Go Back   Forums > Abandonia.com > Games Discussion
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 28-06-2007, 01:00 PM   #621
The Fifth Horseman
FUTURE SCIENCE BASTARD

There is a guide on GameFAQs. It might help you.

"God. Can't you people see I'm trying to commit a crime against science and nature here?"
-- Reed Richards
The Fifth Horseman is offline                         Send a private message to The Fifth Horseman
Old 29-06-2007, 03:20 AM   #622
evenstar

Is there a way to get rid of that annoying beep everytime i click on an item in my inventory or pick something up off of the ground. It's driving me CRAZY.

Awesome game!
evenstar is offline                         Send a private message to evenstar
Old 29-06-2007, 09:13 PM   #623

Trying to get this game running on Windows XP, I know generally you need a DOS box set up to run these but seeing as I completely suck at any type of programming i've been going into properties and changing memory settings and the exit on opening box to play my DOS games getting from here.

Thing is with this... The game comes up and I get to the point where can select one of the four characters to play, but when I select one of them, and confirm to use that character, (I assume supposed to) it fades away into black, while i'm not thinking this is the mistake... the black screen doesn't go away, no sounds (which not surprised by, have never had sound on any DOS games i've played) but what really gets me is why nothing comes up after this... If anyone could help me out here would be appreciated.

Old 30-06-2007, 01:10 AM   #624

Last post was my own, follow here on something else I noticed.

After re-reading the review of the game I also noticed I never saw the intro movie, but only the 'Virgin games/Westood' symbols, and then taken straight to the character selection screen, there after game goes black and does not respond.

Old 30-06-2007, 11:53 AM   #625
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

try putting higher cycles (ctrl+f12), low cycles can make a game freeze.
if it didnt help try setting core=dynamic in your dosbox.cfg
Old 30-06-2007, 04:56 PM   #626

Tried the ctrl=f12 and didn't make any diffrence that I noticed... idk enough (anything) about DOS to make the change you mentioned their. Also letting the opening movie play through now all the sounds are comming through as static... Closest thing could describe it as is stirufoam being shreaded over concrete... so yeah, little annoying their.

Is there anything else w/o using DOS I could do to get this to work? If not could someone show me a link to where would show step for step how to get a game to work in DOS?

Old 30-06-2007, 09:09 PM   #627
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

your dosbox.conf is in the directory where you installed dosbox. so open it, search for core and set dynamic.

and if you wanted to increase cycles btw, not just once. you need to press it more times to get your processor higher (but dont over-cycle it cause it will be choppy) just.. set the dynamic

and also, did you run setup.exe and set your card to soundblaster before?
Old 30-06-2007, 11:25 PM   #628

Maybe should be a little more clear....

I have no idea what you are talking about with the tech specs...
I am not running the game on DOSbox, I don't know how to use dosbox so i'm really not following what you mean by "so open it, search for core and set dynamic".

Have been playing DOS games using windows XP by doing what I saw listed on another site saying to change the properties of the exe file in the game.

Mentioning the soundblaster, not really sure how I would go about that... Sry if i'm just being annoying here, but as you probaly figured out already i'm not to sharp with computers.

Old 01-07-2007, 11:19 AM   #629
_r.u.s.s.
I'm not Russ
but an ex-alektorophobic

well, if you want to get the game running, use need to use dosbox
XP compatibility modes dont always work. so dl it, and give it a try, its realy easy. there are also few tutorials on the site. good luck

edit: or you could try vdm sound but im not sure whether it will work or not
Old 01-07-2007, 02:41 PM   #630

Well i'll give it a try, actually gonna be taking a class on this stuff in a few months but until then I really am lost... either way not gonna get this working without it I guess.