendly mode all on a single page and thus far easier to save), "e-mail topic" or "download topic".

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman