Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 11-03-2010, 02:28 AM   #61
DalTXColtsFan1
Default I have the same question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midgetlegs View Post
I realize it was only just asked (uh, a few months ago) but I'm having the same trouble with the values file. Just wondering how to fix this.
This game looks fun but your explorers run out of food wwwwwwaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy too quickly - I'd love to be able to change these settings and actually make the game, I don't know, PLAYABLE!

Please let me know if you find an answer to your question. Thanks.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:40 PM   #62
DalTXColtsFan1
Default Tips

Well, I figured out that horses and patience are big helps. I started off with about 20 explorers and about 50 horses, and about a year's worth of food. You need to keep track of how many natives you bring with you because you don't want to accidentally end up with more men than horses. Trade and trade and trade and trade - between the horses and the natives you'll be shocked how much you can carry. As a matter of fact, I couldn't fit everything they carried on the ship! I had to just take the gold back, come back with another ship, trade and explore some more, and I had more loot than I could carry on TWO ships!

By the way, the spices and artefacts seem to be worth a TON of money. I haven't done the math, but it almost seems like it's better to take the spices or artefacts your first time and come back for the gold.

Just stay patient and keep coming back with more ships each time and by your 6th voyage you should have enough money for an army, especially if you were lucky enough to find cultured civilations early - they're rich, and they replenish themselves quickly!

I'll post more as I play more.

Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #63
DalTXColtsFan1

The point with the horses is when you're on horseback you use TONS less food. And when you have natives with you you lose even less yet because they can hunt for you.

Old 14-03-2010, 04:37 AM   #64
DalTXColtsFan1

I've "beaten" the game. Post if you have any questions.

Old 01-01-2011, 12:30 PM   #65
Ultor

maybe i´m just too stupid, but i really can´t figure out how to return to spain after you´ve landed in the new world.
how can you get that last explorer onto the ship?
thanks in advance

Old 07-01-2011, 07:45 PM   #66
DalTXColtsFan2
Default Hope this helps...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
maybe i´m just too stupid, but i really can´t figure out how to return to spain after you´ve landed in the new world.
how can you get that last explorer onto the ship?
thanks in advance
I think you have to put everything you're carrying onto the ship before you put the last explorer on the ship. If you're carrying more than you can fit on the ship (which is probable if you have native bearers and horses), you have you create a cache on land and dump a bunch of stuff that won't fit on the ship, come back with more ships, and *then* load it onto the ship.

Hope this helps.

Old 19-01-2011, 11:22 AM   #67
Ultor

Well, obviously I was too stupid
Thanks a lot!

Old 20-01-2011, 11:41 AM   #68
DalTXColtsFan2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
Well, obviously I was too stupid
Thanks a lot!
No problem. If you have any more questions, please ask! Good luck, hope you enjoy the game!

Old 18-08-2013, 08:59 PM   #69
Default saves

Is anyone having a problem with save games not actually saving? I try to load a saved game, and my position and current inventory are, but all structures disappear, all settlements, goldmines, etc. just gone. And a side note, what is he difference from the original release and commemorative? bug fixes? additional features? Anyway, any help with this save game issue would be appreciated, as it takes hours to accomplish anything of note.