Question z.cfg paths go where?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunvagy View Post
"Your probably running the game using dagger.exe. Verify that the z.cfg
file is pointed to the proper drive letter and path where your
Daggerfall CD is, then run daggerfall with the fallowing command:
Fall.exe z.cfg"

This should work, it did for me.
Hi, I am also having the same problem as the other guy. I have everything set up properly as Bethesda says to in their installation PDF. I went to the z.cfg file to edit it but I am not quite sure where to tell it to go.

My Daggerfall files are in C:\DOS\DAGGER and the CD is in C:\DOS\DFCD. Could you tell me what I should type into the z.cfg file? Thank you in advance.

Old 22-07-2010, 09:03 AM   #62
dosraider
Dismembered.

http://forums.bethsoft.com/index.php...scrolls-games/

Not a member of The Victorious People's Shoutbox Liberation Army.
Not a member of the GAG Guerrilla. Don't get A Grip!
FOR RENT
*Advertising space*
dosraider is offline                         Send a private message to dosraider
Old 22-07-2010, 01:42 PM   #63
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narf60 View Post
Hi, I am also having the same problem as the other guy. I have everything set up properly as Bethesda says to in their installation PDF. I went to the z.cfg file to edit it but I am not quite sure where to tell it to go.

My Daggerfall files are in C:\DOS\DAGGER and the CD is in C:\DOS\DFCD. Could you tell me what I should type into the z.cfg file? Thank you in advance.
Are you using DOSBox? If yes, what are you mounting as your C drive?

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 23-07-2010, 09:02 AM   #64
Narf60

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fifth Horseman View Post
Are you using DOSBox? If yes, what are you mounting as your C drive?
I type in as it says on their installation manual "mount c c:\DOS -freesize 1000 [ENTER]" then after mounting the disk using "mount d c:\DOS\DFCD -t cdrom -label Daggerfall [ENTER]" I use the input of "c:\ [ENTER]" then "CD \DAGGER [ENTER]"

Old 26-07-2010, 05:23 PM   #65
Silver Duran
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via MSN to Silver Duran Send a message via Yahoo to Silver Duran

*snuggles Daggerfall*
god i played this game so much when i was younger, so much to do!
Old 21-09-2010, 08:04 PM   #66
bairloch

daggerfall has detected the error 0

well, at least it wasn't a long error code...

oh and now it says fatal error, delete and reinstall. fun

Last edited by bairloch; 21-09-2010 at 08:41 PM.
bairloch is offline                         Send a private message to bairloch
Old 08-10-2010, 07:19 AM   #67
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz
Default For Yoga

Well some tips for ya:
In custom creation of ur character, if u insist on using magic, u should pick the ability "3x INT in spellpoints" means, ur total intellect score miltiplied by 3 is ur total spellpoints, definite must for a caster, even if ur not mainly casting dmg spells.
Few other things in charcater creation, tak as many disadvantaging abilities as u can, prohibited weapons, materials, even maybe weakness to paralysis or so, if u will be caster, then it won't cause u any troubles.
Note: The more limiting disadvantages u will take, the more advantages u can take, in a matter of game difficulty.
Playing a non-spellcaster in DF, well, sucks, not having ability to easily loot stores, levitate or defend urself against Liches/ Ancient vamps, makes the game almost infinshable.
Note: Always when i hear the specific sound of Vamp ancinet, a shiver comes across my spine, as this creature is prolly most powerful in game and just without ability to shield urself with a spell absorb/deflect (u pretty much need both) u gonna die in a second, even with those spells on u can die, since he has MUCH mana, to fill up ur mana and still killing u, in better case he kills himself off ur deflect.
In fact having much gold doesn't quite limit u, in case u don't need to buy houses or ships, without which u can live too =), on the other hand, looting shops makes u find some very good armor/weapons, in the sens of material quality, which u r very unlikely to find on corpses. Easisest way to loot stores is to create a spell "Open" with the least power so it costs few spellpoints to cast, since the doors in town don't have any difficulty rating on them, u always success in opening them with the weakest open, unlikely in dungeons, where u can just bash them.
As for maps of dungeons, main quest related dungs have hard pattern on them, UESP wiki should provide them. As for other side quest dungeons, they're always random, but with a certain pattern in them too, i think that was on UESP wiki too.
For mor questions, I'll check basck every now and then.
G'day 2 ya all.
EDIT: Later in game, it's almost a complete must to have "Teleport" spell, coz if u stumble on a very large dungeon, without having anchor at the entrance, it may take u a shi*loads of time finding the exit, event tho u can rotate the map and look for the exit.

Last edited by wardencz; 08-10-2010 at 07:32 AM.
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 08-10-2010, 07:54 AM   #68
wardencz
Abandonia nerd

Send a message via ICQ to wardencz
Default Addition

Something about training skills:
To train runnig is pretty obvious to run always =)
To train jumping, go under door, and press J (jump), if ur standing correctly, then u should't see urself jumping, but u can see ur stamina rapidly falling, coz u actually jump constantly (best done in tavern).
To train magical disciplines (mysticism, restoration, destruction, etc.) create a spell of each of those with the lowest manacost (example: restore fatigue with lowest magnitude 1-2, im not sure now if 1-1 is possible, then go to tavern, spend ur whole mana on casting it and rest, repeat for how long u want/with any magic school u want)
NOTE: to train destruction u need to create a distance spell, if u create a "touch" range spell, u will have no target to launch it on (in case it's done in tavern, which is best), and again with the least cost of spellpoints, best works with damage fatigue.
To train weapons ofc go nad hack'n'slash some abominations.
To train weapons u do not use as main, the best is to go to castles in major cities, it's a dungeon like location with many guards in it, which u can kill. (best done in a castle of Wayrest or Sentinel, im not quite sure which one, but the guards there do not defend, so u can go hack'n'slash for how long u want, simply keep re-entering)
To train pickpocketing, find a bat or rat, go to steal mode and pickpocket on them for how long u want.
wardencz is offline                         Send a private message to wardencz
Old 29-10-2010, 09:25 PM   #69
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by wardencz View Post
Something about training skills:
To train runnig is pretty obvious to run always =)
To train jumping, go under door, and press J (jump), if ur standing correctly, then u should't see urself jumping, but u can see ur stamina rapidly falling, coz u actually jump constantly (best done in tavern).
To train magical disciplines (mysticism, restoration, destruction, etc.) create a spell of each of those with the lowest manacost (example: restore fatigue with lowest magnitude 1-2, im not sure now if 1-1 is possible, then go to tavern, spend ur whole mana on casting it and rest, repeat for how long u want/with any magic school u want)
NOTE: to train destruction u need to create a distance spell, if u create a "touch" range spell, u will have no target to launch it on (in case it's done in tavern, which is best), and again with the least cost of spellpoints, best works with damage fatigue.
To train weapons ofc go nad hack'n'slash some abominations.
To train weapons u do not use as main, the best is to go to castles in major cities, it's a dungeon like location with many guards in it, which u can kill. (best done in a castle of Wayrest or Sentinel, im not quite sure which one, but the guards there do not defend, so u can go hack'n'slash for how long u want, simply keep re-entering)
To train pickpocketing, find a bat or rat, go to steal mode and pickpocket on them for how long u want.
Hi, dear Wardencz,
Thank You for your detailed and experienced answer concerning Daggerfall.
Yes, I play this game day and night and have some progress.
I am Nord - 31 level, well trained and experienced. Because I am lazy player I did not create magic but simply buy from some magicians. About 30 magics are in my possesion.
.. But it is a dark night in small Bulgaria, yoga is tired and is bed time.
Soon I will give more info 'bout my game and ask for some hint.

yoga
I see you are experienced gamer reading yr advises in Wizardry VII - Crusaders..
Following the smart Scatty I played above game 2 hours only and stopped.
OK..
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga
Old 01-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #70
yoga
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Talking Hurray!

Hi, dear Wardencz,

Thank You for all the hints, y provided so kindly.
- I will continue with my gaming.
It so nice to meet comrade in this hard game.
Well,
My gold is about 130 000 pieces.
My level is 31. Nord.
My Int is 156
My magics:
Shock, Wizard rend,Far silence,Resist cold,Resist fire, Resist shock,Wizard fire,Light,Orc strenght,Troll blood
Cure disease,Sleep,Paralyse,Spell reflection,Spell resistance,Jumping,Resist poison,Spell shield,Ice ball
Fireball,Free action, Invisibility, Levitate, Recall, Open, Balune Autidor, Heal, Slowfalling, Chamelleon

I finished
-Privateer Hood
-Lady Brisienna
-Mordiah Wedding
-King of Worms - Soul of Lich
The present task is
-Prince Lhotun of Sentinel had asked me to investigate the dead of his bro B'oth, who was supposing kidnapped by the Underking years ago-
OK.
I am around Castle Sentinel, walking up-down and asking every citizen about any news for B'oth. The answers:
..to receive public funeral..
..B'oth likes books more than swords..
.. came down with fever and die..
...scholar prince?
Well, no one to give me some note or clue to go to some cave nearby?
It is my problem.. Any idea?
Any help is welcome..
Ty for the help and time in advance..

Grateful yoga

PS: Still no meeting with Vampire. Thanks God!!

All good hearded gamers are invited kindly to help stupid yoga..
yoga is offline                         Send a private message to yoga