Go Back   Forums > Community Chatterbox > Blah, blah, blah...
Memberlist Forum Rules Today's Posts
Click here to use Advanced Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:10 AM   #51
BeefontheBone
10 GOSUB Abandonia
20 GOTO 10

Quote:
Originally posted by Hkizzle@Mar 10 2005, 09:29 AM
Going scuba diving in Easter for the first time in my life.

Doing new exciting things!
What, like a gigantic vat of that slightly unpleasant Easter egg chocolate, with a few bunnies swimming in it?
BeefontheBone is offline                         Send a private message to BeefontheBone
Old 10-03-2005, 10:54 AM   #52
Partizanka
Forum hobbit

I'm a little surprised at everyone's comments about getting too old too quickly, especially the younger people.

Now, my childhood was very very short. I was forced to grow up very rapidly and had an extremely limited opportunity to live fun and carelessly like children get to. I didn't really realize this, though, until I moved to the States.

I was 15, and I started going to school regularly for the first time in my life. There I saw people who desperately wanted to be older. Thought they were all grown up. Needed to think they were, despite the fact the biggest problems they worried about, while being life stopingly important to them, seemed totally rediculous, boring and selfish to me.
The things they Didn't have to worry about, would probably never have to worry about, would fill a list too large to write down, and yet they wanted to believe the "hardships" in their lives granted them some kind of maturity. Not to say the issues they were dealing with wern't important, to them anyways, but they wern't the kind that make a person old.

I'm not trying to say I'm better then them, or anyone, but I was (And still am) very sad that they arn't able to see the privilages they have been granted. The opportunities of living at a time and place where finishing your homework, getting to borrow your parents car, and asking someone out on a date, are the biggest concerns you have. To them that seemed a fate worse then death, to me it was like some kind of dream vacation.

So much rush to get older. So much rush to "feel" older. Doesn't really make sense to me. On the other hand, I am glad that they are given the opportunity and enviroment that is so lacking in difficulties that they can imagine having more would be nice.
Partizanka is offline                         Send a private message to Partizanka
Old 10-03-2005, 12:38 PM   #53
Lizard
Abandonia Homie

Quote:
Originally posted by Partizanka@Mar 10 2005, 12:54 PM
I'm a little surprised at everyone's comments about getting too old too quickly, especially the younger people.

Now, my childhood was very very short. I was forced to grow up very rapidly and had an extremely limited opportunity to live fun and carelessly like children get to. I didn't really realize this, though, until I moved to the States.

I was 15, and I started going to school regularly for the first time in my life. There I saw people who desperately wanted to be older. Thought they were all grown up. Needed to think they were, despite the fact the biggest problems they worried about, while being life stopingly important to them, seemed totally rediculous, boring and selfish to me.
The things they Didn't have to worry about, would probably never have to worry about, would fill a list too large to write down, and yet they wanted to believe the "hardships" in their lives granted them some kind of maturity. Not to say the issues they were dealing with wern't important, to them anyways, but they wern't the kind that make a person old.

I'm not trying to say I'm better then them, or anyone, but I was (And still am) very sad that they arn't able to see the privilages they have been granted. The opportunities of living at a time and place where finishing your homework, getting to borrow your parents car, and asking someone out on a date, are the biggest concerns you have. To them that seemed a fate worse then death, to me it was like some kind of dream vacation.

So much rush to get older. So much rush to "feel" older. Doesn't really make sense to me. On the other hand, I am glad that they are given the opportunity and enviroment that is so lacking in difficulties that they can imagine having more would be nice.
I dont want to rush to get older.I think that times between 12 and 18 are probably one of the best time of your life-no real duties,no real responsiblity and a LOT of time that you can spend more or less as you wish...I just feel getting older. In one way I hate it and in another way I love it...
Lizard is offline                         Send a private message to Lizard
Old 10-03-2005, 01:34 PM   #54
DeathDude
Caught Somewhere In Time

I think depending on where you live, can also play a factor on whether you want to be older or just stay your age, where I live alot of the people I know already started working since close to when they got out of Junior High, and are still working by the time they get to college or university due to high tuition costs (Like $4500 just for 1 year at university, and this is just for studying like Arts, medicine, law whoo close to $9000-10000) I feel content staying my age for now, there were times in high school that I just wished I could of got out much quicker, but you just have to bear with it at times.

http://www.last.fm/user/DeathDude/ Upcoming Concerts will be attending 5/10/08: Dream Theater, 5/12/08: Gigantour, 5/16/08: Nightwish, 5/27/08: Rush, 6/5/08 and 6/6/08: Iron Maiden!!, 7/27/08: Judas Priest
DeathDude is offline                         Send a private message to DeathDude
Old 10-03-2005, 02:21 PM   #55
Koen
Game Wizzard

Quote:
Originally posted by Hkizzle@Mar 10 2005, 10:29 AM
This is a depressing topic. I mean come on, when you are a teenager you have the rest of your life ahead of you.

0-5, too young to remember much.
5-12 =
12-20 =
20-30 =
30-45 =
45-70
:blink: this is more depressing! If I understand you right, when you're 20, you're actually at 50 % of your life... LOL

And when you're above 70, you're forgotten... :crazy:
Koen is offline                         Send a private message to Koen
Old 10-03-2005, 02:45 PM   #56
Hkizzle
Forum hobbit

Quote:
Originally posted by Koen+Mar 10 2005, 03:21 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Koen @ Mar 10 2005, 03:21 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Hkizzle@Mar 10 2005, 10:29 AM
This is a depressing topic. I mean come on, when you are a teenager you have the rest of your life ahead of you.

0-5, too young to remember much.
5-12 =
12-20 =
20-30 =
30-45 =
45-70
:blink: this is more depressing! If I understand you right, when you're 20, you're actually at 50 % of your life... LOL

And when you're above 70, you're forgotten... :crazy: [/b][/quote]
L.o.L
Hkizzle is offline                         Send a private message to Hkizzle